|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Celia do when she leaves the asylum?
(a) She sacrifices a goat.
(b) She looks for a job.
(c) She buys a ticket to Spain.
(d) She vacations with her family.
2. What did a santera once see on Celia's palm?
(a) A rainbow.
(b) More children.
(c) A wet landscape.
3. How does Rufino explain the voices Lourdes hears?
(a) He says she is eating too much sugar.
(b) He says he made the voices, to play a practical joke.
(c) He says she is making it up to get attention.
(d) He says she is tired.
4. What does Luz recall her father's hands holding?
(a) The smallest threads.
5. What sport did El Lider excel at in his youth?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Celia agree to do if Gustavo does not respond to her letters?
2. What does Celia report in her final letter happens to Jorge?
3. Who comes to the ranch while Lourdes is pregnant with her second child?
4. What month and year do nearly 300 people come to the only movie theater in Santa Teresa del Mar for a civil trial?
5. Where does Felicia follow Hugo when they first meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jorge allow his sister and mother to terrorize Celia?
2. What does Felicia realize about her mother's attraction to El Lider?
3. Under what condition does Celia tell Gustavo she will come find him?
4. What does Ester Ugarte accuse Loli Regalado of in Imagining Winter: The Meaning of Shells?
5. When Celia's great aunt takes her to the santera, what prediction is made for Celia's life?
6. How does Lourdes connect with her husband?
7. Why does Lourdes fire her new employee at the bakery?
8. Why does Celia practice the smiles of her youth?
9. For what reason is Felicia is persuaded to participate in the Revolution?
10. How does Celia describe the environment that Lourdes was born in?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)