|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 21 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pearl feel terrible as she harvests various crops?
(a) For ruining so much of it.
(b) For tiring out quickly.
(c) For not knowing how to cut the harvest.
(d) For not going very fast.
2. What is the problem with planting wheat?
(a) The soil is not right for wheat.
(b) The high humidity spoils wheat.
(c) The birds eat too much of it.
(d) The mice eat too much of it.
3. What does Tao not do after Joy gives birth?
(a) Help Joy recover.
(b) Talk to the doctor about Joy's condition.
(c) Come to look at his child.
(d) Name the child.
4. What does Joy realize by the messages in the shoes?
(a) Her mother is in grave danger.
(b) Her mother is well.
(c) Her mother has not forgotten her.
(d) Her mother is trying to escape back to America.
5. What has Auntie Hu managed to do despite the new governmental controls?
(a) Visit abroad.
(b) Create art in her own fashion.
(c) Write to May regularly.
(d) Live a life of luxury.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the precipitating factor for Joy's assignment?
2. Why is Joy happy but frustrated when she receives a package from Pearl?
3. Why does Tao insult Joy after she gives birth?
4. What does Pearl think she would have done if life had treated her a bit more kindly?
5. What does everyone on the commune worry about concerning the upcoming winter?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)