|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 14 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pearl's contact help her do?
(a) Sneak into China.
(b) Set up a contact across in Hong Kong for mail forwarding.
(c) Contact the artist association of Beijing.
(d) Contact the missing persons bureau of Shanghai.
2. What causes Joy to question the ways of the village?
(a) Yuan scowls at her.
(b) Tao speaks harshly to her.
(c) Her father tells her to be silent.
(d) Kumei waves away Joy's questions.
3. What does Joy tell Joe when she calls him?
(a) She's ready to move to China with him.
(b) She is leaving for Taiwan.
(c) She is moving to the East Coast.
(d) She has to leave him.
4. Who is Auntie Hu?
(a) Pearl's mother's best friend.
(b) May's husband's aunt.
(c) An elderly woman who everyone calls Auntie Hu.
(d) Pearl's great aunt.
5. What does Joy allow Pearl to do?
(a) Help her bathe.
(b) Get ready to see Tao.
(c) Sleep late.
(d) Braid her hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the agent do before allowing Joy to enter China?
2. What is a social campaign aimed to transform China called?
3. What is the problem with planting wheat?
4. How does Sam die?
5. What does Pearl frequently see as she is doing her job as paper collector?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)