|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who soothes Felicia as her condition worsens?
2. What does Celia report in her final letter happens to Jorge?
(a) He is in a terrible accident.
(b) He has just received a job promotion.
(c) He is leaving her.
(d) He has started hearing voices.
3. How does Rufino explain the voices Lourdes hears?
(a) He says she is making it up to get attention.
(b) He says he made the voices, to play a practical joke.
(c) He says she is tired.
(d) He says she is eating too much sugar.
4. Why does Felicia volunteer in a camp at night?
(a) She has exceptional night vision.
(b) She is less likely to hurt herself at night.
(c) She home schools Ivanito during the day.
(d) She feels more comfortable at night.
5. Who checks Celia into a mental asylum?
(c) Jorge's sister and mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Celia recall talking to late at night before falling asleep?
2. When did Pilar leave her Abuela Celia?
3. Where does Pilar plan to travel?
4. Who is the judge during the civil trial?
5. How does Felicia try to kill Hugo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jorge allow his sister and mother to terrorize Celia?
2. What agreement for marriage do Jorge and Celia make?
3. For what reason is Felicia is persuaded to participate in the Revolution?
4. According to rumors, why have yanquis ringed the island with nuclear poison?
5. What does Felicia realize about her mother's attraction to El Lider?
6. How does Lourdes respond when soldiers first come to the ranch where she and Rufino live?
7. Why does Celia worry about Ivanito's looks?
8. What confuses Celia about her success as a judge in the town cases?
9. Why does Celia say her father was murdered?
10. How does Felicia attempt to kill her husband, Hugo?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)