|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 14 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Pearl maintained in Hong Kong?
(a) A friendship with someone she knew as a young child.
(b) An apartment.
(c) Illegal contacts.
(d) A deposit box with her American passport.
2. Why is Joy not supposed to be pleased with her performance?
(a) An American cannot do something well.
(b) She is an outsider.
(c) There is no place for pride in China.
(d) She is not supposed to do better than others in the village.
3. What requires that every pair of hands work nonstop?
(a) The Great Leap Forward.
(b) The upcoming festival.
(c) The overseer.
(d) The harvest.
4. Who is waiting for Pearl in her bedroom?
(c) No one.
(d) Z. G.
5. How does May hide the money she sends to Pearl?
(a) Conceals it into a flap on the inside of the letter.
(b) She does not send money because it would get stolen.
(c) Disguises it as decorative art.
(d) Sews it into the hems of clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are all the people of the commune fed three meals a day at the canteen?
2. What does Tao ask Joy?
3. Where does Joy go to search for her father?
4. Where is Joy wandering just after she runs away from home?
5. According to Auntie Hu, how can Pearl reclaim many of her old belongings?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)