|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 14 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Z.G. rebuke Joy?
(a) For not being properly respectful to him.
(b) For feeling pride in her performance.
(c) For sneaking off with Tao.
(d) For laughing at one of the village elders.
2. Where does a guard tell Pearl he directed Joy?
(a) The Green Dragon Village.
(b) The Artist Association.
(c) The missing person's bureau.
(d) He does not remember.
3. What is the problem with planting wheat?
(a) The high humidity spoils wheat.
(b) The mice eat too much of it.
(c) The soil is not right for wheat.
(d) The birds eat too much of it.
4. What does the FBI want Sam to do?
(a) Work undercover for them in San Francisco.
(b) Work undercover for them in China.
(c) Turn in Joy as a Communist sympathizer.
(d) Set up a meeting with some Chinese Communists.
5. What causes Joy to question the ways of the village?
(a) Kumei waves away Joy's questions.
(b) Tao speaks harshly to her.
(c) Yuan scowls at her.
(d) Her father tells her to be silent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Pearl elation when she enters China?
2. Who is clearly talented when Z.G. begins his art class?
3. What does Joy do when she finds her father coming out of a meeting?
4. What does Pearl learn from Z. G.'s servant?
5. What will make it more difficult for Pearl to search for Joy?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)