|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 21 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Pearl awaken?
(b) A scream.
(c) A headache.
(d) A growl.
2. What do the harvesters leave standing?
(b) Many uncut rice stalks.
(c) Ten percent of the crop for the local farmers.
(d) Every tenth row for gleaners.
3. What does the government promise to women who give birth?
(a) Their female children will be protected.
(b) Extra food rations and cloth.
(c) An experienced midwife.
(d) An experienced doctor.
4. After whom does Joy name her child?
(c) Z. G.
5. What does the commune leader announce that is mandated by the government?
(a) A new type of farming.
(b) A new irrigation system.
(c) A contest.
(d) A new crop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What work does Pearl do?
2. What does the brigade leader continue to expect?
3. What does Joy realize by the messages in the shoes?
4. What assignment is Joy given?
5. What has likely happened to the messages Pearl has sent Joy?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)