|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 24 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the government promise to women who give birth?
(a) Their female children will be protected.
(b) An experienced doctor.
(c) Extra food rations and cloth.
(d) An experienced midwife.
2. What has Auntie Hu managed to do despite the new governmental controls?
(a) Write to May regularly.
(b) Live a life of luxury.
(c) Create art in her own fashion.
(d) Visit abroad.
3. Who does Joy believe is her biological mother?
4. What does Pearl's contact help her do?
(a) Set up a contact across in Hong Kong for mail forwarding.
(b) Contact the artist association of Beijing.
(c) Contact the missing persons bureau of Shanghai.
(d) Sneak into China.
5. Why does Joy think she will never leave the commune?
(a) She loves farming.
(b) She is afraid to leave it.
(c) She loves Tao.
(d) Her father has to live there for the rest of his life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Z. G. supposed to remember?
2. How does May hide the money she sends to Pearl?
3. What does Pearl think will be very difficult?
4. Why did Joy's real father paint portraits of Joy's mother and aunt?
5. Why does Pearl feel terrible as she harvests various crops?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)