|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Corporal say overrules Roman law?
(b) Right and wrong.
(d) Tribal law.
2. When the Corporal asks Souris and Tigre how Makak has behaved, what is their response?
(a) He has been sleeping and quiet.
(b) They say nothing.
(c) He is really aggressive.
(d) He is delirious.
3. What does the Corporal do after the prisoners escape?
(a) He calls the police.
(b) He prays.
(c) He stands up.
(d) He runs after them immediately.
4. What does the Chorus say should happen to the accused?
(a) They should be pardoned.
(b) They should be stoned.
(c) They should be hanged.
(d) They should beg for forgiveness.
5. What does Makak say he looked into to see his face when he was younger?
(a) A rain barrel.
(b) A pond.
(c) A well.
(d) A puddle.
6. What does Souris say to Makak when he leaves?
(a) "You are the light of the world."
(b) "Rest in peace."
(c) "Peace be with you."
(d) "Walk with God."
7. What does Souris make and put on Makak's head?
(a) A dunce cap.
(b) A wig.
(c) A mask.
(d) A crown of thorns.
8. Who calls for Moustique to be taken away?
(a) The Chorus.
(c) The Corporal.
(d) No one.
9. Why doesn't Makak respond to the person who shouts for him to stop the fighting?
(a) He is too wrapped up in his vision.
(b) He is angry and ignores the person.
(c) He is crying.
(d) He is going deaf.
10. What does Basil invoke to circle the Corporal?
(a) Imaginary animals.
(c) Threatening spirits.
(d) Dark clouds.
11. Who is brought out after Moustique is taken away?
(b) The Woman in White.
(c) The Figure.
12. Who is dressed in robes and steps forward toward the throne?
(a) The Corporal.
13. What do Souris and Tigre tell the Corporal is their right to have?
14. Why is Makak in jail?
(a) He was disruptive at the market.
(b) He claimed to be the savior of the world.
(c) He stole some things from a fruit stand.
(d) He shot a man.
15. Who reads a list of people accused of being white?
(a) The Inspector.
(d) The Corporal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tigre say to the Corporal about Makak before they escape?
2. In the Epilogue, where does Makak say that he lives?
3. Who protests that he wants "real food"?
4. Who shouts for Makak to stop the fighting?
5. Who is placed on a throne in Act 2, Scene 3?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)