|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes fun of Lourdes in Imagining Winter: Enough Attitude?
2. Who betrays Celia by revealing her involvement in politics?
3. What does Lourdes recall telling tourists, so they would buy her food?
(a) That it would bring them good luck.
(b) That her mother was dead.
(c) That she only had a year to live.
(d) That she was raising money for a church.
4. What new position allows Lourdes to walk around town?
(a) Auxiliary policewoman.
(b) Magazine sales person.
(c) Crossing guard.
(d) Census worker.
5. Who is a target for bomb threats at the Metropolitan Opera House?
(b) Cuban ballerinas.
(c) Police officers.
6. What does Lourdes soak the book in that Pilar gives her?
(b) Hot water.
(d) Orange juice.
7. In Imagining Winter: God's Will, _____ initiates Felicia, and she is given the _____.
(a) Herminia/goat to sacrifice.
(b) Yernaya/spirits of the seas.
(c) Celia/family secrets.
(d) La Madrina/final rite of passage.
8. Why does Lourdes stop eating in Imagining Winter: A Matrix Light?
(a) She cannot afford to buy food.
(b) To protest the regime.
(c) To purify herself.
(d) To lose weight.
9. Who expresses love for the music of Lou Reed, Iggy Pop, and the Ramones?
(c) Rufino's mother.
10. The elderly man at the botanica calls Pilar the daughter of _____.
(a) The Sea.
11. What does Celia smash in the final hours of Felicia's life?
(a) A record player.
(b) A wine bottle.
(c) A figure of Obatala.
(d) A window.
12. What does Celia cheer for in her last letter?
(a) A boat race.
(b) Felicia getting in a fight.
(c) Javier's soccer team.
(d) The Revolution.
13. What message does Pilar include on her painting of Lady Liberty?
(a) "I'm a Mess."
(b) "One Love."
(c) "Freedom Rules."
(d) "Walk on the Wild Side."
14. Who tells Ivanito that vile things will be said to him/her in Russia?
(c) Sergey Mikoyan.
15. When does Jorge realize he went too far in trying to break Celia?
(a) While he is on his trip.
(b) After he dies.
(c) Before he leaves for his trip.
(d) When he returns from his trip.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Celia realize when she hears shells singing a song in her bones?
2. Who does Jorge force to learn accounting?
3. After Lourdes decorates her house, who changes it back the way it was?
4. What does Celia report about Lourdes in her letter to Gustavo?
5. What does Pilar find of interest in the personals?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)