|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 21 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Pearl feel terrible as she harvests various crops?
(a) For tiring out quickly.
(b) For ruining so much of it.
(c) For not going very fast.
(d) For not knowing how to cut the harvest.
2. How long has it been since Pearl has moved back into her childhood home?
(a) 2 weeks.
(b) 1 month.
(c) 6 weeks.
(d) 3 months.
3. Who is not suspicious of Pearl?
(a) Z. G.
(c) Her old nanny.
(d) Her brother-in-law.
4. What does Joy allow Pearl to do?
(a) Help her bathe.
(b) Braid her hair.
(c) Sleep late.
(d) Get ready to see Tao.
5. What does Tao ask Joy?
(a) If she will marry him.
(b) If she has a young man in the United States.
(c) If she will stay with him in the Green Dragon village which what he loves.
(d) If he can return with her to the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is valued over performance?
2. What are sparrows, rats, insects, and flies considered?
3. Where does Tao's mother send Joy when she begins contractions?
4. Why does Pearl not get along well with the boarders in her childhood home?
5. Why is Joy happy but frustrated when she receives a package from Pearl?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)