|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 7 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Pearl's housemates say about her when she returns from Auntie Hu's home?
(a) She does not work hard enough.
(b) She is too noisy.
(c) She is too imperialistic.
(d) She is too slow.
2. To what is Pearl sentenced?
(a) Six days in a community work house.
(b) Six days hard labor.
(c) Weekly thought-reform sessions.
(d) Weekly reports to an agent.
3. What does Joy witness as a result of the woman's suicide?
(a) The village pelting someone with rotten fruit.
(b) A whipping.
(c) A hanging.
(d) Her first public criticism.
4. Who does May think about finding in China?
(a) Her aunt and uncle.
(b) Z. G.
(c) Her half sister.
(d) Her brother.
5. Who is clearly talented when Z.G. begins his art class?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joy think she will never leave the commune?
2. Who is chasing Joy from the United States?
3. What has happened to Kumei from the age of five on?
4. What mottoes does Joy quote when entering mainland China?
5. What does Pearl learn from Z. G.'s servant?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)