|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 21 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Z. G. arrange for Joy and Tao to have art lessons together?
(a) They both have similar talent.
(b) So Z. G. can discourage Tao from being interested in Joy.
(c) So they can spend time together away from the prying eyes of the commune.
(d) So Z. G. can discourage Joy from being interested in Tao.
2. What does the mandate involve?
(a) To see which commune can harvest their crops the fastest.
(b) Using more machinery.
(c) Digging miles of trenches for the water.
(d) A crop that has not been grown in China until now.
3. Who is waiting for Pearl in her bedroom?
(a) Z. G.
(c) No one.
4. What war has broken out?
(a) Near the border of Russia and Mongolia.
(b) In Taipai Province.
(c) In Huayang Province.
(d) Against the four evils.
5. Why is Joy miserable on the commune?
(a) Tao is not paying any attention to her.
(b) The commune leader is coming on to her.
(c) The cold and classes they have to take.
(d) The cold and lack of food.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Joy think the people are blind?
2. How long has it been since Pearl has moved back into her childhood home?
3. How much rice is each peasant given per day?
4. What is the problem with planting wheat?
5. What does Pearl frequently see as she is doing her job as paper collector?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)