|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 7 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pearl learn from Z. G.'s servant?
(a) Z. G. has met Joy.
(b) Z. G. has been sent to the countryside to redeem himself.
(c) Z. G. is being honored in Beijing that month.
(d) Joy is not with Z. G.
2. What does the interrogator force Pearl to do?
(a) Register all her information.
(b) Tell him everything she knows about the United States.
(c) Renounce her Imperialist ways.
(d) Renounce her American citizenship.
3. Who is Auntie Hu?
(a) May's husband's aunt.
(b) An elderly woman who everyone calls Auntie Hu.
(c) Pearl's mother's best friend.
(d) Pearl's great aunt.
4. Who is waiting for Pearl in her bedroom?
(b) No one.
(c) Z. G.
5. What does Joy witness as a result of the woman's suicide?
(a) A whipping.
(b) Her first public criticism.
(c) A hanging.
(d) The village pelting someone with rotten fruit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the narrator(s) in "Dreams of Joy"?
2. What job is Pearl given?
3. Where is Joy wandering just after she runs away from home?
4. To what is Pearl sentenced?
5. How does Z. G. view Joy's relationship with Tao?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)