|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 7 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Auntie Hu managed to do despite the new governmental controls?
(a) Live a life of luxury.
(b) Create art in her own fashion.
(c) Write to May regularly.
(d) Visit abroad.
2. What does Pearl think will be very difficult?
(a) Getting into China.
(b) Leaving China.
(c) Finding Z. G.
(d) Convincing Joy to come home.
3. What job is Pearl given?
(d) Paper collector.
4. Why is Joy not supposed to be pleased with her performance?
(a) An American cannot do something well.
(b) She is not supposed to do better than others in the village.
(c) She is an outsider.
(d) There is no place for pride in China.
5. Who is chasing Joy from the United States?
(b) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pearl learn from Z. G.'s servant?
2. What does Joy witness as a result of the woman's suicide?
3. Where is Joy wandering just after she runs away from home?
4. What does Pearl's contact help her do?
5. Who are the narrator(s) in "Dreams of Joy"?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)