|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 7 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is actually Joy's biological mother?
2. Why does Joy go to China?
(a) To visit her brother.
(b) To teach English.
(c) To find her birth father and true self.
(d) To learn about Chinese history.
3. When is the last time Pearl has been in China?
(a) When she is 9.
(b) As a teenager.
(c) When she is 40.
(d) When she is 28.
4. Who is chasing Joy from the United States?
(d) No one.
5. What mottoes does Joy quote when entering mainland China?
(a) Some she has read by Chairman Mao.
(b) Some her mother told her.
(c) Some her aunt told her.
(d) Those she learns from the Chinese Student Democratic Association.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joy witness as a result of the woman's suicide?
2. For what does Pearl find herself homesick?
3. How does Sam die?
4. What job is Pearl given?
5. What has happened to Kumei from the age of five on?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)