|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who expresses love for the music of Lou Reed, Iggy Pop, and the Ramones?
(d) Rufino's mother.
2. Who returns the day after Felicia burns Graciela's scalp?
3. In Imagining Winter: Enough Attitude, what does Lourdes do on Tuesdays and Thursdays?
(a) She delivers doughnuts to the nuns.
(b) She sees a movie by herself.
(c) She patrols the streets.
(d) She has "date night" with Rufino.
4. In Imagining Winter: Baskets of Water, how does Ivanito learn English?
(a) From watching TV.
(b) Felicia teaches him.
(c) Tutoring from his teacher.
(d) From Jorge's textbooks.
5. What does Felicia's fortune show in Imagining Winter: God's Will?
(a) Fortune and fame.
(b) Imminent death.
(c) Lasting love.
(d) A daring adventure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who writes a letter to El Lider about Ernesto's death?
2. What divine object does Felicia become fascinated with in Imagining Winter: God's Will?
3. In Imagining Winter: God's Will, _____ initiates Felicia, and she is given the _____.
4. Why doesn't Celia have time to take care of Felicia?
5. What does Pilar believe with help her understand her grandmother?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Celia wonder about her relationship with Gustavo?
2. How does Lourdes respond when she eats the sugar cane in Cuba?
3. How does Celia respond to the religious attendees trying to soothe Felicia as she nears death?
4. How does Lourdes respond to Pilar, when she wants to talk about her grandmother?
5. What helps Pilar's life begin in Imagining Winter: A Matrix Light?
6. What does Herminia tell Felicia seashells represent?
7. Why does Jorge force Javier to learn accounting when he is five-years old?
8. Why does Ivanito run away from his teacher?
9. Why does Lourdes have a hard time punishing Pilar?
10. What does Jorge say that causes Lourdes to fall to the ground and bleed?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)