|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 21 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joy allow Pearl to do?
(a) Sleep late.
(b) Help her bathe.
(c) Get ready to see Tao.
(d) Braid her hair.
2. What does Joy request of Tao in front of the commune?
(a) A divorce.
(b) His blessing on his baby.
3. What is valued over performance?
(a) Espirit de corps.
(d) Looking busy.
4. Who is fed first when there is food?
(a) The youngest.
(c) The most productive.
(d) The elderly.
5. What has likely happened to the messages Pearl has sent Joy?
(a) The censors have confisgated them.
(b) She does not think Pearl has sent her any messages.
(c) They are lost somewhere along the way.
(d) They were burned for starting fires.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the harvesters leave standing?
2. According to Auntie Hu, how can Pearl reclaim many of her old belongings?
3. What do Joy and Z. G. do in Canton?
4. Alongside whom does Pearl work?
5. What does the mandate involve?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)