|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 21 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work does Pearl do?
(a) Cooking for the harvesters.
(b) Cleaning the canning pots.
(c) Stoke the blast furnace.
(d) Grinding wheat.
2. What does Pearl frequently see as she is doing her job as paper collector?
(a) People celebrating Communism.
(b) Disabled elderly people begging.
(c) Posters of she and May.
(d) Propaganda against the United States.
3. To what does Joy think the people are blind?
(a) Imminent death.
(b) The government's abuse.
(c) The way the brigade leader lives.
(d) The way so many of the communes members are dying.
4. Why does Joy boil the shoes Pearl sends her?
(a) To kill the mold on them.
(b) To shrink them.
(c) To stretch them.
(d) To extract the rice paste.
5. After whom does Joy name her child?
(b) Z. G.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is valued over performance?
2. What requires that every pair of hands work nonstop?
3. Who is Auntie Hu?
4. What happens three months after Z. G. leaves the commune?
5. What is the problem with planting wheat?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)