|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pilar feel as she leans against the tree where she is attacked?
(a) The presence of her ancestors.
(b) The warmth of the sun.
(c) The chill in the air.
(d) The pulse in the roots of the tree.
2. What does Celia report about Lourdes in her letter to Gustavo?
(a) Lourdes is going back to school.
(b) Lourdes is planning a vacation.
(c) Lourdes is seeing a new man.
(d) Lourdes is pregnant.
3. Who expresses love for the music of Lou Reed, Iggy Pop, and the Ramones?
(c) Rufino's mother.
4. In Imagining Winter: Daughters of Chango, Jorge begins to lose his time in _____.
(b) New York.
5. How many consecutive days does Pilar take herbal baths?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Celia contemplate, once spring arrives at the end of the story?
2. What does Celia find while searching through Felicia's old belongings?
3. In Imagining Winter: Enough Attitude, where does Lourdes suggest Pilar move to?
4. Felicia urges her new husband, Otto, to take her on a _____.
5. Where are the boys when Pilar opens her eyes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Herminia tell Felicia seashells represent?
2. How does Lourdes lose so much weight in Imagining Winter: A Matrix Light?
3. What does Lourdes prefer to do, rather than listen to Ivanito's dreams?
4. What does Herminia's father, a santera, use to answer his godchild's question?
5. Why does Felicia pour lye on Graciela Moriera's scalp?
6. Why does Celia believe Lourdes is punishing her?
7. Why does Lourdes suggest Pilar move to Russia?
8. What does Celia wonder about her relationship with Gustavo?
9. Why are the women in town attracted to Javier?
10. What does Pilar believe will help her understand Celia's sadness?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)