|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 24 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a social campaign aimed to transform China called?
(a) Leaping into the Future.
(b) The Hope of the Future.
(c) The Great Leap Forward.
(d) China First.
2. What will make it more difficult for Pearl to search for Joy?
(a) Having no money.
(b) Having no transportation.
(c) Registering her information.
(d) Having her passport taken.
3. Who does May think about finding in China?
(a) Her aunt and uncle.
(b) Z. G.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her half sister.
4. How does the Captain of the ship from Hong Kong cheat Joy?
(a) He does not cheat her.
(b) He charges her double for the passage.
(c) He takes half of her money for exchanging her American dollars.
(d) He offers to keep her jewelry safe but never gives it back.
5. What do Joy and Z. G. do in Canton?
(a) Make plans.
(b) Cry about Joy.
(c) Make love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stage of starvation are the peasants entering?
2. What does Pearl frequently see as she is doing her job as paper collector?
3. How has Joy been feeling physically lately?
4. How will Joy and her baby be sneaked out of the commune?
5. What does Tao say is the reason for the water buffalo's suffering?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)