|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 21 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stage of starvation are the peasants entering?
(b) Skin diseases.
(c) Weight Loss.
2. Why does Joy boil the shoes Pearl sends her?
(a) To shrink them.
(b) To kill the mold on them.
(c) To extract the rice paste.
(d) To stretch them.
3. Who is fed first when there is food?
(b) The elderly.
(c) The most productive.
(d) The youngest.
4. Who does Joy think the most powerful leaders in China are?
(a) The ones who have been executed for so-called treason.
(b) The ones who lie the biggest and best.
(d) The ones who get busy and help the peasants with the harvest.
5. Who is Auntie Hu?
(a) May's husband's aunt.
(b) Pearl's mother's best friend.
(c) An elderly woman who everyone calls Auntie Hu.
(d) Pearl's great aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Z. G. view Joy's relationship with Tao?
2. Where does Tao's mother send Joy when she begins contractions?
3. Why is Joy not supposed to be pleased with her performance?
4. What war has broken out?
5. What requires that every pair of hands work nonstop?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)