|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Corporal do after the prisoners escape?
(a) He runs after them immediately.
(b) He calls the police.
(c) He prays.
(d) He stands up.
2. Why does the Corporal allow Makak to return home?
(a) He thinks Makak was set up.
(b) This is Makak's first offense.
(c) Makak begs for his forgiveness.
(d) Makak has a family to care for.
3. When the Corporal asks Souris and Tigre how Makak has behaved, what is their response?
(a) They say nothing.
(b) He is delirious.
(c) He is really aggressive.
(d) He has been sleeping and quiet.
4. Who shouts out that it is time for Makak to be enthroned?
(c) The Corporal.
5. What is the Corporal wearing when he returns in the Epilogue?
(b) His uniform.
(c) A crown of thorns.
6. What does Basil invoke to circle the Corporal?
(a) Dark clouds.
(b) Threatening spirits.
(c) Imaginary animals.
7. Who does Makak imagine is fighting each other?
(a) The tribes of humanity.
(b) Lions and tigers.
(c) Cowboys and Indians.
(d) Blacks and whites.
8. What does Tigre say he sees when he looks into the fire?
(a) His childhood.
(b) A coffin.
(c) Black people in hell.
9. Makak says that he and Tigre are what "in the mind of white men"?
(a) Black shadows.
(c) Brain cells.
10. Why does someone tell Makak to hurry after Tigre's death?
(a) They will be caught.
(b) They need to get home before dark.
(c) They need to win the race.
(d) They have to continue their journey.
11. Why does Moustique tell Makak he has gone mad?
(a) Because he is a crazy ape.
(b) Because his father was mad.
(c) Because of his hatred.
(d) Because he can't hold it in any longer.
12. Who tells Makak to hurry after Tigre's death?
(a) The Corporal.
(b) The Figure.
13. Who brings back a chicken and vegetables?
(d) The Corporal.
14. What does the Corporal say will happen if Makak kills the Woman in White?
(a) He will be a spiritual leader.
(b) He will sleep in peace.
(c) He will go to heaven.
(d) He will rule over the universe.
15. Who does Makak refer to as the "Carpenter"?
(b) The Corporal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is hungry and uneasy when they arrive in the forest?
2. Who calls for Moustique to be taken away?
3. Whom does Makak ask for after he is let out of the cage?
4. What does the Corporal accuse Moustique of doing?
5. Who does the Corporal tell to hide Tigre's body?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)