|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 14 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Z. G. say it is time to go?
(b) Hong Kong.
2. On what wall is Joy's picture to be hung?
(a) The Great Wall.
(b) The wall of disillusioned Americans.
(c) The Comrade Wall of Returned Chinese.
(d) The Wailing Wall.
3. What does Pearl's contact help her do?
(a) Contact the artist association of Beijing.
(b) Contact the missing persons bureau of Shanghai.
(c) Set up a contact across in Hong Kong for mail forwarding.
(d) Sneak into China.
4. How does a woman kill herself one day?
(a) Falling on an old rusty sword unearthed in the field.
(b) Drinking poison.
(c) Throwing herself down a well.
(d) Throwing herself in the way of the hay cutter.
5. What does Pearl think will be very difficult?
(a) Getting into China.
(b) Convincing Joy to come home.
(c) Finding Z. G.
(d) Leaving China.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Auntie Hu managed to do despite the new governmental controls?
2. Why does Joy accept Tao's offer of marriage?
3. What requires that every pair of hands work nonstop?
4. Why is Joy miserable on the commune?
5. What does the mandate involve?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)