|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 7 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tao say is the reason for the water buffalo's suffering?
(a) The water buffalo won't let a human treat its wounds.
(b) He says there is no reason; it just is.
(c) There are no veterinarians in the area.
(d) Punishment for deeds in a past life.
2. What does Pearl think will be very difficult?
(a) Getting into China.
(b) Convincing Joy to come home.
(c) Finding Z. G.
(d) Leaving China.
3. What does Tao ask Joy?
(a) If he can return with her to the United States.
(b) If she will marry him.
(c) If she has a young man in the United States.
(d) If she will stay with him in the Green Dragon village which what he loves.
4. What does Joy witness as a result of the woman's suicide?
(a) The village pelting someone with rotten fruit.
(b) A hanging.
(c) A whipping.
(d) Her first public criticism.
5. What has Auntie Hu managed to do despite the new governmental controls?
(a) Live a life of luxury.
(b) Write to May regularly.
(c) Visit abroad.
(d) Create art in her own fashion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Z. G.?
2. Who does Joy believe is her biological mother?
3. On what wall is Joy's picture to be hung?
4. Why did Joy's real father paint portraits of Joy's mother and aunt?
5. Who are the narrator(s) in "Dreams of Joy"?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)