|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rogerson say to Caitlin when he hits her in the car following their argument about Matthew?
2. What does Rogerson accuse Caitlin of having done after he picks her up from photography class?
3. Who does Caitlin not mention when thinking about the "If Onlys?"
4. Where is Rogerson performing community service?
5. How long does Caitlin cry when she first gets to the Evergreen Care Center?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caitlin reveal to Dr. Marshall about Cass?
2. Where does Caitlin go immediately after leaving the Evergreen Care Center?
3. What does Caitlin's mother reveal to her during one of her visits to the Evergreen Care Center?
4. What does Caitlin think when she dreams of Rogerson during her stay at the Evergreen Care Center?
5. What analogy does Caitlin reference to describe how she felt during her relationship with Rogerson and how she feels now?
6. What do Caitlin and her mother talk about the on the Friday before the O'Koren's April Fool's Day party?
7. What does Caitlin immediately do when Rina arrives at her house to "kidnap" her and take her to the lake?
8. What do Matthew and Caitlin talk about after class, and how does Rogerson react?
9. What happens between Caitlin and Rogerson on New Year's Eve?
10. How have Caitlin's feelings about her relationship with Rogerson changed since he hit her on New Year's Eve?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that defines Cass' role in Caitlin's story. What impact does Cass have on her family? How might the story change if Cass were never to leave home? Use supporting text for your thoughts, and describe how Cass affects Caitlin's self-image.
Essay Topic 2
Describe Cass' role in Caitlin's life. Explain how Cass is important in affecting Caitlin's decisions and relationships with people, even though she is not there. Describe how Cass' absence affects Caitlin's parents and creates a void in their family and the connection that Cass has to Caitlin's relationship with Rogerson.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that describes the relationship between Caitlin and Rogerson. Explain how that relationship has changed from the beginning to the end of the story. Explain how said relationship changed Caitlin and Rogerson as individuals. Describe the role that abuse plays in that relationship.
This section contains 1,543 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)