|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 14 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pearl's contact help her do?
(a) Contact the artist association of Beijing.
(b) Sneak into China.
(c) Contact the missing persons bureau of Shanghai.
(d) Set up a contact across in Hong Kong for mail forwarding.
2. What causes Pearl elation when she enters China?
(a) She sees Z. G. at the airport.
(b) She sees her picture on a poster drawn by Z. G.
(c) She sees Joy's picture on the wall of returning Chinese.
(d) She talks to someone who has met Joy.
3. What does Pearl frequently see as she is doing her job as paper collector?
(a) Posters of she and May.
(b) Propaganda against the United States.
(c) Disabled elderly people begging.
(d) People celebrating Communism.
4. To what does Pearl awaken?
(a) A headache.
(b) A growl.
(d) A scream.
5. What does the mandate involve?
(a) Using more machinery.
(b) Digging miles of trenches for the water.
(c) To see which commune can harvest their crops the fastest.
(d) A crop that has not been grown in China until now.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pearl think she would have done if life had treated her a bit more kindly?
2. Where does a guard tell Pearl he directed Joy?
3. What does the government insist the sparrows do?
4. When is the last time Pearl has been in China?
5. For what does Pearl find herself homesick?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)