|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Market Inspector's real name?
2. What does the Corporal call Tigre and Souris?
(a) Illegitimate children.
3. What does Moustique do to the thing that bites him?
(a) He wraps it up in a towel.
(b) He shoots it.
(c) He pets it.
(d) He kills it.
4. Who helps Makak stand and walk after he falls to the ground?
(a) Tigre and Souris.
(b) No one.
(c) The Corporal.
(d) The Figure.
5. Who does Makak tell Moustique he spent the night with?
(a) The Woman.
(b) His ex-girlfriend.
(c) His family.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pretends to be Makak?
2. Who accuses the crowd of not knowing what they really want?
3. What does the Corporal allow each man to drink?
4. What disappears as Makak begins his monologue in the Prologue?
5. Who speaks to Makak in his dream in the Prologue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do you think of the plot in Act 2, Scene 2, Part 1? Is it fast paced or slow?
2. Explain the significance of the list of the white people put on trial.
3. What are some differing views of Africa presented in Act 2, Scene 2?
4. How are nature and God connected in Walcott's story?
5. Describe the spiritual ecstasy that Makak experiences in the Prologue.
6. Why do you think Makak doesn't argue more with Moustique about his intent not to use his gifts for profit?
7. Why do you think Moustique decides to dress up as Makak?
8. What do you learn about Tigre and Souris in the Prologue?
9. Makak and Moustique are black; explain how this affects the interpretation of their journey.
10. What is significant about the name of the Market Inspector?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)