|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 14 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Pearl awaken?
(b) A headache.
(c) A scream.
(d) A growl.
2. Of whom is Joy slightly afraid?
(d) Z. G.
3. To what is Pearl sentenced?
(a) Weekly reports to an agent.
(b) Weekly thought-reform sessions.
(c) Six days hard labor.
(d) Six days in a community work house.
4. Where does a guard tell Pearl he directed Joy?
(a) The missing person's bureau.
(b) The Green Dragon Village.
(c) The Artist Association.
(d) He does not remember.
5. Why does Z.G. rebuke Joy?
(a) For feeling pride in her performance.
(b) For not being properly respectful to him.
(c) For laughing at one of the village elders.
(d) For sneaking off with Tao.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is not suspicious of Pearl?
2. For what city does Joy purchase a ticket?
3. What is the problem with planting wheat?
4. To where does Pearl walk?
5. What does the government realize about the peasants?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)