|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 7 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the FBI want Sam to do?
(a) Turn in Joy as a Communist sympathizer.
(b) Work undercover for them in San Francisco.
(c) Set up a meeting with some Chinese Communists.
(d) Work undercover for them in China.
2. What is the significance of the book, "Shanghai Girls"?
(a) There is no significance of the book.
(b) It is a less savory view of the lives of some Chinese girls.
(c) It is the prequel to "Dreams of Joy".
(d) It was written by the main character, Sam.
3. Who are the narrator(s) in "Dreams of Joy"?
(a) Sam and Joy.
(b) Pearl and an unknown character.
(c) Joy and Joe.
(d) Joy and Pearl.
4. How does a woman kill herself one day?
(a) Throwing herself down a well.
(b) Throwing herself in the way of the hay cutter.
(c) Falling on an old rusty sword unearthed in the field.
(d) Drinking poison.
5. Who is Auntie Hu?
(a) Pearl's mother's best friend.
(b) May's husband's aunt.
(c) An elderly woman who everyone calls Auntie Hu.
(d) Pearl's great aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tao ask Joy?
2. What causes Joy to question the ways of the village?
3. What does Pearl think she would have done if life had treated her a bit more kindly?
4. Where does a guard tell Pearl he directed Joy?
5. Why is Joy not supposed to be pleased with her performance?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)