|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 21 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Z. G. arrange for Joy and Tao to have art lessons together?
(a) So Z. G. can discourage Tao from being interested in Joy.
(b) They both have similar talent.
(c) So they can spend time together away from the prying eyes of the commune.
(d) So Z. G. can discourage Joy from being interested in Tao.
2. What has Auntie Hu managed to do despite the new governmental controls?
(a) Live a life of luxury.
(b) Write to May regularly.
(c) Visit abroad.
(d) Create art in her own fashion.
3. What stage of starvation are the peasants entering?
(b) Weight Loss.
(c) Skin diseases.
4. After whom does Joy name her child?
(d) Z. G.
5. Who does Joy think the most powerful leaders in China are?
(b) The ones who get busy and help the peasants with the harvest.
(c) The ones who have been executed for so-called treason.
(d) The ones who lie the biggest and best.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tao say is the reason for the water buffalo's suffering?
2. Who is Auntie Hu?
3. For what does Pearl find herself homesick?
4. Who is fed first when there is food?
5. Why is Joy happy but frustrated when she receives a package from Pearl?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)