|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not included on the list of people accused of being white?
2. What does Makak say he looked into to see his face when he was younger?
3. Who eventually kills Tigre?
4. Who cries out that he has "killed and tasted blood"?
5. To whom does Moustique apologize?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is racism explored and conveyed in Walcott's work? Why do you think Walcott wrote about it in this way?
Essay Topic 2
Briefly summarize the incident when Makak gets arrested. Why would Walcott include this scene? Is there anything you find particularly disturbing about the scene?
Essay Topic 3
Identify the concept of a tragic hero (or heroine). Describe one character in Walcott's play that can be described as a tragic hero, and explain how that character fits the description. Why does Walcott decide to include this particular character in his work? What does he or she represent?
This section contains 184 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)