|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 7 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tao ask Joy?
(a) If she has a young man in the United States.
(b) If he can return with her to the United States.
(c) If she will marry him.
(d) If she will stay with him in the Green Dragon village which what he loves.
2. On what wall is Joy's picture to be hung?
(a) The Great Wall.
(b) The wall of disillusioned Americans.
(c) The Comrade Wall of Returned Chinese.
(d) The Wailing Wall.
3. How does the Chinese government view romance?
(a) They have offered no opinions about it.
(b) It makes the life of the peasants more bearable.
(c) A necessary evil.
(d) It is strictly forbidden.
4. Who is not suspicious of Pearl?
(a) Her brother-in-law.
(b) Z. G.
(c) Her old nanny.
5. What do Pearl's housemates say about her when she returns from Auntie Hu's home?
(a) She is too noisy.
(b) She does not work hard enough.
(c) She is too imperialistic.
(d) She is too slow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pearl learn from Z. G.'s servant?
2. How long has it been since Pearl has moved back into her childhood home?
3. Who is Z. G.?
4. Why does Z.G. rebuke Joy?
5. How does a woman kill herself one day?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)