|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refuses to tie up the Corporal?
2. Who brings food for the prisoners?
(c) The Corporal.
3. What does the Corporal say overrules Roman law?
(b) Right and wrong.
(c) Tribal law.
4. Why is Makak in jail?
(a) He stole some things from a fruit stand.
(b) He was disruptive at the market.
(c) He claimed to be the savior of the world.
(d) He shot a man.
5. Who is brought out after Moustique is taken away?
(a) The Woman in White.
(d) The Figure.
6. What law does the Corporal tell the prisoners he is there to fulfill?
(a) The Christian law.
(b) The Roman law.
(c) The white man law.
(d) The spiritual law.
7. What does Makak go to find in the forest?
(b) Meat for dinner.
(c) Fresh water.
8. Who tells Makak to hurry after Tigre's death?
(a) The Corporal.
(b) The Figure.
9. Why does Tigre say Makak will be set free?
(a) Because he is funny.
(b) Because he is psychotic.
(c) Because he is cute and sweet.
(d) Because he is old, ugly, and crazy.
10. What does the Corporal take down when he realizes the prisoners are gone?
(a) A spear.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A bow and arrow.
(d) The flag.
11. What does Makak realize when he saw his reflection?
(a) How meaningless life is.
(b) How he will go on to do great things.
(c) How he dislikes water.
(d) How much he hates himself.
12. Who emerges from the shadows after the Corporal begs for forgiveness?
(b) The Woman.
13. What does the Corporal do after the prisoners escape?
(a) He calls the police.
(b) He prays.
(c) He stands up.
(d) He runs after them immediately.
14. What is the Corporal wearing when he returns in the Epilogue?
(b) His uniform.
(d) A crown of thorns.
15. What appears on the stage at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) The interior of a cave.
(b) A forest.
(c) Monkeys and giraffes.
(d) Statues and decorations.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the Corporal, what is the worst crime a native can commit?
2. Who picks up the Corporal's gun?
3. What does Makak say quietly during the celebration?
4. Where does Moustique say Makak belongs?
5. Who sees someone coming toward the campfire?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)