|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 7 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Joy's real father paint portraits of Joy's mother and aunt?
(a) Because he loved both of them.
(b) For propaganda posters.
(c) For wanted posters.
(d) To practice.
2. In what typeface is the entire Prologue written?
(d) Regular type.
3. Who is not suspicious of Pearl?
(a) Z. G.
(b) Her old nanny.
(c) Her brother-in-law.
4. How does Sam die?
5. What does Pearl think she would have done if life had treated her a bit more kindly?
(a) Had several of her own children.
(b) Found Joy and gotten out of China already.
(c) Lived to a ripe old age in the Shanghai of her youth.
(d) Married a young, handsome professor like Dun.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what is Pearl sentenced?
2. What has Auntie Hu managed to do despite the new governmental controls?
3. Who is Auntie Hu?
4. What causes Pearl elation when she enters China?
5. For what does Pearl find herself homesick?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)