|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 7 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Auntie Hu managed to do despite the new governmental controls?
(a) Live a life of luxury.
(b) Create art in her own fashion.
(c) Write to May regularly.
(d) Visit abroad.
2. Why do they put metal blinders on the water buffalo?
(a) To keep them from kicking since they won't kick if they can't see.
(b) To keep them from walking around sharp rocks in the field.
(c) To keep the flies out of their eyes.
(d) To keep the sun from giving them cataracts.
3. Who is waiting for Pearl in her bedroom?
(b) Z. G.
(c) No one.
4. Why does one woman say that Pearl should not try to contact Z. G.?
(a) He is married.
(b) He is an agent for a very sinister group.
(c) He has a black mark against him.
(d) He will be in trouble if an American contacts him.
5. Who explains to Pearl that China has a large export business?
(a) The agent in immigration.
(b) A worker from Soo Yuen Benevolent Association.
(c) Z. G.
(d) The CEO of the largest export business in China.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is clearly talented when Z.G. begins his art class?
2. Why did Joy's real father paint portraits of Joy's mother and aunt?
3. Who does May think about finding in China?
4. How many siblings does Tao have?
5. What does Tao ask Joy?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)