|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 14 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pearl say about Tao?
(a) He is insignificant.
(b) He is wise beyond his years.
(c) He is a good match for Joy.
(d) He is handsome.
2. How many siblings does Tao have?
3. What will make it more difficult for Pearl to search for Joy?
(a) Having no transportation.
(b) Registering her information.
(c) Having her passport taken.
(d) Having no money.
4. What is valued over performance?
(a) Espirit de corps.
(b) Looking busy.
5. Why does Joy think she will never leave the commune?
(a) Her father has to live there for the rest of his life.
(b) She is afraid to leave it.
(c) She loves farming.
(d) She loves Tao.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Joy accept Tao's offer of marriage?
2. What does Pearl's contact help her do?
3. Where does Joy go to search for her father?
4. Why does Pearl not get along well with the boarders in her childhood home?
5. Why does Z.G. rebuke Joy?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)