|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 21 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the commune leader announce that is mandated by the government?
(a) A new crop.
(b) A new irrigation system.
(c) A new type of farming.
(d) A contest.
2. Why does Z.G. rebuke Joy?
(a) For laughing at one of the village elders.
(b) For not being properly respectful to him.
(c) For feeling pride in her performance.
(d) For sneaking off with Tao.
3. What requires that every pair of hands work nonstop?
(a) The harvest.
(b) The upcoming festival.
(c) The overseer.
(d) The Great Leap Forward.
4. What has happened to Kumei from the age of five on?
(a) She has had aspirations of becoming an artist.
(b) She is raped nightly from her husband in an arranged marriage.
(c) She has terrible, almost-daily headaches.
(d) She has had terrible nightmares.
5. To what does Pearl awaken?
(a) A headache.
(b) A scream.
(c) A growl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Pearl's housemates say about her when she returns from Auntie Hu's home?
2. Who is not suspicious of Pearl?
3. What does Pearl sometimes sneak and keep?
4. Where does Z. G. say it is time to go?
5. What is the problem with planting wheat?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)