|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 21 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What requires that every pair of hands work nonstop?
(a) The harvest.
(b) The upcoming festival.
(c) The overseer.
(d) The Great Leap Forward.
2. Why does Z. G. arrange for Joy and Tao to have art lessons together?
(a) So Z. G. can discourage Joy from being interested in Tao.
(b) So they can spend time together away from the prying eyes of the commune.
(c) They both have similar talent.
(d) So Z. G. can discourage Tao from being interested in Joy.
3. What does the commune leader announce that is mandated by the government?
(a) A new type of farming.
(b) A new irrigation system.
(c) A new crop.
(d) A contest.
4. What does everyone on the commune worry about concerning the upcoming winter?
(a) The snow will be worse than last year.
(b) The ground will get too hard to plow.
(c) The artic winds are supposed to be worse this year.
(d) The winter will be harder than last year.
5. What does Tao ask Joy?
(a) If she has a young man in the United States.
(b) If she will marry him.
(c) If she will stay with him in the Green Dragon village which what he loves.
(d) If he can return with her to the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Z.G. rebuke Joy?
2. How long has it been since Pearl has moved back into her childhood home?
3. What has Auntie Hu managed to do despite the new governmental controls?
4. What has likely happened to the messages Pearl has sent Joy?
5. Who is Auntie Hu?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)