One Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Three: The Dog Grins: Chapters 21 - 23.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Joy think the people are blind?
(a) The way the brigade leader lives.
(b) The government's abuse.
(c) Imminent death.
(d) The way so many of the communes members are dying.
2. What do the harvesters leave standing?
(a) Ten percent of the crop for the local farmers.
(b) Every tenth row for gleaners.
(c) Many uncut rice stalks.
3. What does the government realize about the peasants?
(a) They are eating more food than can be sustained.
(b) They are close to revolting.
(c) They are more aware than they let on.
(d) They are for the most part not too bright.
4. What does Tao ask Joy?
(a) If she has a young man in the United States.
(b) If she will marry him.
(c) If she will stay with him in the Green Dragon village which what he loves.
(d) If he can return with her to the United States.
5. According to Auntie Hu, how can Pearl reclaim many of her old belongings?
(a) By asking the neighbors for help.
(b) In pawn shops.
(c) By finding all the receipts in the trunks in the attic.
(d) By petitioning the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens three months after Z. G. leaves the commune?
2. Who is waiting for Pearl in her bedroom?
3. Where does Tao's mother send Joy when she begins contractions?
4. Who is not suspicious of Pearl?
5. What does the government insist the sparrows do?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)