|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 14 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pearl feel terrible as she harvests various crops?
(a) For tiring out quickly.
(b) For ruining so much of it.
(c) For not knowing how to cut the harvest.
(d) For not going very fast.
2. To what does Pearl awaken?
(a) A scream.
(b) A growl.
(c) A headache.
3. What requires that every pair of hands work nonstop?
(a) The Great Leap Forward.
(b) The harvest.
(c) The overseer.
(d) The upcoming festival.
4. What does Joy do when she finds her father coming out of a meeting?
(a) Follows him home.
(b) Confronts him on the street.
(c) Decides she does not want to contact him yet.
(d) Starts crying on the street.
5. What do Joy and Z. G. do in Canton?
(b) Cry about Joy.
(c) Make love.
(d) Make plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pearl think she would have done if life had treated her a bit more kindly?
2. What does Tao say is the reason for the water buffalo's suffering?
3. In what typeface is the entire Prologue written?
4. Who has kept Pearl's room exactly as she left it?
5. What are the peasants anxious to do?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)