|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 7 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Auntie Hu, how can Pearl reclaim many of her old belongings?
(a) By asking the neighbors for help.
(b) In pawn shops.
(c) By finding all the receipts in the trunks in the attic.
(d) By petitioning the government.
2. Why does Joy think she will never leave the commune?
(a) Her father has to live there for the rest of his life.
(b) She loves farming.
(c) She loves Tao.
(d) She is afraid to leave it.
3. Who is clearly talented when Z.G. begins his art class?
4. What has Auntie Hu managed to do despite the new governmental controls?
(a) Live a life of luxury.
(b) Write to May regularly.
(c) Visit abroad.
(d) Create art in her own fashion.
5. What is the precipitating factor for Joy's assignment?
(a) Ping-Li's death.
(b) Being caught in the woods with Tao.
(c) Saying caring for children is the one thing she would hate.
(d) Having come from America.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Joy wandering just after she runs away from home?
2. Where does Joy go to search for her father?
3. What will make it more difficult for Pearl to search for Joy?
4. How does a woman kill herself one day?
5. Where does a guard tell Pearl he directed Joy?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)