|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Ordinary Seductions: Celia's Letters: 1942-1949, which author does Celia read?
(a) Lord Byron.
2. Who does Celia say in her letters treats her poorly?
(b) Her in-laws.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her friends.
3. What sport did El Lider excel at in his youth?
4. What type of work did Jorge do before the revolution?
(a) He sold electric brooms and portable fans.
(b) He sold cars.
(c) He was a fisherman.
(d) He cooked for El Lider.
5. Who does Celia believe murdered a woman she befriended?
(c) The hospital.
(d) A local priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Celia respond when her lover leaves Cuba?
2. Who terrorizes Celia in Ordinary Seductions: The House on Palmas Street?
3. At what time does Lourdes go to the bakery to prepare pastries and doughs?
4. What does Celia do when she leaves the asylum?
5. How does Rufino explain the voices Lourdes hears?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rufino bond with his daughter Pilar?
2. What does Jorge reveal about Pilar when Lourdes is on her walk home from the bakery?
3. How does Celia describe the environment that Lourdes was born in?
4. Under what condition does Celia tell Gustavo she will come find him?
5. How did Celia's husband destroy one of their dining room chairs?
6. How does Lourdes connect with her husband?
7. What does Ester Ugarte accuse Loli Regalado of in Imagining Winter: The Meaning of Shells?
8. What happens when the soldiers return to the ranch?
9. According to rumors, why have yanquis ringed the island with nuclear poison?
10. How does Felicia attempt to kill herself and her son, Ivanito?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)