|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes Boo and Stuart's outlook on life?
2. What does Caitlin call Mike when she and Rina are at a party?
3. What does Mrs. O'Koren keep on Cass' bed?
4. What does Caitlin believe that her mother is using to replace Cass?
5. Where does Caitlin go after she leaves home the first time that Rogerson hits her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Caitlin discover about Rogerson and his performance in school?
2. How does Rogerson act toward Caitlin after he hits her for the first time?
3. What do Caitlin and Rogerson talk about in the car after the cheer leading ceremony?
4. How does Rogerson's father react when he sees his son and Caitlin at the Biscoe house?
5. How does Rogerson behave at Caitlin's cheer leading ceremony?
6. Why does Rogerson take Caitlin to a party with kids from his school?
7. What do Caitlin and Corrina have in common?
8. How does the reader know that Cass and Caitlin have a close relationship?
9. How does Cass hurt Caitlin with a shovel in Commons Park?
10. Why is Rina so upset when Caitlin sees her driving?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what ways does Caitlin struggle with her own self-identify? Explain how Rogerson, Cass, and her parents affect her self-image. Use text from throughout the book to support your response, and include specific examples detailing how Caitlin felt about herself before and after her relationship with Rogerson.
Essay Topic 2
Explain how Rogerson and Caitlin's relationship affects their relationship with other people. Identify several characters in the book who were affected by that relationship. Include a discussion of how each of those characters feel about Caitlin and Rogerson's relationship in the beginning, middle, and end of its tenure.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the role that abuse plays in this book. Explain Rogerson's relationship with his father and his relationship with Caitlin. Include a discussion of how the relationship between Caitlin and Rogerson is affected by his relationship with his father and her relationship with her parents.
This section contains 1,289 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)