|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 24 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is everyone when Z. G. and Pearl arrive at the Green Dragon?
(a) Working in the rice paddies.
(b) On the road to a larger commune.
(c) Either dead or in their homes too weak to work.
(d) Gathered at a public criticism.
2. What are sparrows, rats, insects, and flies considered?
(a) The worst karmic debt.
(b) The most fleeting Karma.
(c) The four evils.
(d) The four blessings.
3. How has Joy been feeling physically lately?
(a) About the same as always.
(b) In great shape.
(c) Very ill.
(d) She's been nauseous.
4. What has Auntie Hu managed to do despite the new governmental controls?
(a) Visit abroad.
(b) Live a life of luxury.
(c) Write to May regularly.
(d) Create art in her own fashion.
5. Why does Z.G. rebuke Joy?
(a) For not being properly respectful to him.
(b) For laughing at one of the village elders.
(c) For feeling pride in her performance.
(d) For sneaking off with Tao.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Joy miserable on the commune?
2. How does the Chinese government view romance?
3. What do Pearl's housemates do when Pearl is out of the house one day?
4. Who has kept Pearl's room exactly as she left it?
5. Who is in charge of seeing that Dandelion Number Eight reaches its goals?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)