|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 7 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Pearl's housemates say about her when she returns from Auntie Hu's home?
(a) She is too noisy.
(b) She does not work hard enough.
(c) She is too slow.
(d) She is too imperialistic.
2. Who is Pearl's husband?
(b) She is not married.
3. Who is not suspicious of Pearl?
(a) Z. G.
(b) Her old nanny.
(c) Her brother-in-law.
4. Who is Z. G.?
(a) Joy's father.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A diplomat for the People's Republic of China.
(d) A Chinese official high up in the party.
5. How does a woman kill herself one day?
(a) Throwing herself down a well.
(b) Drinking poison.
(c) Falling on an old rusty sword unearthed in the field.
(d) Throwing herself in the way of the hay cutter.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what city does Joy purchase a ticket?
2. Who are the narrator(s) in "Dreams of Joy"?
3. What does Pearl learn from Z. G.'s servant?
4. Why did Joy's real father paint portraits of Joy's mother and aunt?
5. What does Joy witness as a result of the woman's suicide?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)