|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Makak try to bribe by saying he has money?
(a) The Inspector.
(c) The Peasant.
(d) The Corporal.
2. Which of the following is not included on the list of people accused of being white?
(a) Mandrake the Magician.
(b) The Beatles.
(d) Abraham Lincoln.
3. What weapon does Makak have in the prison?
(a) A gun.
(b) A piece of string.
(c) A knife.
(d) A sharp stick.
4. Who does Makak imagine is fighting each other?
(a) Blacks and whites.
(b) The tribes of humanity.
(c) Lions and tigers.
(d) Cowboys and Indians.
5. Who emerges from the shadows after the Corporal begs for forgiveness?
(d) The Woman.
6. Where does Moustique say Makak belongs?
(a) In heaven.
(b) At home.
(c) With the sinners.
(d) With the earth.
7. What does Makak tell his companions will bring them peace?
(b) A plant they can smoke.
8. What does Tigre say he sees when he looks into the fire?
(b) Black people in hell.
(c) A coffin.
(d) His childhood.
9. Who tells the Corporal that he has one minute to repent?
10. Why does Tigre say Makak will be set free?
(a) Because he is old, ugly, and crazy.
(b) Because he is psychotic.
(c) Because he is cute and sweet.
(d) Because he is funny.
11. In the Epilogue, where does Makak say that he lives?
(b) Under the earth.
(c) In the heavens.
(d) Monkey Mountain.
12. Who convinces Makak to attack the Corporal?
(b) The Woman.
13. Why does Moustique tell Makak he has gone mad?
(a) Because he can't hold it in any longer.
(b) Because he is a crazy ape.
(c) Because of his hatred.
(d) Because his father was mad.
14. What is the Corporal wearing when he returns in the Epilogue?
(c) A crown of thorns.
(d) His uniform.
15. Who tells Makak he will need money to buy a boat and supplies?
(a) The Woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Souris and Tigre tell the Corporal about Makak?
2. What does the Chorus sing about as Makak and Moustique leave?
3. Who is hungry and uneasy when they arrive in the forest?
4. Who makes a crude comment about Makak dreaming of white women?
5. Who taunts the Corporal after he begs for forgiveness?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)