|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Moustique laugh after Basil leaves?
(a) Because Basil falls down.
(b) Because Moustique wants to distract someone.
(c) Because Moustique is remembering an old joke.
(d) Because Moustique is still alive.
2. What does Makak call Moustique when Moustique gets in his way?
(a) An insect.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A fool.
(d) An idiot.
3. Who does the Corporal say he really thinks Makak is?
(a) The savior of the world.
(b) His son.
(c) A magician.
(d) Someone who got tired of being poor.
4. What happens after Makak is told he can continue with his story?
(b) The scene changes.
(c) A spirit runs across the stage.
(d) Makak faints.
5. Who does the crowd beat to death?
(c) The Inspector.
(d) The Corporal.
6. Moustique says he might be worried if Basil was a what?
7. Why does the Corporal say he let the beating continue?
(a) He felt sorry for the crowd.
(b) He wasn't hurting.
(c) He wanted to look like a man.
(d) He didn't want to get killed.
8. Who claims that Makak, unlike white men, is not helpless in the face of illness?
(a) The Peasants.
(b) The Corporal.
9. Who tells Makak to continue his story after Makak falls to his knees?
(a) The Corporal.
(c) The Woman.
10. What is the name of the formally dressed Figure from the Prologue?
11. Who takes Basil's hat?
(a) The sick man.
(b) The Woman.
12. What does the Corporal toss at Tigre and Souris to wear as judges' robes?
(c) Banana leaves.
13. What animal does the chorus allude to in the Prologue?
14. Why does Moustique become angry with Makak?
(a) Because he does not have the same power as Makak.
(b) Because the sick man does not respond to Makak's prayers.
(c) Because Makak will not answer his questions.
(d) Because Makak takes his food.
15. What is the Market Inspector's real name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What bites Moustique as he reaches under a bench?
2. What does the Corporal call Tigre and Souris?
3. What does the disc the Figure holds represent?
4. What disappears as Makak begins his monologue in the Prologue?
5. What does the Figure do when it comes onto the stage?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)