|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 7 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pearl think she would have done if life had treated her a bit more kindly?
(a) Lived to a ripe old age in the Shanghai of her youth.
(b) Found Joy and gotten out of China already.
(c) Married a young, handsome professor like Dun.
(d) Had several of her own children.
2. How long has it been since Pearl has moved back into her childhood home?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 6 weeks.
3. Where is Joy wandering just after she runs away from home?
(a) Fisherman's Wharf.
(b) Golden Gate Park.
(c) The streets of Chinatown.
(d) The Presidio.
4. What does Pearl's contact help her do?
(a) Contact the artist association of Beijing.
(b) Contact the missing persons bureau of Shanghai.
(c) Set up a contact across in Hong Kong for mail forwarding.
(d) Sneak into China.
5. Why does Pearl not get along well with the boarders in her childhood home?
(a) They think she is too bourgeois.
(b) They are suspicious of Pearl's reasons for returning to China.
(c) They think she speaks with an English accent.
(d) They think she believes herself to be superior to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Z. G. say it is time to go?
2. Why does Z.G. rebuke Joy?
3. How many siblings does Tao have?
4. Where do Joy and her father go?
5. Who is chasing Joy from the United States?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)