|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caitlin do when Cass calls and she answers?
2. What does Caitlin's mother get her to wear to their April Fool's Day party?
3. Why is Rogerson late to pick up Caitlin from photography class?
4. Based on fear that Rogerson will become jealous, who does Caitlin avoid talking to about a school project?
5. Who does Caitlin take a picture of for her photography class' "people series"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cass tell Caitlin in the letter that she sends her?
2. What does Caitlin reveal to Dr. Marshall about Cass?
3. What does Caitlin say when Rina tries to put together a girls' night out for them; and how does Rina react?
4. Describe the dream that Caitlin has the night that Rogerson slaps her, and explain the significance of Cass in the dream
5. What final surprise does Caitlin's mother have for her at Boo and Stewart's house?
6. Where does Caitlin go immediately after leaving the Evergreen Care Center?
7. How does Caitlin act when she is at the lake with Rina?
8. What do Rina and Caitlin talk about when Rina visits Caitlin at the Evergreen Care Center?
9. What does Caitlin mean when she describe the "If Onlys?"
10. Who does Caitlin cry for during her first few days at Evergreen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that explains the role that jealousy plays in this book. In your essay, explain how jealousy comes between Rogerson and Caitlin. Also identify Caitlin's relationship with other characters, and how jealousy is a part of those relationships.
Essay Topic 2
How has Caitlin changed from the beginning of the book until the end? Describe the changes that she faces, and the people and events who affect those changes. Explain why Caitlin is most happy with herself at the end of the book.
Essay Topic 3
How does Rogerson change from the time when his character is first introduced until his arrest? In your essay, identify several of Rogerson's character traits, and provide text to support each trait. Describe Rogerson's treatment of Caitlin at the beginning and the end of their relationship.
This section contains 1,561 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)