|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rufino explain the voices Lourdes hears?
(a) He says she is eating too much sugar.
(b) He says she is making it up to get attention.
(c) He says she is tired.
(d) He says he made the voices, to play a practical joke.
2. Where is Felicia marching at the start of Imagining Winter: The Meaning of Shells?
(a) Sierra Maesta.
(b) Santiago de Cuba.
(c) Sagua La Grande.
3. What does Celia agree to do if Gustavo does not respond to her letters?
(a) She must visit Gustavo in person.
(b) She must contact Gustavo's wife.
(c) She must marry Jorge.
(d) She must let the santera set her up with someone new.
4. Who did Celia fall in love with before she met Jorge?
(b) El Lider.
5. What did a santera once see on Celia's palm?
(b) A wet landscape.
(c) A rainbow.
(d) More children.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Ordinary Seductions: The Fire Between Them, who does Felicia teach to dance?
2. Where is Ivanito living in Imagining Winter: The Meaning of Shells?
3. What sport did El Lider excel at in his youth?
4. What does Felicia put in the cake icing?
5. What does Celia do on the 11th of every month for 25 years?
Short Essay Questions
1. What confuses Celia about her success as a judge in the town cases?
2. Why does Jorge allow his sister and mother to terrorize Celia?
3. Why does Celia name her son after her father?
4. What agreement for marriage do Jorge and Celia make?
5. How does Felicia attempt to kill her husband, Hugo?
6. For what reason is Felicia is persuaded to participate in the Revolution?
7. When Celia's great aunt takes her to the santera, what prediction is made for Celia's life?
8. What does Felicia realize about her mother's attraction to El Lider?
9. How does Lourdes respond when soldiers first come to the ranch where she and Rufino live?
10. What commitment does Celia make after Jorge dies?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)