|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 21 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mandate involve?
(a) Using more machinery.
(b) Digging miles of trenches for the water.
(c) A crop that has not been grown in China until now.
(d) To see which commune can harvest their crops the fastest.
2. What does Pearl frequently see as she is doing her job as paper collector?
(a) Posters of she and May.
(b) People celebrating Communism.
(c) Propaganda against the United States.
(d) Disabled elderly people begging.
3. What do Pearl's housemates say about her when she returns from Auntie Hu's home?
(a) She is too noisy.
(b) She is too imperialistic.
(c) She is too slow.
(d) She does not work hard enough.
4. Alongside whom does Pearl work?
(a) Joy and Tao.
(b) Z. G. and Joy.
(c) Yong and Su-Lee.
(d) Tao and Yong.
5. What do Joy and Z. G. do in Canton?
(a) Make love.
(b) Cry about Joy.
(c) Make plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Pearl feel terrible as she harvests various crops?
2. Why do they put metal blinders on the water buffalo?
3. What does Joy realize by the messages in the shoes?
4. Who does Joy think the most powerful leaders in China are?
5. Where does Tao's mother send Joy when she begins contractions?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)