|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 7 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Joy to question the ways of the village?
(a) Her father tells her to be silent.
(b) Kumei waves away Joy's questions.
(c) Yuan scowls at her.
(d) Tao speaks harshly to her.
2. What assignment is Joy given?
(a) Giving music lessons to the village children.
(b) That of arranging a propaganda play for the village about the Marriage Law.
(c) Giving English lessons to the village children.
(d) Running the village nursery.
3. Who is clearly talented when Z.G. begins his art class?
4. On what wall is Joy's picture to be hung?
(a) The Comrade Wall of Returned Chinese.
(b) The Great Wall.
(c) The Wailing Wall.
(d) The wall of disillusioned Americans.
5. What has happened to Kumei from the age of five on?
(a) She is raped nightly from her husband in an arranged marriage.
(b) She has had terrible nightmares.
(c) She has had aspirations of becoming an artist.
(d) She has terrible, almost-daily headaches.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sam die?
2. What does Pearl think she would have done if life had treated her a bit more kindly?
3. Why do they put metal blinders on the water buffalo?
4. Why does Kumei think Joy and Tao are a perfect match?
5. Where is Z.G. going in the morning?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)