|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Celia say curses her for taking Jorge away?
2. Who is the only person Lourdes feels she can talk to?
3. What does Celia find while searching through Felicia's old belongings?
4. Who does Celia say is rid from the country in her last letter?
5. After what event in 1978 does Felicia return to her best friend and the Yoruban religion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lourdes have a hard time punishing Pilar?
2. How does Felicia support Herminia when her son dies?
3. What does Herminia tell Felicia seashells represent?
4. Why does Ivanito run away from his teacher?
5. What academic activity does Celia say Javier has been involved with?
6. Why are the women in town attracted to Javier?
7. How does Lourdes lose so much weight in Imagining Winter: A Matrix Light?
8. What does Celia say Jorge is jealous about?
9. Why does Jorge say he left Cuba?
10. Why does Lourdes suggest Pilar move to Russia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Celia's religious beliefs? Does Celia belong to a religion? Why or why not? What experiences shape Celia's spiritual beliefs?
Essay Topic 2
How does Celia feel abandoned by in the novel? How do her feelings of abandonment affect her relationships? Who does Celia abandon in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Why must a sacrifice be made to Ellegua to give peace to Felicia and her father? What symbols of santeria are identified in Ordinary Seductions: Ocean Blue? What significance might the symbols have?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)