|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 21 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the government promise to women who give birth?
(a) Their female children will be protected.
(b) An experienced doctor.
(c) Extra food rations and cloth.
(d) An experienced midwife.
2. How much rice is each peasant given per day?
(a) A quart.
(b) Two cups.
(c) One-half cup.
(d) One cup.
3. What does Tao not do after Joy gives birth?
(a) Help Joy recover.
(b) Come to look at his child.
(c) Name the child.
(d) Talk to the doctor about Joy's condition.
4. What requires that every pair of hands work nonstop?
(a) The overseer.
(b) The Great Leap Forward.
(c) The upcoming festival.
(d) The harvest.
5. What does the government insist the sparrows do?
(a) Ignore the government's war.
(b) Nest in eaves and ruin them.
(c) Devour most of the seeds and grains.
(d) Deface public seating areas.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Chinese government view romance?
2. Why does Joy boil the shoes Pearl sends her?
3. What stage of starvation are the peasants entering?
4. What do Pearl's housemates say about her when she returns from Auntie Hu's home?
5. Who is Auntie Hu?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)