|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 24 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much rice is each peasant given per day?
(a) One cup.
(b) A quart.
(c) Two cups.
(d) One-half cup.
2. What are Z. G. and Pearl's reaction to what they see on their drive to the commune?
(b) Horror at what they are witnessing.
(c) Incredulity at the wasted harvest.
(d) Indifference since it's almost as bad in the city.
3. When is the last time Pearl has been in China?
(a) When she is 40.
(b) When she is 9.
(c) When she is 28.
(d) As a teenager.
4. What does Joy allow Pearl to do?
(a) Braid her hair.
(b) Get ready to see Tao.
(c) Sleep late.
(d) Help her bathe.
5. On what wall is Joy's picture to be hung?
(a) The wall of disillusioned Americans.
(b) The Great Wall.
(c) The Comrade Wall of Returned Chinese.
(d) The Wailing Wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Z. G. and the others encounter on the way back to Shanghai?
2. To what does Pearl awaken?
3. How is Joy's relationship with her in-laws proceeding?
4. What has happened to Kumei from the age of five on?
5. What will make it more difficult for Pearl to search for Joy?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)