|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Celia describe the environment that her first child experiences in her womb?
2. What does Celia's mother do when she is young?
(a) Makes her cook dinner for the family.
(b) Abandons her on a train.
(c) Teaches her how to sew.
(d) Forces her to perform in the circus.
3. Who does Celia write letters to, from 1935-1940?
(a) El Lider.
4. What type of people does Celia say she relates to?
(a) Dead people.
(b) Wealthy people.
(c) Negative people.
(d) Religious people.
5. Who does Ivanito most resemble?
(a) His sisters.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Ordinary Seductions: The Fire Between Them, who does Felicia teach to dance?
2. What does Jorge say frightens him about Celia?
3. At what time does Lourdes go to the bakery to prepare pastries and doughs?
4. What smell is in the air when Celia runs to the beach?
5. Why do Lourdes and Rufino originally leave Cuba?
Short Essay Questions
1. What agreement for marriage do Jorge and Celia make?
2. How does Lourdes connect with her husband?
3. Why does Lourdes fire her new employee at the bakery?
4. What does Celia tell Gustavo she does when she hears Jorge has been in a terrible accident?
5. How does Rufino bond with his daughter Pilar?
6. What are Pilar's supernatural gifts?
7. Why does Jorge allow his sister and mother to terrorize Celia?
8. What is significant about Celia's son being born with a caul?
9. Why does Celia imply that the mental asylum is a refuge?
10. How does Lourdes respond when soldiers first come to the ranch where she and Rufino live?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)