|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Makak ask the Woman in White?
2. In the Epilogue, where does Makak say that he lives?
3. Who brings food for the prisoners?
4. Why does Moustique tell Makak he has gone mad?
5. Where does the Corporal say he is ready to embrace his heritage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the symbolism of skin color Walcott includes in his play. What does the fact that Makak and Moustique are black symbolize?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the development of the relationship between Makak and Moustique? What do you think cements their friendship together? What benefits do both characters derive from the relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Walcott uses a narrative point of view throughout his entire play. Why do you think he chooses to write this way? What are the pros and cons of using this point of view in this particular story?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)