|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Makak tell his companions will bring them peace?
(d) A plant they can smoke.
2. What does Makak say quietly during the celebration?
(a) That he is reborn.
(b) That his father's will be done.
(c) That he wishes he were dead.
(d) That he is only a shadow.
3. What does Souris make and put on Makak's head?
(a) A mask.
(b) A wig.
(c) A dunce cap.
(d) A crown of thorns.
4. Who tells Makak he will need money to buy a boat and supplies?
(d) The Woman.
5. Who stabs the Corporal?
(d) It is unclear.
6. Who does Makak try to bribe by saying he has money?
(a) The Corporal.
(b) The Peasant.
(d) The Inspector.
7. Who is brought out after Moustique is taken away?
(b) The Woman in White.
(c) The Figure.
8. What does the Corporal accuse Moustique of doing?
(a) Disobeying his ruler.
(b) Betraying Makak's dream.
(c) Stealing from the poor.
(d) Causing a ruckus in the market.
9. Why does Makak name himself that name?
(a) It sounds like nonsense.
(b) He looks like a monkey.
(c) He is crazy.
(d) It rhymes with his mother's name.
10. Which character thinks of Africa as a place of darkness?
(b) The Corporal.
11. Where does Moustique say Makak belongs?
(a) With the sinners.
(b) In heaven.
(c) With the earth.
(d) At home.
12. Who does the Corporal tell to hide Tigre's body?
(a) No one.
13. What does the Corporal do after the prisoners escape?
(a) He prays.
(b) He runs after them immediately.
(c) He stands up.
(d) He calls the police.
14. What do Souris and Tigre tell the Corporal about Makak?
(a) He is really quiet.
(b) He likes to read.
(c) He is the savior of the world.
(d) He is delirious.
15. Why doesn't Makak respond to the person who shouts for him to stop the fighting?
(a) He is too wrapped up in his vision.
(b) He is angry and ignores the person.
(c) He is crying.
(d) He is going deaf.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Makak say is the ultimate darkness for all of them?
2. Who taunts the Corporal after he begs for forgiveness?
3. Who calls for Moustique to be taken away?
4. What does Makak realize when he saw his reflection?
5. Why does someone tell Makak to hurry after Tigre's death?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)