|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 14 - 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pearl feel terrible as she harvests various crops?
(a) For ruining so much of it.
(b) For tiring out quickly.
(c) For not going very fast.
(d) For not knowing how to cut the harvest.
2. Who is not suspicious of Pearl?
(a) Her old nanny.
(b) Her brother-in-law.
(d) Z. G.
3. Why is Joy miserable on the commune?
(a) The commune leader is coming on to her.
(b) The cold and lack of food.
(c) Tao is not paying any attention to her.
(d) The cold and classes they have to take.
4. Of whom is Joy slightly afraid?
(c) Z. G.
5. What is Z. G. supposed to remember?
(a) Why he supported the revolution.
(b) The goals of communist art.
(c) Who is responsible for the liberation of China.
(d) Who makes his lifestyle possible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Z. G. say it is time to go?
2. To where does Pearl walk?
3. Why is Z. G. sent back to the commune?
4. Who is chasing Joy from the United States?
5. Why is Joy not supposed to be pleased with her performance?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)