|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who expresses love for the music of Lou Reed, Iggy Pop, and the Ramones?
2. In Imagining Winter: Enough Attitude, Lourdes reflects on rejecting the _____ lifestyle.
3. What does Pilar feel as she leans against the tree where she is attacked?
4. What does the elderly man at the botanica give Pilar?
5. Where is Pilar headed when she is surrounded by three young men?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lourdes prefer to do, rather than listen to Ivanito's dreams?
2. Why does Felicia pour lye on Graciela Moriera's scalp?
3. How does Lourdes respond to Pilar, when she wants to talk about her grandmother?
4. What does Jorge admit about his plan to break Celia by leaving her with his family?
5. What does Herminia tell Felicia seashells represent?
6. Why does Lourdes suggest Pilar move to Russia?
7. Why are the women in town attracted to Javier?
8. What academic activity does Celia say Javier has been involved with?
9. How does Celia respond to the religious attendees trying to soothe Felicia as she nears death?
10. How does Lourdes lose so much weight in Imagining Winter: A Matrix Light?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How do Celia's political views shape her parenting? How have Celia's children responded to her devotion to El Lider? How might her views influence her to stay in Cuba, rather than live in the U.S., where she could be closer to Pilar?
Essay Topic 2
How does Celia feel abandoned by in the novel? How do her feelings of abandonment affect her relationships? Who does Celia abandon in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
What significance does Ivanito leaving Cuba at the end of the novel have? Why doesn't Celia have a say in this decision? Why does Pilar choose not to share the decision with Celia when she has a chance?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)