|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 14 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alongside whom does Pearl work?
(a) Z. G. and Joy.
(b) Yong and Su-Lee.
(c) Tao and Yong.
(d) Joy and Tao.
2. What does Tao ask Joy?
(a) If she will stay with him in the Green Dragon village which what he loves.
(b) If she will marry him.
(c) If he can return with her to the United States.
(d) If she has a young man in the United States.
3. What does Joy do when she finds her father coming out of a meeting?
(a) Follows him home.
(b) Starts crying on the street.
(c) Confronts him on the street.
(d) Decides she does not want to contact him yet.
4. What does the mandate involve?
(a) Digging miles of trenches for the water.
(b) A crop that has not been grown in China until now.
(c) To see which commune can harvest their crops the fastest.
(d) Using more machinery.
5. Why does Joy go to China?
(a) To find her birth father and true self.
(b) To teach English.
(c) To visit her brother.
(d) To learn about Chinese history.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens three months after Z. G. leaves the commune?
2. On what wall is Joy's picture to be hung?
3. Who is waiting for Pearl in her bedroom?
4. Why does one woman say that Pearl should not try to contact Z. G.?
5. What does the commune leader announce that is mandated by the government?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)