|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 14 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does May think about finding in China?
(a) Her aunt and uncle.
(b) Her half sister.
(c) Z. G.
(d) Her brother.
2. Who is clearly talented when Z.G. begins his art class?
3. What does Pearl say about Tao?
(a) He is handsome.
(b) He is insignificant.
(c) He is a good match for Joy.
(d) He is wise beyond his years.
4. What is a social campaign aimed to transform China called?
(a) China First.
(b) The Great Leap Forward.
(c) The Hope of the Future.
(d) Leaping into the Future.
5. What does Joy witness as a result of the woman's suicide?
(a) Her first public criticism.
(b) The village pelting someone with rotten fruit.
(c) A whipping.
(d) A hanging.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tao ask Joy?
2. What Zodiac sign can include being tricky?
3. Why are all the people of the commune fed three meals a day at the canteen?
4. What do Joy and Z. G. do in Canton?
5. Who is chasing Joy from the United States?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)