|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 24 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joy do when she finds her father coming out of a meeting?
(a) Decides she does not want to contact him yet.
(b) Follows him home.
(c) Starts crying on the street.
(d) Confronts him on the street.
2. According to Auntie Hu, how can Pearl reclaim many of her old belongings?
(a) By petitioning the government.
(b) By asking the neighbors for help.
(c) By finding all the receipts in the trunks in the attic.
(d) In pawn shops.
3. What stage of starvation are the peasants entering?
(b) Weight Loss.
(d) Skin diseases.
4. Who does Pearl carry to the car?
(d) No one.
5. What does Pearl's contact help her do?
(a) Contact the artist association of Beijing.
(b) Set up a contact across in Hong Kong for mail forwarding.
(c) Contact the missing persons bureau of Shanghai.
(d) Sneak into China.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Zodiac sign can include being tricky?
2. Who concocts a plan to get to the commune?
3. What has Pearl maintained in Hong Kong?
4. What does Joy realize by the messages in the shoes?
5. To what does Joy think the people are blind?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)