|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 21 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tao not do after Joy gives birth?
(a) Talk to the doctor about Joy's condition.
(b) Come to look at his child.
(c) Name the child.
(d) Help Joy recover.
2. What is valued over performance?
(a) Espirit de corps.
(c) Looking busy.
3. Who is Auntie Hu?
(a) Pearl's great aunt.
(b) Pearl's mother's best friend.
(c) An elderly woman who everyone calls Auntie Hu.
(d) May's husband's aunt.
4. What has likely happened to the messages Pearl has sent Joy?
(a) She does not think Pearl has sent her any messages.
(b) They are lost somewhere along the way.
(c) The censors have confisgated them.
(d) They were burned for starting fires.
5. Why is Joy not supposed to be pleased with her performance?
(a) She is an outsider.
(b) An American cannot do something well.
(c) There is no place for pride in China.
(d) She is not supposed to do better than others in the village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the government insist the sparrows do?
2. According to Auntie Hu, how can Pearl reclaim many of her old belongings?
3. What is the precipitating factor for Joy's assignment?
4. Why does Pearl feel terrible as she harvests various crops?
5. Why does Z.G. rebuke Joy?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)