|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Imagining Winter: Daughters of Chango, what reason does Jorge give Lourdes for wanting to escape Celia?
(a) She tried to kill him.
(b) She was leaving him for Gustavo.
(c) He found another woman in New York.
(d) She thought only of the Revolution.
2. In Imagining Winter: Enough Attitude, what does Lourdes do on Tuesdays and Thursdays?
(a) She patrols the streets.
(b) She delivers doughnuts to the nuns.
(c) She sees a movie by herself.
(d) She has "date night" with Rufino.
3. What does Felicia sell in her new job?
4. What does Lourdes recall telling tourists, so they would buy her food?
(a) That her mother was dead.
(b) That it would bring them good luck.
(c) That she only had a year to live.
(d) That she was raising money for a church.
5. What kills Ernesto Brito?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) A fire.
(c) A car crash.
(d) A terminal disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Celia report about Lourdes in her letter to Gustavo?
2. When does Jorge realize he went too far in trying to break Celia?
3. Who has Lourdes's bakery become a meeting place for?
4. What does Felicia ask her new friend to do for her?
5. What does Pilar find in her mother's hosiery drawer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jorge force Javier to learn accounting when he is five-years old?
2. Why is Jorge enraged with Celia while he is on a business trip?
3. Why does Jorge say he left Cuba?
4. What does Celia say Jorge is jealous about?
5. How does Lourdes infuriate Pilar in Imagining Winter: A Matrix Light?
6. Why does Celia believe Lourdes is punishing her?
7. Why are the women in town attracted to Javier?
8. What causes Lourdes to swing her handbag at a man in her bakery?
9. What does Pilar believe will help her understand Celia's sadness?
10. What does Jorge say that causes Lourdes to fall to the ground and bleed?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)