|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 24 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who concocts a plan to get to the commune?
(a) Auntie Hu.
(b) Z. G.
2. What does Pearl sometimes sneak and keep?
(a) Pieces of material.
(b) Bits of memorabilia from her childhood in China.
(c) Newspaper articles about Z. G.
(d) Small pieces of the poster of her and May.
3. What does Joy allow Pearl to do?
(a) Braid her hair.
(b) Get ready to see Tao.
(c) Sleep late.
(d) Help her bathe.
4. What has Pearl maintained in Hong Kong?
(a) A friendship with someone she knew as a young child.
(b) An apartment.
(c) A deposit box with her American passport.
(d) Illegal contacts.
5. What does Dun recognize as symbolic of extreme distress?
(a) The "x" mark on several pieces of paper.
(b) The boiled piece of leather.
(c) The feathers in the package.
(d) The black circles on several pieces of paper
Short Answer Questions
1. In what typeface is the entire Prologue written?
2. How does Sam die?
3. What does the government promise to women who give birth?
4. What does Tao ask Joy?
5. What does Joy realize by the messages in the shoes?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)