|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 14 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Zodiac sign can include being tricky?
2. Why does Z.G. rebuke Joy?
(a) For not being properly respectful to him.
(b) For feeling pride in her performance.
(c) For sneaking off with Tao.
(d) For laughing at one of the village elders.
3. Who is Z. G.?
(a) A diplomat for the People's Republic of China.
(b) A Chinese official high up in the party.
(c) A farmer.
(d) Joy's father.
4. What does Joy tell Joe when she calls him?
(a) She has to leave him.
(b) She's ready to move to China with him.
(c) She is leaving for Taiwan.
(d) She is moving to the East Coast.
5. What do Pearl's housemates say about her when she returns from Auntie Hu's home?
(a) She does not work hard enough.
(b) She is too noisy.
(c) She is too imperialistic.
(d) She is too slow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is chasing Joy from the United States?
2. What has Pearl maintained in Hong Kong?
3. Why does Joy go to China?
4. How many siblings does Tao have?
5. What does the commune leader announce that is mandated by the government?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)