|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tigre say he sees when he looks into the fire?
(a) Black people in hell.
(b) A coffin.
(d) His childhood.
2. What does Makak say quietly during the celebration?
(a) That his father's will be done.
(b) That he is only a shadow.
(c) That he is reborn.
(d) That he wishes he were dead.
3. Who makes a crude comment about Makak dreaming of white women?
(b) The Inspector.
(d) The Corporal.
4. What does the Chorus sing about as Makak and Moustique leave?
(a) Loving your neighbor.
(b) Sweet chariots.
(c) Going to the father's kingdom.
(d) Loving all of God's creatures.
5. Who eventually kills Tigre?
(c) The Corporal.
6. Why does Makak say he is lost in Act 2?
(a) It is unclear.
(b) Because he is tired.
(c) Because he has lost his compass.
(d) Because he doesn't know what else to say.
7. Who counts down the minutes until the Corporal begs for forgiveness?
(d) No one.
8. What does the Corporal hold up and asks Makak why he has it?
(a) A deerskin.
(b) A Bible.
(c) A mask.
(d) A hairbrush.
9. Who tells Makak he will need money to buy a boat and supplies?
(b) The Woman.
10. What is the Corporal wearing when he returns in the Epilogue?
(c) A crown of thorns.
(d) His uniform.
11. Why does the Corporal allow Makak to return home?
(a) Makak begs for his forgiveness.
(b) This is Makak's first offense.
(c) He thinks Makak was set up.
(d) Makak has a family to care for.
12. Why is Makak in jail?
(a) He shot a man.
(b) He claimed to be the savior of the world.
(c) He stole some things from a fruit stand.
(d) He was disruptive at the market.
13. What does the Corporal do after the prisoners escape?
(a) He calls the police.
(b) He runs after them immediately.
(c) He prays.
(d) He stands up.
14. By torturing Makak, who do Tigre and Souris suggest the Corporal is actually torturing?
(b) His son.
(c) His father.
(d) His grandfather.
15. Who brings back a chicken and vegetables?
(b) The Corporal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Souris and Tigre tell the Corporal is their right to have?
2. Where does the Corporal say he is ready to embrace his heritage?
3. Who is brought out after Moustique is taken away?
4. Why does Tigre say Makak will be set free?
5. Why does the Corporal leave the prison?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)