|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 14 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joy do when she finds her father coming out of a meeting?
(a) Follows him home.
(b) Decides she does not want to contact him yet.
(c) Confronts him on the street.
(d) Starts crying on the street.
2. What job is Pearl given?
(d) Paper collector.
3. For what does Pearl find herself homesick?
(a) Her home in San Francisco.
(b) Her life as a teenager in Green Dragon Village.
(c) The Shanghai she once knew.
(d) Her home in Los Angeles.
4. What Zodiac sign can include being tricky?
5. To what does Pearl awaken?
(a) A growl.
(b) A scream.
(c) A headache.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pearl say about Tao?
2. What does the agent do before allowing Joy to enter China?
3. Why did Joy's real father paint portraits of Joy's mother and aunt?
4. What does Joy realize are empty fantasies?
5. Why is Z. G. sent back to the commune?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)