|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Makak say he is going at the end of the play?
(a) To his birthplace.
(b) To heaven.
2. Who convinces Makak to attack the Corporal?
(c) The Woman.
3. What does Tigre say to the Corporal about Makak before they escape?
(a) Makak is scaring him.
(b) Makak is muttering in his sleep.
(c) Makak is annoying him with his moaning.
(d) Makak is getting ready to break free.
4. What does Makak ask the Woman in White?
(a) Why he can't go home.
(b) Why he must be tortured.
(c) Why she is so scary.
(d) Why she chose him.
5. What does Basil invoke to circle the Corporal?
(a) Imaginary animals.
(b) Threatening spirits.
(c) Dark clouds.
6. Who tells the Corporal that he has one minute to repent?
7. Who is hungry and uneasy when they arrive in the forest?
(a) The Corporal and the Inspector.
(b) The Woman and the Figure.
(c) Makak and Moustique.
(d) Tigre and Souris.
8. Where does the Corporal say he's returning to after he begs for forgiveness?
(a) The ocean.
(b) His childhood home.
(c) The market.
(d) The earth.
9. In the Epilogue, where does Makak say that he lives?
(a) In the heavens.
(b) Monkey Mountain.
(c) Under the earth.
10. Why doesn't Makak respond to the person who shouts for him to stop the fighting?
(a) He is going deaf.
(b) He is angry and ignores the person.
(c) He is too wrapped up in his vision.
(d) He is crying.
11. What does the Corporal say will happen if Makak kills the Woman in White?
(a) He will go to heaven.
(b) He will rule over the universe.
(c) He will be a spiritual leader.
(d) He will sleep in peace.
12. Who reads a list of people accused of being white?
(a) The Inspector.
(d) The Corporal.
13. What do Souris and Tigre tell the Corporal is their right to have?
14. Makak says that he and Tigre are what "in the mind of white men"?
(b) Brain cells.
(c) Black shadows.
15. Who comments that the sun is rising?
(b) The Corporal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Makak refuse to take the mask?
2. Who brings food for the prisoners?
3. What does Makak tell his companions will bring them peace?
4. What does Makak say is the ultimate darkness for all of them?
5. Who counts down the minutes until the Corporal begs for forgiveness?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)