|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long are Caitlin and Rogerson a couple before she introduces him to her parents?
2. What does Caitlin think about to get her mind off the fact that Rogerson just hit her?
3. What does Mrs. O'Koren keep on Cass' bed?
4. What time does Caitlin get home after comforting Rina when Jeff breaks up with her?
5. Who suggests that Margaret O'Koren name her first born Cassandra?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the reader know that Cass and Caitlin have a close relationship?
2. Describe Cass' first phone call to her parents.
3. How does Caitlin's mother feel about her making the cheer leading squad?
4. Why is Margaret O'Koren taking Cass' running away the hardest?
5. What do Caitlin and Rogerson do at Corrina and Dave's house?
6. How does Caitlin feel about herself when she is with Rogerson?
7. What do Caitlin and Boo discuss about Cass and her disappearance?
8. Why does Rogerson take Caitlin to a party with kids from his school?
9. How does Rogerson act toward Caitlin after he hits her for the first time?
10. How is Caitlin preoccupied with Rogerson when she meets up with a distraught Rina?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay that explains the role that jealousy plays in this book. In your essay, explain how jealousy comes between Rogerson and Caitlin. Also identify Caitlin's relationship with other characters, and how jealousy is a part of those relationships.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the role that abuse plays in this book. Explain Rogerson's relationship with his father and his relationship with Caitlin. Include a discussion of how the relationship between Caitlin and Rogerson is affected by his relationship with his father and her relationship with her parents.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Caitlin changes once she begins dating Rogerson. Describe Caitlin in the beginning of the book, and compare that behavior to that while she is dating Rogerson. Provide supporting text to describe her school work, social life, and the choices that she makes under Rogerson's influence.
This section contains 1,419 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)