|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 14 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the problem with planting wheat?
(a) The soil is not right for wheat.
(b) The birds eat too much of it.
(c) The mice eat too much of it.
(d) The high humidity spoils wheat.
2. Where does Z. G. say it is time to go?
(c) Hong Kong.
3. What are sparrows, rats, insects, and flies considered?
(a) The four blessings.
(b) The worst karmic debt.
(c) The most fleeting Karma.
(d) The four evils.
4. How does Sam die?
5. What is Z. G. supposed to remember?
(a) Why he supported the revolution.
(b) Who is responsible for the liberation of China.
(c) The goals of communist art.
(d) Who makes his lifestyle possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does a woman kill herself one day?
2. What does Joy do when she finds her father coming out of a meeting?
3. What will make it more difficult for Pearl to search for Joy?
4. What is the significance of the book, "Shanghai Girls"?
5. Why does Pearl not get along well with the boarders in her childhood home?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)