|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Makak go out to get while Moustique puts the cooking supplies away?
2. What happens after Makak is told he can continue with his story?
(a) The scene changes.
(b) Makak faints.
(c) A spirit runs across the stage.
3. What does Makak envision walking along the road?
(a) A horse.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A woman.
4. Who comes to sit beside the object on the stage?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A professor.
(c) A musician.
(d) A dancer.
5. What does Makak say about Moustique being bitten by the thing?
(a) It is an ill omen.
(b) It is good luck.
(c) It shows that Moustique is human.
(d) It is God's warning.
6. What does the person pretending to be Makak see in the water bowl?
(a) His future.
(b) A spider.
(c) A baby snake.
(d) His face.
7. Basil makes cabinets and what else?
8. Who does the crowd beat to death?
(a) The Corporal.
(c) The Inspector.
9. What bites Moustique as he reaches under a bench?
(a) A rabid dog.
(b) A raccoon.
(c) A snake.
(d) A spider.
10. Who is Makak sitting with on the ground after the scene changes from the prison?
(a) No one.
(b) His son.
(d) His father.
11. What does the Figure do when it comes onto the stage?
(a) Points to the audience.
(b) Stands behind the dancer.
(c) Dances on top of a cage.
(d) Threatens the dancer with a sword.
12. Where does Makak ask to be sent?
(a) Back to the bar.
(b) To the store.
(c) To heaven.
13. Who does Makak say appeared to him on Monkey Mountain?
(a) His grandfather.
(b) The Corporal.
(d) His future son.
14. What does Moustique tell Makak the woman wants him to sell?
(d) His soul.
15. Who takes Basil's hat?
(c) The sick man.
(d) The Woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Moustique say he and Makak are outcasts?
2. What does the disc the Figure holds represent?
3. Who greets one of the Peasants?
4. What animal does the chorus allude to in the Prologue?
5. How does the Corporal jokingly identify the third man in the cage to Souris?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)