|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Felicia request in a note about her burial?
(a) She wants to be buried at night.
(b) She wants her children to read her favorite poem.
(c) She wants to be buried as a santera.
(d) She wants her ashes to be thrown into the sea.
2. Who discourages Felicia's devotion to the gods?
3. What does Lourdes soak the book in that Pilar gives her?
(a) Orange juice.
(c) Hot water.
4. In Imagining Winter: Enough Attitude, what does Lourdes do on Tuesdays and Thursdays?
(a) She delivers doughnuts to the nuns.
(b) She patrols the streets.
(c) She sees a movie by herself.
(d) She has "date night" with Rufino.
5. What does Lourdes do after the taxi arrives at Celia's house?
(a) She walks to the beach.
(b) She starts laughing.
(c) She runs into the house.
(d) She falls on her knees in the road.
6. What does Pilar believe with help her understand her grandmother?
(a) Spending more time with her.
(b) Asking Lourdes questions about her.
(c) Writing her letters.
(d) The right side of her face.
7. What does Lourdes recall telling tourists, so they would buy her food?
(a) That she only had a year to live.
(b) That her mother was dead.
(c) That it would bring them good luck.
(d) That she was raising money for a church.
8. By Thanksgiving, Lourdes loses _____ pounds.
9. How many consecutive days does Pilar take herbal baths?
10. What does the elderly man at the botanica give Pilar?
(a) A book.
(b) A record.
11. Why doesn't Celia have time to take care of Felicia?
(a) She is doing more work for El Lider.
(b) She is homeschooling Ivanito.
(c) She is busy with her work as a judge.
(d) She is taking care of Javier.
12. What does Celia find while searching through Felicia's old belongings?
(b) A dream journal.
(c) An old black swimming suit.
(d) A report card.
13. Who does Felicia meet when she is six years old?
14. Who does Celia say is rid from the country in her last letter?
15. Who does Celia find in East Havana?
(a) Ivanito, living on the streets alone.
(b) Pilar, who is living there with a group of friends.
(c) The santera who helped her when she was depressed over Gustavo.
(d) Felicia, who is an an asylum there.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jorge feel about his daughter's upcoming marriage?
2. Who is Ernesto Brito?
3. When does Jorge realize he went too far in trying to break Celia?
4. Who expresses love for the music of Lou Reed, Iggy Pop, and the Ramones?
5. In Imagining Winter: Daughters of Chango, Jorge begins to lose his time in _____.
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)