|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Makak go out to get while Moustique puts the cooking supplies away?
2. What does the Corporal pull out of Makak's bag?
(a) Rum and a mask.
(b) A Bible.
(d) A crystal ball.
3. What happens after Makak is told he can continue with his story?
(a) A spirit runs across the stage.
(b) The scene changes.
(c) Makak faints.
4. Who does Makak say are the Peasants' worst enemies?
(a) Evil spirits.
(b) Members of a rival tribe.
(c) Their dead fathers.
5. Who runs onstage at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
(b) Souris and Tigre.
(d) A group of women.
6. When he is talking to Moustique, what does Makak say the Woman in White called him?
(d) His real name.
7. What does the Figure do when it comes onto the stage?
(a) Dances on top of a cage.
(b) Threatens the dancer with a sword.
(c) Points to the audience.
(d) Stands behind the dancer.
8. What race is the Corporal?
9. What is lying on the ground near Makak in Scene 1?
(a) A flower.
(b) A dog.
(d) The white mask.
10. What object is sitting in the middle of the stage at the beginning of the Prologue?
(a) A chair.
(b) A guitar.
(c) A drum.
(d) A coffee table.
11. What does the Corporal allow each man to drink?
12. What instrument plays in the background after Makak falls to the ground?
13. Who tells Makak to continue his story after Makak falls to his knees?
(a) The Woman.
(d) The Corporal.
14. What does the family in the market discuss?
(a) Makak's miracles.
(b) The Corporal's outfit.
(c) The weather.
(d) Easter Sunday.
15. Who pretends to be Makak?
(c) The Inspector.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moustique accuse Makak of?
2. What does the chorus sing about in the Prologue?
3. What is the name of the formally dressed Figure from the Prologue?
4. Who denounces the person pretending to be Makak to the crowd?
5. What does Makak narrate in his long speech during the Prologue?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)