|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 14 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pearl say about Tao?
(a) He is a good match for Joy.
(b) He is handsome.
(c) He is insignificant.
(d) He is wise beyond his years.
2. What assignment is Joy given?
(a) Giving music lessons to the village children.
(b) Running the village nursery.
(c) Giving English lessons to the village children.
(d) That of arranging a propaganda play for the village about the Marriage Law.
3. What does the FBI want Sam to do?
(a) Turn in Joy as a Communist sympathizer.
(b) Work undercover for them in San Francisco.
(c) Work undercover for them in China.
(d) Set up a meeting with some Chinese Communists.
4. Why does one woman say that Pearl should not try to contact Z. G.?
(a) He will be in trouble if an American contacts him.
(b) He is married.
(c) He has a black mark against him.
(d) He is an agent for a very sinister group.
5. Who has kept Pearl's room exactly as she left it?
(a) Her grandmother.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Pearl maintained in Hong Kong?
2. On what wall is Joy's picture to be hung?
3. To what does Pearl awaken?
4. What is the significance of the book, "Shanghai Girls"?
5. Why does Joy accept Tao's offer of marriage?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)