|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition does Celia suffer from that she describes in one of her letters?
2. What unique talent does Pilar have?
(a) She can fly.
(b) She can read lips.
(c) She can make rabbits disappear.
(d) She can recall everything that has happened to her.
3. In Chapter 2, what family member does Lourdes unsuccessfully call?
4. What does Pilar talk about on the bus?
(a) Her family life.
(b) Her favorite recipes.
(c) Her travel plans.
(d) Her career goals.
5. What causes Felicia's health to deteriorate?
(a) Food poisoning.
(b) She has syphilis.
(c) Her inability to deal with the loss of her father.
(d) The break up of her marriage.
6. What smell is in the air when Celia runs to the beach?
7. Who does Celia believe murdered a woman she befriended?
(a) The hospital.
(d) A local priest.
8. Who soothes Felicia as her condition worsens?
9. What did a santera once see on Celia's palm?
(a) More children.
(b) A wet landscape.
(c) A rainbow.
10. Why does Celia name her son after her father?
(a) A santera tells her to.
(b) She thinks he will look like her father when he grows up.
(c) To keep a promise.
(d) She draws his name out of a hat.
11. Who does Celia take with her to see Jorge?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) A nurse from the asylum.
(c) Her daughters.
12. When did Pilar leave her Abuela Celia?
(a) Several weeks ago.
(b) When she was 2 years old.
(c) A year ago.
(d) On her 16th birthday.
13. What initially scares Luz and Milagro when they see their father?
(a) A dog running toward them.
(b) His looks.
(c) Disappointing their mother.
(d) A ghost standing behind him.
14. Who did Celia fall in love with before she met Jorge?
(a) El Lider.
15. Why does Felicia volunteer in a camp at night?
(a) She is less likely to hurt herself at night.
(b) She home schools Ivanito during the day.
(c) She feels more comfortable at night.
(d) She has exceptional night vision.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Celia's daughters fear they will never get to leave?
2. What does Celia keep that her lover gave her?
3. What time of year does Ordinary Seductions: Ocean Blue take place?
4. Who does Celia see emerge from the light and come toward her?
5. Who does Celia tell Gustavo saved her?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)