|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Pilar see her father with, in Ordinary Seductions: Going South?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Another woman.
(c) His boss.
2. Where is Felicia marching at the start of Imagining Winter: The Meaning of Shells?
(b) Sagua La Grande.
(c) Sierra Maesta.
(d) Santiago de Cuba.
3. Who is Celia waiting for at the start of Ordinary Seductions: The House on Palmas Street?
(a) The mail carrier.
(b) Her granddaughters.
4. Who does Celia take with her to see Jorge?
(b) Her daughters.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) A nurse from the asylum.
5. In Chapter 2, what family member does Lourdes unsuccessfully call?
6. Who does Hugo tell his daughters he wants to see?
(d) His mother.
7. Who is the judge during the civil trial?
(a) Cristina Garcia.
(b) El Lider.
(c) Loli Regalado.
8. Who does Celia tell Gustavo saved her?
(c) Tia Alicia.
9. What do the nuns tell Lourdes over the phone about her father?
(a) The nuns say they have not seen her father for several days.
(b) The nuns say they want her to bake a cake for her father.
(c) The nuns say her father promised them money.
(d) The nuns say her father's spirit thanked them for his care.
10. What is the main issue in the civil trial?
(b) An affair.
(d) Child neglect.
11. Who votes Celia's house the primary lookout?
(a) The neighborhood committee.
(b) El Lider.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her husband.
12. Why is Celia's father killed?
(a) For abusing his wife.
(b) For stealing.
(c) For killing someone.
(d) For having affairs with married women.
13. Why does Celia feel Jorge betrays her?
(a) He puts Celia in the asylum.
(b) He tells everyone she is a bad mother.
(c) He leaves her for another woman.
(d) He destroys a letter she wrote to Gustavo.
14. What type of work did Jorge do before the revolution?
(a) He sold electric brooms and portable fans.
(b) He was a fisherman.
(c) He sold cars.
(d) He cooked for El Lider.
15. Who checks Celia into a mental asylum?
(c) Jorge's sister and mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Gustavo Sierra de Armas from?
2. Who wakens Pilar by the pool?
3. Where is Ivanito living in Imagining Winter: The Meaning of Shells?
4. Who does Celia say killed her father?
5. In Ordinary Seductions: Celia's Letters: 1942-1949, which author does Celia read?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)