|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Moustique laugh after Basil leaves?
(a) Because Moustique is still alive.
(b) Because Basil falls down.
(c) Because Moustique wants to distract someone.
(d) Because Moustique is remembering an old joke.
2. What instrument plays in the background after Makak falls to the ground?
3. What bites Moustique as he reaches under a bench?
(a) A snake.
(b) A rabid dog.
(c) A spider.
(d) A raccoon.
4. What does Makak say about Moustique being bitten by the thing?
(a) It is God's warning.
(b) It shows that Moustique is human.
(c) It is an ill omen.
(d) It is good luck.
5. What does the man on the stretcher need to do to break his fever?
(b) Wrap his head in towels.
(c) Eat ice.
(d) Take a hot bath.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Corporal say Makak did when people laughed at him in the bar?
2. What race is the Corporal?
3. Who dresses in Basil's coat and hat?
4. Who takes Basil's hat?
5. Who says he saw Makak by the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think Makak's role as leader is a delusion? Why or why not?
2. What is symbolized by Makak chopping off the head of the Woman in White?
3. What is your first impression of Makak?
4. Why do you think Makak doesn't argue more with Moustique about his intent not to use his gifts for profit?
5. What is wrong with the man on the stretcher? What are the Peasants asking Makak to do for him?
6. Explain the significance of Makak referring to Basil as the "Carpenter."
7. Describe the relationship between Makak and Moustique at the end of the play?
8. How does the concept of false identity appear in Scene 1?
9. What does Act 2, Scene 1 say about human nature?
10. Do you think the journey to Africa is literal or symbolical? Why?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)