|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 24 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the problem with planting wheat?
(a) The mice eat too much of it.
(b) The high humidity spoils wheat.
(c) The birds eat too much of it.
(d) The soil is not right for wheat.
2. On what wall is Joy's picture to be hung?
(a) The Wailing Wall.
(b) The wall of disillusioned Americans.
(c) The Great Wall.
(d) The Comrade Wall of Returned Chinese.
3. What do Pearl's housemates do when Pearl is out of the house one day?
(a) Take everything of any value out of Pearl's bedroom.
(b) Give Pearl's bedroom to another woman.
(c) Destroy Pearl's bedroom.
(d) Searched her bedroom.
4. Why does Joy go to China?
(a) To teach English.
(b) To learn about Chinese history.
(c) To find her birth father and true self.
(d) To visit her brother.
5. What does the FBI want Sam to do?
(a) Work undercover for them in San Francisco.
(b) Set up a meeting with some Chinese Communists.
(c) Work undercover for them in China.
(d) Turn in Joy as a Communist sympathizer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the government insist the sparrows do?
2. Where does Tao's mother send Joy when she begins contractions?
3. What work does Pearl do?
4. What does Tao ask Joy?
5. What does Auntie Hu tell Pearl?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)