|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 21 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tao not do after Joy gives birth?
(a) Name the child.
(b) Come to look at his child.
(c) Talk to the doctor about Joy's condition.
(d) Help Joy recover.
2. What has Auntie Hu managed to do despite the new governmental controls?
(a) Live a life of luxury.
(b) Visit abroad.
(c) Create art in her own fashion.
(d) Write to May regularly.
3. What do Pearl's housemates say about her when she returns from Auntie Hu's home?
(a) She is too slow.
(b) She does not work hard enough.
(c) She is too noisy.
(d) She is too imperialistic.
4. What do the harvesters leave standing?
(b) Many uncut rice stalks.
(c) Every tenth row for gleaners.
(d) Ten percent of the crop for the local farmers.
5. To what does Pearl awaken?
(a) A scream.
(c) A growl.
(d) A headache.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the brigade leader continue to expect?
2. After whom does Joy name her child?
3. What does Tao say is the reason for the water buffalo's suffering?
4. What are sparrows, rats, insects, and flies considered?
5. Why does Z.G. rebuke Joy?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)