|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Felicia put in the cake icing?
2. What does Celia guard at the start of Ordinary Seductions: Ocean Blue?
3. What are the names of the fishing boats Celia sees?
4. Why does Celia feel Jorge betrays her?
5. What does Celia plan to do if she has a boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Celia worry about Ivanito's looks?
2. What commitment does Celia make after Jorge dies?
3. What does Felicia realize about her mother's attraction to El Lider?
4. Why must a goat be sacrificed to help Felicia?
5. According to rumors, why have yanquis ringed the island with nuclear poison?
6. What agreement for marriage do Jorge and Celia make?
7. How did Celia's husband destroy one of their dining room chairs?
8. Why does Celia say her father was murdered?
9. Under what condition does Celia tell Gustavo she will come find him?
10. What happens to Celia after her parents divorce?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Celia turn to santeria in order to save her son, Javier? Why does she denounce santeria when Felicia dies? Is Celia consistent with her religious beliefs? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
How is Felicia's attraction to darkness like her mother's? How is her attraction to darkness unlike her mother's? Why might they follow different spiritual paths, even though they are both drawn to darkness?
Essay Topic 3
Felicia is urged by her best friend to participate in the ritual with La Madrina. Why might she be reluctant to go? What does her behavior suggest about her faith? Does the loss of her father play a role in her lack of enthusiasm?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)