|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 14 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pearl sometimes sneak and keep?
(a) Newspaper articles about Z. G.
(b) Pieces of material.
(c) Small pieces of the poster of her and May.
(d) Bits of memorabilia from her childhood in China.
2. How does a woman kill herself one day?
(a) Throwing herself down a well.
(b) Falling on an old rusty sword unearthed in the field.
(c) Drinking poison.
(d) Throwing herself in the way of the hay cutter.
3. What happens three months after Z. G. leaves the commune?
(a) He is sentenced to prison.
(b) He escapes to Hong Kong.
(c) He is sentenced to death.
(d) He returns to get Pearl.
4. Who is Z. G.?
(a) A Chinese official high up in the party.
(b) Joy's father.
(c) A diplomat for the People's Republic of China.
(d) A farmer.
5. What causes Pearl elation when she enters China?
(a) She sees her picture on a poster drawn by Z. G.
(b) She sees Joy's picture on the wall of returning Chinese.
(c) She talks to someone who has met Joy.
(d) She sees Z. G. at the airport.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sam die?
2. Who is actually Joy's biological mother?
3. Why does Pearl feel terrible as she harvests various crops?
4. Who is chasing Joy from the United States?
5. What does the government insist the sparrows do?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)