|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 7 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joy realize are empty fantasies?
(a) Going to college on the East Coast.
(b) Finding any of her half sisters.
(c) Joe's notion of moving to China with Joy.
(d) Finding her real father.
2. What does Pearl think will be very difficult?
(a) Getting into China.
(b) Convincing Joy to come home.
(c) Leaving China.
(d) Finding Z. G.
3. Where is Z.G. going in the morning?
(a) To an art exhibit.
(b) His mother's home.
(c) The countryside.
4. What does the interrogator force Pearl to do?
(a) Tell him everything she knows about the United States.
(b) Renounce her Imperialist ways.
(c) Register all her information.
(d) Renounce her American citizenship.
5. What does Joy do when she finds her father coming out of a meeting?
(a) Follows him home.
(b) Starts crying on the street.
(c) Decides she does not want to contact him yet.
(d) Confronts him on the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Joy go to search for her father?
2. Who is chasing Joy from the United States?
3. What does Pearl think she would have done if life had treated her a bit more kindly?
4. How does the Captain of the ship from Hong Kong cheat Joy?
5. For what city does Joy purchase a ticket?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)