|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Corporal take down when he realizes the prisoners are gone?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A spear.
(c) A bow and arrow.
(d) The flag.
2. What does the Chorus sing about as Makak and Moustique leave?
(a) Loving your neighbor.
(b) Loving all of God's creatures.
(c) Sweet chariots.
(d) Going to the father's kingdom.
3. Who is placed on a throne in Act 2, Scene 3?
(c) The Corporal.
4. Who taunts the Corporal after he begs for forgiveness?
5. Which of the following is not included on the list of people accused of being white?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) Mandrake the Magician.
(c) The Beatles.
6. Who demands his food angrily after Makak is let out of his cage?
7. Who reads a list of people accused of being white?
(a) The Inspector.
(d) The Corporal.
8. Why does someone tell Makak to hurry after Tigre's death?
(a) They need to win the race.
(b) They will be caught.
(c) They need to get home before dark.
(d) They have to continue their journey.
9. What does Makak go to find in the forest?
(a) Meat for dinner.
(b) Fresh water.
10. What is Makak's real name?
11. Who takes the Corporal's keys?
(c) No one.
12. Where does Makak say he is going at the end of the play?
(a) To his birthplace.
(d) To heaven.
13. Who bullies Makak into begging for food?
(c) The Corporal.
14. Who is dressed in robes and steps forward toward the throne?
(a) The Corporal.
15. What does Souris say to Makak when he leaves?
(a) "Walk with God."
(b) "You are the light of the world."
(c) "Rest in peace."
(d) "Peace be with you."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who convinces Makak to attack the Corporal?
2. What does Makak tell his companions will bring them peace?
3. Who picks up the Corporal's gun?
4. When the Corporal asks Souris and Tigre how Makak has behaved, what is their response?
5. What does Makak say he looked into to see his face when he was younger?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)