|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument plays in the background after Makak falls to the ground?
2. Makak calls himself God's ______.
(c) Chosen son.
(d) Right hand man.
3. Who greets one of the Peasants?
(d) The Corporal.
4. What does Moustique accuse Makak of?
(a) Drinking his coffee.
(b) Casting a spell on him.
(c) Believing in signs.
(d) Wanting to die.
5. What does Makak envision walking along the road?
(b) A horse.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accuses the crowd of not knowing what they really want?
2. What is lying on the ground near Makak in Scene 1?
3. Who does the crowd beat to death?
4. Basil makes cabinets and what else?
5. Who does Makak say are the Peasants' worst enemies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Makak get his name?
2. Describe the relationship between Tigre and Souris.
3. How does the concept of false identity appear in Scene 1?
4. In Act 1, Scene 3, what is the Corporal's view of Makak?
5. Explain the significance of Makak referring to Basil as the "Carpenter."
6. How do Tigre and Souris use the Corporal's mixed race heritage to convince him to give them more food?
7. What is significant about the name of the Market Inspector?
8. Describe the spiritual ecstasy that Makak experiences in the Prologue.
9. Do you think Makak's quest is futile? Why or why not?
10. Do you think Makak's role as leader is a delusion? Why or why not?
This section contains 604 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)