|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. By torturing Makak, who do Tigre and Souris suggest the Corporal is actually torturing?
2. Why does Makak say he is lost in Act 2?
3. What law does the Corporal tell the prisoners he is there to fulfill?
4. What does the Corporal say overrules Roman law?
5. What does Souris say to Makak when he leaves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the development of the relationship between Makak and Moustique? What do you think cements their friendship together? What benefits do both characters derive from the relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the symbolism of skin color Walcott includes in his play. What does the fact that Makak and Moustique are black symbolize?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the concept of a tragic hero (or heroine). Describe one character in Walcott's play that can be described as a tragic hero, and explain how that character fits the description. Why does Walcott decide to include this particular character in his work? What does he or she represent?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)