|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2 Scene 2 Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Figure do when it comes onto the stage?
(a) Points to the audience.
(b) Threatens the dancer with a sword.
(c) Dances on top of a cage.
(d) Stands behind the dancer.
2. According to the Corporal, what is the worst crime a native can commit?
(b) Escaping from prison.
(c) Sinning against a brother.
3. Who does Makak say are the Peasants' worst enemies?
(b) Members of a rival tribe.
(c) Their dead fathers.
(d) Evil spirits.
4. What does Makak narrate in his long speech during the Prologue?
(a) His birth.
(c) His journey toward becoming a Christian.
(d) His spiritual ecstasy.
5. Who is Makak sitting with on the ground after the scene changes from the prison?
(a) No one.
(c) His son.
(d) His father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument plays in the background after Makak falls to the ground?
2. Why does Makak say he has become mad?
3. Who cries out that he has "killed and tasted blood"?
4. Basil makes cabinets and what else?
5. What language does Makak use to respond to the Corporal?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)