|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 7 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does a woman kill herself one day?
(a) Throwing herself in the way of the hay cutter.
(b) Drinking poison.
(c) Falling on an old rusty sword unearthed in the field.
(d) Throwing herself down a well.
2. Why does Z. G. arrange for Joy and Tao to have art lessons together?
(a) So Z. G. can discourage Tao from being interested in Joy.
(b) So Z. G. can discourage Joy from being interested in Tao.
(c) So they can spend time together away from the prying eyes of the commune.
(d) They both have similar talent.
3. Where does Joy go to search for her father?
(a) His second wife's family home.
(b) The Artist Association.
(c) A museum.
(d) His family home.
4. Who does Joy believe is her biological mother?
5. What is the precipitating factor for Joy's assignment?
(a) Having come from America.
(b) Saying caring for children is the one thing she would hate.
(c) Ping-Li's death.
(d) Being caught in the woods with Tao.
Short Answer Questions
1. To where does Pearl walk?
2. What does Pearl think she would have done if life had treated her a bit more kindly?
3. When is the last time Pearl has been in China?
4. What does Joy realize are empty fantasies?
5. What does Pearl frequently see as she is doing her job as paper collector?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)