Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part One: The Tiger Leaps: Chapters 4 - 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kumei think Joy and Tao are a perfect match?
(a) Joy is a tiger and Tao is a dog.
(b) Joy has many siblings and Tao is an only child.
(c) Joy is a leo and Tao is a virgo.
(d) Joy is short and Tao is short.
2. When is the last time Pearl has been in China?
(a) When she is 9.
(b) As a teenager.
(c) When she is 40.
(d) When she is 28.
3. Who explains to Pearl that China has a large export business?
(a) Z. G.
(b) The CEO of the largest export business in China.
(c) The agent in immigration.
(d) A worker from Soo Yuen Benevolent Association.
4. On what wall is Joy's picture to be hung?
(a) The Wailing Wall.
(b) The wall of disillusioned Americans.
(c) The Comrade Wall of Returned Chinese.
(d) The Great Wall.
5. Why did Joy's real father paint portraits of Joy's mother and aunt?
(a) For wanted posters.
(b) To practice.
(c) For propaganda posters.
(d) Because he loved both of them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Pearl elation when she enters China?
2. What mottoes does Joy quote when entering mainland China?
3. Why does one woman say that Pearl should not try to contact Z. G.?
4. What does Joy tell Joe when she calls him?
5. Where do Joy and her father go?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)