|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 7 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Joy think she will never leave the commune?
(a) She is afraid to leave it.
(b) She loves farming.
(c) Her father has to live there for the rest of his life.
(d) She loves Tao.
2. What has Auntie Hu managed to do despite the new governmental controls?
(a) Create art in her own fashion.
(b) Visit abroad.
(c) Write to May regularly.
(d) Live a life of luxury.
3. Who is not suspicious of Pearl?
(a) Her old nanny.
(c) Her brother-in-law.
(d) Z. G.
4. How long has it been since Pearl has moved back into her childhood home?
(a) 6 weeks.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 3 months.
5. Who is waiting for Pearl in her bedroom?
(a) No one.
(d) Z. G.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joy go to China?
2. What does the agent do before allowing Joy to enter China?
3. What do Pearl's housemates say about her when she returns from Auntie Hu's home?
4. Why did Joy's real father paint portraits of Joy's mother and aunt?
5. To where does Pearl walk?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)