|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Moustique tell Makak he has gone mad?
(a) Because his father was mad.
(b) Because he can't hold it in any longer.
(c) Because of his hatred.
(d) Because he is a crazy ape.
2. What does Makak ask the Woman in White?
(a) Why she is so scary.
(b) Why she chose him.
(c) Why he must be tortured.
(d) Why he can't go home.
3. Who protests that he wants "real food"?
(c) The Corporal.
4. What does Tigre say to the Corporal about Makak before they escape?
(a) Makak is annoying him with his moaning.
(b) Makak is scaring him.
(c) Makak is muttering in his sleep.
(d) Makak is getting ready to break free.
5. Who is brought out after Moustique is taken away?
(c) The Figure.
(d) The Woman in White.
6. Who is hungry and uneasy when they arrive in the forest?
(a) Makak and Moustique.
(b) The Corporal and the Inspector.
(c) Tigre and Souris.
(d) The Woman and the Figure.
7. What does Makak go to find in the forest?
(b) Fresh water.
(c) Meat for dinner.
8. Who makes a crude comment about Makak dreaming of white women?
(b) The Corporal.
(d) The Inspector.
9. What weapon does Makak have in the prison?
(a) A gun.
(b) A knife.
(c) A sharp stick.
(d) A piece of string.
10. Where does Moustique say he went looking for Makak?
(a) The mountain.
(b) The forests.
(d) The church.
11. By torturing Makak, who do Tigre and Souris suggest the Corporal is actually torturing?
(a) His grandfather.
(c) His father.
(d) His son.
12. Why does Tigre say Makak will be set free?
(a) Because he is psychotic.
(b) Because he is old, ugly, and crazy.
(c) Because he is cute and sweet.
(d) Because he is funny.
13. Who sees someone coming toward the campfire?
(d) No one.
14. Who shouts for Makak to stop the fighting?
(a) The Corporal.
(c) The Woman.
15. What does Makak say quietly during the celebration?
(a) That his father's will be done.
(b) That he is only a shadow.
(c) That he wishes he were dead.
(d) That he is reborn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Corporal say he's returning to after he begs for forgiveness?
2. Who cries out that he has "killed and tasted blood"?
3. Who does Makak try to bribe by saying he has money?
4. What law does the Corporal tell the prisoners he is there to fulfill?
5. Why is Makak in jail?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)