|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 21 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What war has broken out?
(a) In Taipai Province.
(b) In Huayang Province.
(c) Near the border of Russia and Mongolia.
(d) Against the four evils.
2. For what does Pearl find herself homesick?
(a) Her life as a teenager in Green Dragon Village.
(b) Her home in Los Angeles.
(c) The Shanghai she once knew.
(d) Her home in San Francisco.
3. How does Z. G. view Joy's relationship with Tao?
(a) He thinks Tao would be a wonderful husband.
(b) He thinks Joy would ruin Tao's life.
(c) He thinks she is too good for Tao.
(d) He thinks Joy would get bored with Tao.
4. How long has it been since Pearl has moved back into her childhood home?
(a) 1 month.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 3 months.
(d) 6 weeks.
5. Why does Z.G. rebuke Joy?
(a) For not being properly respectful to him.
(b) For feeling pride in her performance.
(c) For sneaking off with Tao.
(d) For laughing at one of the village elders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pearl think she would have done if life had treated her a bit more kindly?
2. Why does Z. G. arrange for Joy and Tao to have art lessons together?
3. What is valued over performance?
4. To what does Pearl awaken?
5. What does the commune leader announce that is mandated by the government?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)