|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following issues is Caitlin's roommate being treated for at Evergreen?
2. What does Caitlin want to say to her mother after she rescues her from Rogerson?
3. What does Mr. O'Koren always take with him when he visits Caitlin at Evergreen?
4. What are Corrina and Dave arguing about when Caitlin stops by after school?
5. What does Caitlin cite as the worst dreams about Rogerson?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Caitlin cope with her feelings immediately after Rogerson hits her for the first time?
2. How does Caitlin act when she is at the lake with Rina?
3. What does Cass tell Caitlin in the letter that she sends her?
4. What does Caitlin mean when she describe the "If Onlys?"
5. What does Caitlin's mother reveal to her during one of her visits to the Evergreen Care Center?
6. What are Corinna and Dave arguing about when Caitlin goes over to their house?
7. Who does Caitlin cry for during her first few days at Evergreen?
8. What does Rina tell Caitlin has happened to Rogerson following his arrest?
9. Caitlin says about Rogerson: "It was funny. What I loved most about Rogerson was that he took me to a place so far from anywhere Cass had been." What does she mean by that statement?
10. What happens between Caitlin and Rogerson on New Year's Eve?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Rogerson and Caitlin's relationship affects their relationship with other people. Identify several characters in the book who were affected by that relationship. Include a discussion of how each of those characters feel about Caitlin and Rogerson's relationship in the beginning, middle, and end of its tenure.
Essay Topic 2
How has Caitlin's relationship with Rina changed since the beginning of the book? Describe the role that Caitlin's relationship with Rogerson has in affecting her relationship with Rina. Explain how Rina feels about Rogerson in the beginning of his relationship with Caitlin, and how and why those feelings change.
Essay Topic 3
How has Caitlin changed from the beginning of the book until the end? Describe the changes that she faces, and the people and events who affect those changes. Explain why Caitlin is most happy with herself at the end of the book.
This section contains 1,466 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)