|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 14 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What war has broken out?
(a) In Taipai Province.
(b) Against the four evils.
(c) Near the border of Russia and Mongolia.
(d) In Huayang Province.
2. What is the precipitating factor for Joy's assignment?
(a) Having come from America.
(b) Ping-Li's death.
(c) Saying caring for children is the one thing she would hate.
(d) Being caught in the woods with Tao.
3. What happens three months after Z. G. leaves the commune?
(a) He returns to get Pearl.
(b) He is sentenced to death.
(c) He is sentenced to prison.
(d) He escapes to Hong Kong.
4. What has Pearl maintained in Hong Kong?
(a) Illegal contacts.
(b) A friendship with someone she knew as a young child.
(c) An apartment.
(d) A deposit box with her American passport.
5. In what do the sisters write to each other?
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Pearl elation when she enters China?
2. Why does Pearl not leave with Z. G.?
3. What does Joy witness as a result of the woman's suicide?
4. Why are all the people of the commune fed three meals a day at the canteen?
5. What does Joy tell Joe when she calls him?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)