|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is brought out after Moustique is taken away?
(b) The Woman in White.
(d) The Figure.
2. Who finally chops off the Woman's head?
(a) The Woman.
(c) The Corporal.
3. What does Makak say he looked into to see his face when he was younger?
(a) A pond.
(b) A rain barrel.
(c) A puddle.
(d) A well.
4. In the Epilogue, where does Makak say that he lives?
(a) In the heavens.
(b) Monkey Mountain.
(c) Under the earth.
5. Who counts down the minutes until the Corporal begs for forgiveness?
(d) No one.
6. What do Souris and Tigre tell the Corporal is their right to have?
7. Who does Makak try to bribe by saying he has money?
(a) The Corporal.
(b) The Peasant.
(c) The Inspector.
8. Why does the Corporal leave the prison?
(a) To get more food.
(b) To go to church.
(c) To get some fresh air.
(d) To tell others about Makak.
9. What does Souris say to Makak when he leaves?
(a) "Rest in peace."
(b) "Walk with God."
(c) "Peace be with you."
(d) "You are the light of the world."
10. What does Makak go to find in the forest?
(b) Meat for dinner.
(d) Fresh water.
11. What does Makak say quietly during the celebration?
(a) That he is only a shadow.
(b) That his father's will be done.
(c) That he wishes he were dead.
(d) That he is reborn.
12. Why does the Corporal allow Makak to return home?
(a) This is Makak's first offense.
(b) He thinks Makak was set up.
(c) Makak has a family to care for.
(d) Makak begs for his forgiveness.
13. Who picks up Makak's spear?
(c) The Corporal.
14. What do Souris and Tigre tell the Corporal about Makak?
(a) He is really quiet.
(b) He is the savior of the world.
(c) He is delirious.
(d) He likes to read.
15. What does Tigre say he sees when he looks into the fire?
(b) Black people in hell.
(c) A coffin.
(d) His childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Makak respond to the person who shouts for him to stop the fighting?
2. By torturing Makak, who do Tigre and Souris suggest the Corporal is actually torturing?
3. Who does the Corporal tell to hide Tigre's body?
4. What does the Corporal accuse Moustique of doing?
5. Who makes a crude comment about Makak dreaming of white women?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)