|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 24 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Pearl and Dun married?
(a) They decide to wait until they get to the States.
(b) In a Buddhist temple.
(c) In a government ceremony.
(d) By the building supervisor.
2. How does Joy convince the brigade leader to let her do her project in the commune center?
(a) Shows him how it will help the commune's output.
(b) Gives him a money bribe.
(c) Offers to go to bed with him.
(d) Appeals to his self interest.
3. What has Auntie Hu managed to do despite the new governmental controls?
(a) Visit abroad.
(b) Write to May regularly.
(c) Live a life of luxury.
(d) Create art in her own fashion.
4. What does Pearl finally admit to May?
(a) That Pearl has decided to stay in China.
(b) That Joy is ready to come home.
(c) That she has found Joy.
(d) That Z. G. is dead.
5. What does Pearl's contact help her do?
(a) Contact the missing persons bureau of Shanghai.
(b) Sneak into China.
(c) Contact the artist association of Beijing.
(d) Set up a contact across in Hong Kong for mail forwarding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tao's mother send Joy when she begins contractions?
2. Why does Joy boil the shoes Pearl sends her?
3. Who is clearly talented when Z.G. begins his art class?
4. How does the Chinese government view romance?
5. How long has it been since Pearl has moved back into her childhood home?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)