|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lourdes do after the taxi arrives at Celia's house?
(a) She falls on her knees in the road.
(b) She starts laughing.
(c) She runs into the house.
(d) She walks to the beach.
2. What kills Ernesto Brito?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) A car crash.
(c) A fire.
(d) A terminal disease.
3. What does Celia realize when she hears shells singing a song in her bones?
(a) That she is lonely.
(b) That a tidal wave is coming.
(c) That shells remind her of Gustavo.
(d) That she will be a grandmother soon.
4. What does Pilar believe with help her understand her grandmother?
(a) Asking Lourdes questions about her.
(b) Writing her letters.
(c) Spending more time with her.
(d) The right side of her face.
5. What does Felicia request in a note about her burial?
(a) She wants her children to read her favorite poem.
(b) She wants to be buried as a santera.
(c) She wants to be buried at night.
(d) She wants her ashes to be thrown into the sea.
6. What character has a disregard for "everything meaningful?"
7. Who advises Jorge to buy a house by the sea?
(b) Jorge's mother.
8. In Imagining Winter: Daughters of Chango, what reason does Jorge give Lourdes for wanting to escape Celia?
(a) She tried to kill him.
(b) She was leaving him for Gustavo.
(c) She thought only of the Revolution.
(d) He found another woman in New York.
9. Who is the only person Lourdes feels she can talk to?
(b) Rufino's mother.
10. Who is Ernesto Brito?
(a) A famous singer.
(b) A man Felicia marries.
(c) Ivanito's best friend.
(d) Ivanito's teacher.
11. Where does Lourdes work shortly after marrying Rufino?
(a) At a police station.
(b) The Puente Ranch.
(c) A bakery.
12. Felicia urges her new husband, Otto, to take her on a _____.
(a) Roller coaster.
(c) Nature walk.
(d) Horse ride.
13. Who tells Ivanito that vile things will be said to him/her in Russia?
(a) Sergey Mikoyan.
14. Lourdes calls Pilar demanding to know which _____ is in her _____.
15. Who makes fun of Lourdes in Imagining Winter: Enough Attitude?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Imagining Winter: Enough Attitude, Lourdes reflects on rejecting the _____ lifestyle.
2. After what event in 1978 does Felicia return to her best friend and the Yoruban religion?
3. Celia tells Gustavo that Rufino Puente comes from one of the _____ families in Cuba.
4. When Pilar reads a book of predictions, Celia asks if she should _____.
5. What does Celia report about Lourdes in her letter to Gustavo?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)