|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Two: The Rabbit Dodges: Chapters 7 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pearl think she would have done if life had treated her a bit more kindly?
(a) Had several of her own children.
(b) Found Joy and gotten out of China already.
(c) Lived to a ripe old age in the Shanghai of her youth.
(d) Married a young, handsome professor like Dun.
2. For what does Pearl find herself homesick?
(a) Her home in Los Angeles.
(b) Her life as a teenager in Green Dragon Village.
(c) Her home in San Francisco.
(d) The Shanghai she once knew.
3. What has Auntie Hu managed to do despite the new governmental controls?
(a) Visit abroad.
(b) Write to May regularly.
(c) Live a life of luxury.
(d) Create art in her own fashion.
4. What does Joy realize are empty fantasies?
(a) Joe's notion of moving to China with Joy.
(b) Going to college on the East Coast.
(c) Finding her real father.
(d) Finding any of her half sisters.
5. What job is Pearl given?
(c) Paper collector.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Joy and her father go?
2. What does the agent do before allowing Joy to enter China?
3. What causes Pearl elation when she enters China?
4. What does Pearl think will be very difficult?
5. What does Joy tell Joe when she calls him?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)