|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Four: The Dragon Rises: Chapters 24 - 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Joy's real father paint portraits of Joy's mother and aunt?
(a) Because he loved both of them.
(b) For propaganda posters.
(c) For wanted posters.
(d) To practice.
2. What does the commune leader announce that is mandated by the government?
(a) A contest.
(b) A new type of farming.
(c) A new irrigation system.
(d) A new crop.
3. What requires that every pair of hands work nonstop?
(a) The upcoming festival.
(b) The overseer.
(c) The harvest.
(d) The Great Leap Forward.
4. Why does Pearl not leave with Z. G.?
(a) Joy will not leave the commune.
(b) She is in love with a man at the commune.
(c) She hopes to whisk Joy away.
(d) Pearl has been ordered to stay at the commune.
5. What does Pearl confide to Joy about Dun?
(a) That he is a spy for the United States.
(b) That he is the man she loved when she was a teen before leaving China.
(c) That he is going to America.
(d) That he has asked Pearl to marry him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Feng Tao supposedly do in Shanghai?
2. What is Tao disgusted with Joy?
3. What will make it more difficult for Pearl to search for Joy?
4. Where is Joy wandering just after she runs away from home?
5. How does the Chinese government view romance?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)