|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 21 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pearl feel terrible as she harvests various crops?
(a) For ruining so much of it.
(b) For not knowing how to cut the harvest.
(c) For not going very fast.
(d) For tiring out quickly.
2. Who does Joy think the most powerful leaders in China are?
(a) The ones who have been executed for so-called treason.
(b) The ones who get busy and help the peasants with the harvest.
(d) The ones who lie the biggest and best.
3. What stage of starvation are the peasants entering?
(b) Weight Loss.
(c) Skin diseases.
4. What does Tao say is the reason for the water buffalo's suffering?
(a) He says there is no reason; it just is.
(b) The water buffalo won't let a human treat its wounds.
(c) Punishment for deeds in a past life.
(d) There are no veterinarians in the area.
5. For what does Pearl find herself homesick?
(a) Her home in Los Angeles.
(b) The Shanghai she once knew.
(c) Her life as a teenager in Green Dragon Village.
(d) Her home in San Francisco.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has it been since Pearl has moved back into her childhood home?
2. What does Joy request of Tao in front of the commune?
3. What does the brigade leader continue to expect?
4. Why is Joy miserable on the commune?
5. What do the harvesters leave standing?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)