|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 14 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Joy believe is her biological mother?
2. How does Joy feel about returning to the commune?
3. What is the significance of the book, "Shanghai Girls"?
(a) It was written by the main character, Sam.
(b) It is a less savory view of the lives of some Chinese girls.
(c) It is the prequel to "Dreams of Joy".
(d) There is no significance of the book.
4. How does Z. G. view Joy's relationship with Tao?
(a) He thinks she is too good for Tao.
(b) He thinks Tao would be a wonderful husband.
(c) He thinks Joy would ruin Tao's life.
(d) He thinks Joy would get bored with Tao.
5. How does a woman kill herself one day?
(a) Drinking poison.
(b) Throwing herself in the way of the hay cutter.
(c) Throwing herself down a well.
(d) Falling on an old rusty sword unearthed in the field.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Captain of the ship from Hong Kong cheat Joy?
2. What mottoes does Joy quote when entering mainland China?
3. Of whom is Joy slightly afraid?
4. What has Pearl maintained in Hong Kong?
5. Who explains to Pearl that China has a large export business?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)