|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 7 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who explains to Pearl that China has a large export business?
(a) Z. G.
(b) A worker from Soo Yuen Benevolent Association.
(c) The agent in immigration.
(d) The CEO of the largest export business in China.
2. What does Joy realize are empty fantasies?
(a) Going to college on the East Coast.
(b) Finding her real father.
(c) Joe's notion of moving to China with Joy.
(d) Finding any of her half sisters.
3. Who is actually Joy's biological mother?
4. In what typeface is the entire Prologue written?
(d) Regular type.
5. What does the agent do before allowing Joy to enter China?
(a) Confisgate most of her belongings.
(b) Confisgate her American passport.
(c) Give her a new identity.
(d) Stamp her American passport so she will not be able to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Captain of the ship from Hong Kong cheat Joy?
2. To where does Pearl walk?
3. What has Auntie Hu managed to do despite the new governmental controls?
4. Why did Joy's real father paint portraits of Joy's mother and aunt?
5. To what is Pearl sentenced?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)