|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 24 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do they put metal blinders on the water buffalo?
(a) To keep the flies out of their eyes.
(b) To keep the sun from giving them cataracts.
(c) To keep them from kicking since they won't kick if they can't see.
(d) To keep them from walking around sharp rocks in the field.
2. For what does Pearl find herself homesick?
(a) Her home in Los Angeles.
(b) Her home in San Francisco.
(c) Her life as a teenager in Green Dragon Village.
(d) The Shanghai she once knew.
3. Who is waiting for Pearl in her bedroom?
(b) No one.
(d) Z. G.
4. What does Pearl frequently see as she is doing her job as paper collector?
(a) Propaganda against the United States.
(b) Disabled elderly people begging.
(c) Posters of she and May.
(d) People celebrating Communism.
5. Who explains to Pearl that China has a large export business?
(a) Z. G.
(b) The CEO of the largest export business in China.
(c) The agent in immigration.
(d) A worker from Soo Yuen Benevolent Association.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Kumei have a disagreement?
2. Who has kept Pearl's room exactly as she left it?
3. How many travel permits does Z. G. obtain?
4. What will make it more difficult for Pearl to search for Joy?
5. What does the agent do before allowing Joy to enter China?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)