|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Makak go to find in the forest?
(c) Meat for dinner.
(d) Fresh water.
2. What does Souris make and put on Makak's head?
(a) A dunce cap.
(b) A mask.
(c) A crown of thorns.
(d) A wig.
3. Whom does Makak ask for after he is let out of the cage?
(b) His son.
4. Why does Makak name himself that name?
(a) He looks like a monkey.
(b) He is crazy.
(c) It sounds like nonsense.
(d) It rhymes with his mother's name.
5. What weapon does Makak have in the prison?
(a) A piece of string.
(b) A sharp stick.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
6. Which character thinks of Africa as a place to find joy?
(c) The Corporal.
7. To whom does Moustique apologize?
(c) The Woman.
(d) The Corporal.
8. In the Epilogue, where does Makak say that he lives?
(b) Monkey Mountain.
(c) Under the earth.
(d) In the heavens.
9. What is the Corporal wearing when he returns in the Epilogue?
(a) His uniform.
(d) A crown of thorns.
10. Who comments that the sun is rising?
(c) The Corporal.
11. What does the Corporal take down when he realizes the prisoners are gone?
(a) A spear.
(b) A rifle.
(c) A bow and arrow.
(d) The flag.
12. Why does the Corporal leave the prison?
(a) To get more food.
(b) To tell others about Makak.
(c) To go to church.
(d) To get some fresh air.
13. What does Tigre say to the Corporal about Makak before they escape?
(a) Makak is getting ready to break free.
(b) Makak is muttering in his sleep.
(c) Makak is scaring him.
(d) Makak is annoying him with his moaning.
14. Who takes the Corporal's keys?
(a) No one.
15. What does Makak ask the Woman in White?
(a) Why he must be tortured.
(b) Why she is so scary.
(c) Why she chose him.
(d) Why he can't go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Makak say he is lost in Act 2?
2. What does the Chorus sing about as Makak and Moustique leave?
3. Who taunts the Corporal after he begs for forgiveness?
4. Who convinces Makak to attack the Corporal?
5. Who emerges from the shadows after the Corporal begs for forgiveness?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)