|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 21 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting for Pearl in her bedroom?
(a) Z. G.
(d) No one.
2. What are sparrows, rats, insects, and flies considered?
(a) The most fleeting Karma.
(b) The four evils.
(c) The worst karmic debt.
(d) The four blessings.
3. What assignment is Joy given?
(a) That of arranging a propaganda play for the village about the Marriage Law.
(b) Giving English lessons to the village children.
(c) Giving music lessons to the village children.
(d) Running the village nursery.
4. Who is not suspicious of Pearl?
(a) Her brother-in-law.
(c) Z. G.
(d) Her old nanny.
5. What has Tao's family managed to do to stave off starving?
(a) Hide a cupful of uncooked wheat kernels.
(b) Kill a few rats and mice.
(c) Kill a few pigeons.
(d) Grow a few mushrooms in the cellar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pearl feel terrible as she harvests various crops?
2. What does the brigade leader continue to expect?
3. Why do they put metal blinders on the water buffalo?
4. Why does Z. G. arrange for Joy and Tao to have art lessons together?
5. Alongside whom does Pearl work?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)