|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Celia find while searching through Felicia's old belongings?
(a) An old black swimming suit.
(c) A report card.
(d) A dream journal.
2. What does Celia tell Gustavo hurts her about Lourdes?
(a) That her relationship with her father is alive and gay.
(b) That she looks so much like her father.
(c) That she doesn't know how to stand up for herself.
(d) That she does not clean up after herself.
3. How does Jorge feel about his daughter's upcoming marriage?
(a) He is hoping she will ask him to help plan the reception.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He thinks they should wait another year or two.
(d) He is jealous.
4. Who has Lourdes's bakery become a meeting place for?
(d) Young mothers.
5. Who returns the day after Felicia burns Graciela's scalp?
6. What does Lourdes do after the taxi arrives at Celia's house?
(a) She runs into the house.
(b) She starts laughing.
(c) She walks to the beach.
(d) She falls on her knees in the road.
7. After Lourdes decorates her house, who changes it back the way it was?
(a) Rufino's mother.
(b) A cheating accountant.
8. In Imagining Winter: Daughters of Chango, Jorge begins to lose his time in _____.
(c) New York.
9. What does Celia report about Lourdes in her letter to Gustavo?
(a) Lourdes is planning a vacation.
(b) Lourdes is going back to school.
(c) Lourdes is seeing a new man.
(d) Lourdes is pregnant.
10. What character has a disregard for "everything meaningful?"
11. Who discourages Felicia's devotion to the gods?
12. Felicia urges her new husband, Otto, to take her on a _____.
(a) Roller coaster.
(b) Nature walk.
(c) Horse ride.
13. Why doesn't Celia have time to take care of Felicia?
(a) She is doing more work for El Lider.
(b) She is homeschooling Ivanito.
(c) She is busy with her work as a judge.
(d) She is taking care of Javier.
14. What does the elderly man at the botanica give Pilar?
(c) A record.
(d) A book.
15. Who is a target for bomb threats at the Metropolitan Opera House?
(a) Cuban ballerinas.
(d) Police officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. By Thanksgiving, Lourdes loses _____ pounds.
2. When does Jorge realize he went too far in trying to break Celia?
3. How many consecutive days does Pilar take herbal baths?
4. What does Felicia's fortune show in Imagining Winter: God's Will?
5. Who does Celia say curses her for taking Jorge away?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)