|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1 Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why don't the Corporal or the other characters see the woman along the road?
(a) She is camouflaged.
(b) They have vision problems.
(c) It is unclear.
(d) She is a ghost.
2. What are the men carrying who follow the group onstage?
(a) A throne.
(b) A cross.
(d) A stretcher.
3. Who brings water to the person pretending to be Makak?
(c) The Figure.
(d) A woman.
4. Who claims that Makak, unlike white men, is not helpless in the face of illness?
(a) The Corporal.
(d) The Peasants.
5. Why does Makak fall to his knees in the Prologue?
(a) He is begging for forgiveness.
(b) He is looking for something on the ground.
(c) He wants to pray.
(d) He has lost strength in his legs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Makak say he has become mad?
2. As the Corporal interrogates Makak, who begins to sing?
3. What does the person pretending to be Makak do with the water?
4. What does Moustique say he will give the Peasants in exchange?
5. Who comes to sit beside the object on the stage?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)