|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caitlin do when Cass calls and she answers?
(a) She makes small talk.
(b) She hands the phone to her mother.
(c) She does not say anything.
(d) She talks to her sister for hours.
2. Where does Rina want to take Caitlin when she shows up unannounced at her house?
(a) To Mike Evans' party.
(b) To Rogerson's house.
(c) To the lake.
(d) To the mall.
3. What does Mr. O'Koren always take with him when he visits Caitlin at Evergreen?
(a) A book.
(b) A crossword puzzle.
(d) The newspaper.
4. Who does Caitlin write to in her December 20th Dreamland journal entry?
5. What.does Rina fear when she visits Caitlin?
(a) That Caitlin is still talking to Rogerson.
(b) That Caitlin will blame her.
(c) That Caitlin will not see her.
(d) That Caitlin hates her.
6. What does Caitlin say that Cass would have done if a boy had hit her?
(a) Stay with him.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Hit back.
(d) Leave him.
7. Which of the following is NOT a manner in which Caitlin is physically different upon leaving the Evergreen Care Center?
(a) She has clear skin.
(b) She has longer hair.
(c) She is thinner.
(d) She is heavier.
8. How does Caitlin feel when she tries on the clothing that her mother has given her to wear to the April Fool's Day party?
(a) She feels unrecognizable.
(b) She feels silly.
(c) She feels ugly.
(d) She feels pretty.
9. Why is Rogerson upset with Caitlin on New Year's Eve?
(a) Caitlin goes to a party without him.
(b) He sees Caitlin talking to a boy.
(c) Caitlin ignores him all night.
(d) He sees that Caitlin is wearing a short skirt.
10. How many times does Caitlin read Cass' letter?
11. What does Caitlin cite as the worst dreams about Rogerson?
(a) The ones where he ignores her.
(b) The ones where he hits her.
(c) The ones where he yells at her.
(d) The ones he is not in at all.
12. Which of the following is not a part of Caitlin's system of checks and balances upon leaving Evergreen?
(a) Group therapy.
(b) Individual therapy.
(c) Family therapy.
(d) Therapy with Rogerson.
13. Where does Caitlin ask Rina to take her before they go out?
(a) Corrina's house.
(b) The library.
(c) Perkins Day School.
(d) Rogerson's house.
14. What time does Rogerson pick up Caitlin for lunch?
(a) 1:00 PM.
(b) 12:00 Noon.
(c) 11:30 AM.
(d) 12:30 PM.
15. What does Cass tell Caitlin that she admires about her in a letter?
(a) Caitlin is her parents' favorite.
(b) Caitlin is braver.
(c) Caitlin makes her own choices.
(d) Caitlin is smarter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is NOT in Caitlin's dream on the night that Rogerson's hits her for the second time?
2. What does Corrina say she is fearful of in her letter to Caitlin?
3. Whose help does Mr. O'Koren get to set up the tent?
4. What does Caitlin call her sister in a therapy session with Dr. Marshall?
5. Why is Caitlin glad that Cass does not call on Christmas?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)