|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1 Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Makak say he has become mad?
(a) Spirits talk to him.
(b) It is in his genes.
(c) He can never sleep.
(d) He is taking medication.
2. What does the man on the stretcher need to do to break his fever?
(b) Eat ice.
(c) Wrap his head in towels.
(d) Take a hot bath.
3. How does the Corporal jokingly identify the third man in the cage to Souris?
(a) The savior of the world.
(b) His son.
(c) His father.
(d) The king of Africa.
4. Who tells the Biblical story of creation in the prison?
(a) The Corporal.
5. What does Moustique tell Makak the woman wants him to sell?
(c) His soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs onstage at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does the Figure do when it comes onto the stage?
3. What does the Woman tell Makak about his family?
4. What does the Corporal allow each man to drink?
5. What does Moustique make over the fire?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)