|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Makak refuse to take the mask?
(a) It is unclear.
(b) He doesn't trust the Corporal.
(c) He has more at home.
(d) He is afraid of germs.
2. Who taunts the Corporal after he begs for forgiveness?
3. Who shouts out that it is time for Makak to be enthroned?
(d) The Corporal.
4. Why does Makak name himself that name?
(a) He looks like a monkey.
(b) He is crazy.
(c) It sounds like nonsense.
(d) It rhymes with his mother's name.
5. Who makes a crude comment about Makak dreaming of white women?
(a) The Inspector.
(c) The Corporal.
6. What does Makak say he looked into to see his face when he was younger?
(a) A well.
(b) A rain barrel.
(c) A puddle.
(d) A pond.
7. What does the Corporal say overrules Roman law?
(b) Tribal law.
(d) Right and wrong.
8. What does Makak ask the Woman in White?
(a) Why he can't go home.
(b) Why she is so scary.
(c) Why she chose him.
(d) Why he must be tortured.
9. Who demands his food angrily after Makak is let out of his cage?
10. What does the Corporal say will happen if Makak kills the Woman in White?
(a) He will be a spiritual leader.
(b) He will sleep in peace.
(c) He will go to heaven.
(d) He will rule over the universe.
11. Why does Makak say he is lost in Act 2?
(a) Because he has lost his compass.
(b) It is unclear.
(c) Because he doesn't know what else to say.
(d) Because he is tired.
12. From whom does the Corporal beg forgiveness in Act 2?
(a) His family.
13. What does Tigre say to the Corporal about Makak before they escape?
(a) Makak is muttering in his sleep.
(b) Makak is getting ready to break free.
(c) Makak is annoying him with his moaning.
(d) Makak is scaring him.
14. What does Tigre say he sees when he looks into the fire?
(b) His childhood.
(c) A coffin.
(d) Black people in hell.
15. What does the Corporal hold up and asks Makak why he has it?
(a) A hairbrush.
(b) A deerskin.
(c) A mask.
(d) A Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who picks up Makak's spear?
2. By torturing Makak, who do Tigre and Souris suggest the Corporal is actually torturing?
3. Where does the Corporal say he is ready to embrace his heritage?
4. What is the Corporal wearing when he returns in the Epilogue?
5. Makak says that he and Tigre are what "in the mind of white men"?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)