|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Corrina and Dave arguing about when Caitlin stops by after school?
2. Whose help does Mr. O'Koren get to set up the tent?
3. What does Caitlin do with the self-portrait that she took in photography class?
4. Who is NOT someone Caitlin says she cries for while at treatment?
5. Which of the following is not a part of Caitlin's system of checks and balances upon leaving Evergreen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caitlin think when she dreams of Rogerson during her stay at the Evergreen Care Center?
2. What do Matthew and Caitlin talk about after class, and how does Rogerson react?
3. What does Caitlin reveal to Dr. Marshall about Cass?
4. How does Caitlin act when she is at the lake with Rina?
5. What does Caitlin immediately do when Rina arrives at her house to "kidnap" her and take her to the lake?
6. What are Corinna and Dave arguing about when Caitlin goes over to their house?
7. What analogy does Caitlin reference to describe how she felt during her relationship with Rogerson and how she feels now?
8. What does Caitlin's mother reveal to her during one of her visits to the Evergreen Care Center?
9. Why does Caitlin go to the Evergreen Care Center?
10. What does Caitlin mean when she describe the "If Onlys?"
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that defines Cass' role in Caitlin's story. What impact does Cass have on her family? How might the story change if Cass were never to leave home? Use supporting text for your thoughts, and describe how Cass affects Caitlin's self-image.
Essay Topic 2
How does Rogerson change from the time when his character is first introduced until his arrest? In your essay, identify several of Rogerson's character traits, and provide text to support each trait. Describe Rogerson's treatment of Caitlin at the beginning and the end of their relationship.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the feelings between Rogerson and Caitlin's friends. Explain how Rogerson's feelings about Caitlin's friends affect her relationship with them. Also, provide supporting text to explain how Caitlin's friends try warn Caitlin about Rogerson.
This section contains 1,443 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)