|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 21 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Auntie Hu, how can Pearl reclaim many of her old belongings?
(a) By asking the neighbors for help.
(b) By petitioning the government.
(c) In pawn shops.
(d) By finding all the receipts in the trunks in the attic.
2. After whom does Joy name her child?
(a) Z. G.
3. Who does Joy think the most powerful leaders in China are?
(a) The ones who get busy and help the peasants with the harvest.
(b) The ones who have been executed for so-called treason.
(c) The ones who lie the biggest and best.
4. What does Joy realize by the messages in the shoes?
(a) Her mother is well.
(b) Her mother is in grave danger.
(c) Her mother has not forgotten her.
(d) Her mother is trying to escape back to America.
5. Who is fed first when there is food?
(a) The most productive.
(c) The elderly.
(d) The youngest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joy allow Pearl to do?
2. What does Pearl frequently see as she is doing her job as paper collector?
3. What does the commune leader announce that is mandated by the government?
4. Why does Pearl not get along well with the boarders in her childhood home?
5. What does everyone on the commune worry about concerning the upcoming winter?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)