|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 14 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mandate involve?
(a) To see which commune can harvest their crops the fastest.
(b) Digging miles of trenches for the water.
(c) A crop that has not been grown in China until now.
(d) Using more machinery.
2. What does Pearl finally admit to May?
(a) That Joy is ready to come home.
(b) That Z. G. is dead.
(c) That Pearl has decided to stay in China.
(d) That she has found Joy.
3. What does the agent do before allowing Joy to enter China?
(a) Confisgate most of her belongings.
(b) Confisgate her American passport.
(c) Stamp her American passport so she will not be able to leave.
(d) Give her a new identity.
4. Why does Joy go to China?
(a) To find her birth father and true self.
(b) To teach English.
(c) To visit her brother.
(d) To learn about Chinese history.
5. For what does Pearl find herself homesick?
(a) Her life as a teenager in Green Dragon Village.
(b) The Shanghai she once knew.
(c) Her home in San Francisco.
(d) Her home in Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Zodiac sign can include being tricky?
2. In what typeface is the entire Prologue written?
3. Why are all the people of the commune fed three meals a day at the canteen?
4. What are sparrows, rats, insects, and flies considered?
5. Who has kept Pearl's room exactly as she left it?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)