|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 21 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What stage of starvation are the peasants entering?
(b) Skin diseases.
(c) Weight Loss.
2. Why is Joy miserable on the commune?
(a) The cold and lack of food.
(b) The commune leader is coming on to her.
(c) The cold and classes they have to take.
(d) Tao is not paying any attention to her.
3. Why is Joy happy but frustrated when she receives a package from Pearl?
(a) That there is no money in the package.
(b) That the letter is brief and says nothing.
(c) That there is no baby formula in the package.
(d) That Pearl has not come to the commune in person.
4. What is valued over performance?
(a) Espirit de corps.
(b) Looking busy.
5. What does the government realize about the peasants?
(a) They are more aware than they let on.
(b) They are close to revolting.
(c) They are eating more food than can be sustained.
(d) They are for the most part not too bright.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Auntie Hu managed to do despite the new governmental controls?
2. What does Tao ask Joy?
3. Alongside whom does Pearl work?
4. Who does Joy think the most powerful leaders in China are?
5. After whom does Joy name her child?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)