|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 14 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens three months after Z. G. leaves the commune?
(a) He is sentenced to prison.
(b) He is sentenced to death.
(c) He escapes to Hong Kong.
(d) He returns to get Pearl.
2. Why is Joy miserable on the commune?
(a) The cold and lack of food.
(b) Tao is not paying any attention to her.
(c) The commune leader is coming on to her.
(d) The cold and classes they have to take.
3. What does Joy realize are empty fantasies?
(a) Finding any of her half sisters.
(b) Joe's notion of moving to China with Joy.
(c) Finding her real father.
(d) Going to college on the East Coast.
4. What does the government insist the sparrows do?
(a) Devour most of the seeds and grains.
(b) Deface public seating areas.
(c) Nest in eaves and ruin them.
(d) Ignore the government's war.
5. Why does Joy accept Tao's offer of marriage?
(a) To retaliate against Pearl's comments about Tao.
(b) To ensure that she will stay in the commune forever.
(c) To spite her father.
(d) Because she loves him deeply.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a social campaign aimed to transform China called?
2. Why does Pearl not leave with Z. G.?
3. What do Joy and Z. G. do in Canton?
4. Who do the Chinese hope to overpower in the future?
5. What is Dandelion Number Eight People's Commune?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)