|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 24 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Z. G.?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A diplomat for the People's Republic of China.
(c) Joy's father.
(d) A Chinese official high up in the party.
2. Why are all the people of the commune fed three meals a day at the canteen?
(a) To free up the woman from domestic chores.
(b) To save resources.
(c) To save fire wood.
(d) To create a spirit of camaraderie.
3. What does the government insist the sparrows do?
(a) Devour most of the seeds and grains.
(b) Nest in eaves and ruin them.
(c) Ignore the government's war.
(d) Deface public seating areas.
4. What does Pearl learn from Z. G.'s servant?
(a) Z. G. has met Joy.
(b) Z. G. is being honored in Beijing that month.
(c) Joy is not with Z. G.
(d) Z. G. has been sent to the countryside to redeem himself.
5. How does the Captain of the ship from Hong Kong cheat Joy?
(a) He offers to keep her jewelry safe but never gives it back.
(b) He takes half of her money for exchanging her American dollars.
(c) He charges her double for the passage.
(d) He does not cheat her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pearl not leave with Z. G.?
2. What does Pearl finally admit to May?
3. Why does Joy think she will never leave the commune?
4. How does May hide the money she sends to Pearl?
5. What does Auntie Hu tell Pearl?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)