|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 7 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the FBI want Sam to do?
(a) Work undercover for them in San Francisco.
(b) Turn in Joy as a Communist sympathizer.
(c) Set up a meeting with some Chinese Communists.
(d) Work undercover for them in China.
2. What does Pearl learn from Z. G.'s servant?
(a) Z. G. is being honored in Beijing that month.
(b) Z. G. has met Joy.
(c) Joy is not with Z. G.
(d) Z. G. has been sent to the countryside to redeem himself.
3. Where do Joy and her father go?
(a) To a large city about two days ride from Shanghai.
(b) To Hong Kong.
(c) Green Dragon Village.
(d) To his mother's home.
4. What do Pearl's housemates say about her when she returns from Auntie Hu's home?
(a) She does not work hard enough.
(b) She is too slow.
(c) She is too noisy.
(d) She is too imperialistic.
5. Where is Z.G. going in the morning?
(b) His mother's home.
(c) The countryside.
(d) To an art exhibit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pearl sometimes sneak and keep?
2. What has Auntie Hu managed to do despite the new governmental controls?
3. Who is Pearl's husband?
4. Where does Z. G. say it is time to go?
5. What will make it more difficult for Pearl to search for Joy?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)