|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caitlin call her sister in a therapy session with Dr. Marshall?
2. What does Mr. O'Koren always take with him when he visits Caitlin at Evergreen?
3. What does Caitlin see when she dreams of Rogerson?
4. What item does Mrs. O'Koren take from home to Caitlin?
5. How long does Caitlin cry when she first gets to the Evergreen Care Center?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Caitlin go immediately after leaving the Evergreen Care Center?
2. How is Caitlin doing in school once Rogerson begins abusing her?
3. What does Caitlin immediately do when Rina arrives at her house to "kidnap" her and take her to the lake?
4. What analogy does Caitlin reference to describe how she felt during her relationship with Rogerson and how she feels now?
5. What are Corinna and Dave arguing about when Caitlin goes over to their house?
6. Why does Caitlin go to the Evergreen Care Center?
7. Why does Caitlin ask Rina to go to Corrina's house before going to the lake?
8. What do Matthew and Caitlin talk about after class, and how does Rogerson react?
9. What does Caitlin's mother reveal to her during one of her visits to the Evergreen Care Center?
10. How does Caitlin cope with her feelings immediately after Rogerson hits her for the first time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Cass' role in Caitlin's life. Explain how Cass is important in affecting Caitlin's decisions and relationships with people, even though she is not there. Describe how Cass' absence affects Caitlin's parents and creates a void in their family and the connection that Cass has to Caitlin's relationship with Rogerson.
Essay Topic 2
How has Caitlin changed from the beginning of the book until the end? Describe the changes that she faces, and the people and events who affect those changes. Explain why Caitlin is most happy with herself at the end of the book.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay that defines Cass' role in Caitlin's story. What impact does Cass have on her family? How might the story change if Cass were never to leave home? Use supporting text for your thoughts, and describe how Cass affects Caitlin's self-image.
This section contains 1,401 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)