|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 21 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stage of starvation are the peasants entering?
(b) Skin diseases.
(c) Weight Loss.
2. Alongside whom does Pearl work?
(a) Joy and Tao.
(b) Z. G. and Joy.
(c) Yong and Su-Lee.
(d) Tao and Yong.
3. Who is fed first when there is food?
(a) The elderly.
(b) The most productive.
(d) The youngest.
4. What assignment is Joy given?
(a) Running the village nursery.
(b) Giving music lessons to the village children.
(c) That of arranging a propaganda play for the village about the Marriage Law.
(d) Giving English lessons to the village children.
5. What does Joy request of Tao in front of the commune?
(a) A divorce.
(c) His blessing on his baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the precipitating factor for Joy's assignment?
2. What does Joy realize by the messages in the shoes?
3. What is the problem with planting wheat?
4. What does Tao not do after Joy gives birth?
5. Who is not suspicious of Pearl?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)