|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 14 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the peasants anxious to do?
(a) Marry Tao off to Joy.
(b) Help Z. G. with his latest gallery show.
(c) Abandon their marriages.
(d) Show how read their blood is.
2. What does Joy do when she finds her father coming out of a meeting?
(a) Follows him home.
(b) Starts crying on the street.
(c) Decides she does not want to contact him yet.
(d) Confronts him on the street.
3. Why does Kumei think Joy and Tao are a perfect match?
(a) Joy is a tiger and Tao is a dog.
(b) Joy is short and Tao is short.
(c) Joy is a leo and Tao is a virgo.
(d) Joy has many siblings and Tao is an only child.
4. What mottoes does Joy quote when entering mainland China?
(a) Some her aunt told her.
(b) Some her mother told her.
(c) Those she learns from the Chinese Student Democratic Association.
(d) Some she has read by Chairman Mao.
5. What does Pearl think will be very difficult?
(a) Getting into China.
(b) Leaving China.
(c) Finding Z. G.
(d) Convincing Joy to come home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it been since Pearl has moved back into her childhood home?
2. To what does Pearl awaken?
3. Who is waiting for Pearl in her bedroom?
4. What does the government insist the sparrows do?
5. How does Sam die?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)