|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Figure do when it comes onto the stage?
(a) Stands behind the dancer.
(b) Points to the audience.
(c) Threatens the dancer with a sword.
(d) Dances on top of a cage.
2. Why does Makak fall to his knees in the Prologue?
(a) He is looking for something on the ground.
(b) He is begging for forgiveness.
(c) He has lost strength in his legs.
(d) He wants to pray.
3. What instrument plays in the background after Makak falls to the ground?
4. Why does Moustique say he and Makak are outcasts?
(a) They are black.
(b) They have no family.
(c) They are physically handicapped.
(d) They are poor.
5. What does Makak narrate in his long speech during the Prologue?
(a) His journey toward becoming a Christian.
(b) His spiritual ecstasy.
(d) His birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does the chorus allude to in the Prologue?
2. What does Moustique make over the fire?
3. What race is the Corporal?
4. Who speaks to Makak in his dream in the Prologue?
5. What does the Corporal call Tigre and Souris?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)