|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 14 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what wall is Joy's picture to be hung?
(a) The wall of disillusioned Americans.
(b) The Comrade Wall of Returned Chinese.
(c) The Great Wall.
(d) The Wailing Wall.
2. Why does Kumei think Joy and Tao are a perfect match?
(a) Joy is short and Tao is short.
(b) Joy has many siblings and Tao is an only child.
(c) Joy is a tiger and Tao is a dog.
(d) Joy is a leo and Tao is a virgo.
3. What does Joy witness as a result of the woman's suicide?
(a) Her first public criticism.
(b) A hanging.
(c) A whipping.
(d) The village pelting someone with rotten fruit.
4. What does Pearl learn from Z. G.'s servant?
(a) Z. G. has met Joy.
(b) Z. G. is being honored in Beijing that month.
(c) Z. G. has been sent to the countryside to redeem himself.
(d) Joy is not with Z. G.
5. What causes Pearl elation when she enters China?
(a) She sees Joy's picture on the wall of returning Chinese.
(b) She sees her picture on a poster drawn by Z. G.
(c) She sees Z. G. at the airport.
(d) She talks to someone who has met Joy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the precipitating factor for Joy's assignment?
2. Why does Joy accept Tao's offer of marriage?
3. What does Pearl think will be very difficult?
4. What do Pearl's housemates say about her when she returns from Auntie Hu's home?
5. What will make it more difficult for Pearl to search for Joy?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)