|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 14 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is the last time Pearl has been in China?
(a) When she is 40.
(b) When she is 9.
(c) When she is 28.
(d) As a teenager.
2. Where is Z.G. going in the morning?
(a) His mother's home.
(c) The countryside.
(d) To an art exhibit.
3. How does May hide the money she sends to Pearl?
(a) She does not send money because it would get stolen.
(b) Conceals it into a flap on the inside of the letter.
(c) Disguises it as decorative art.
(d) Sews it into the hems of clothing.
4. Alongside whom does Pearl work?
(a) Z. G. and Joy.
(b) Joy and Tao.
(c) Tao and Yong.
(d) Yong and Su-Lee.
5. Who writes frequent letters to each other?
(a) Pearl and May.
(b) Pearl and Auntie Hu.
(c) Z. G. and May.
(d) Tao and Joy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do they put metal blinders on the water buffalo?
2. Who is not suspicious of Pearl?
3. What does Joy tell Joe when she calls him?
4. What is the problem with planting wheat?
5. Where does Joy go to search for her father?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)