|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What unique talent does Pilar have?
(a) She can read lips.
(b) She can make rabbits disappear.
(c) She can fly.
(d) She can recall everything that has happened to her.
2. How do Celia's feelings change for Jorge in Ordinary Seductions: Celia's Letters: 1935-1940?
(a) She starts to appreciate his sense of humor.
(b) She wants to start over with him.
(c) She feels sorry for him.
(d) She falls in love with him.
3. What does Celia keep that her lover gave her?
(a) An engagement ring.
(b) A dozen roses.
(c) A scarf.
(d) Pearl earrings.
4. Who does Celia write letters to, from 1935-1940?
(b) El Lider.
5. Who does Pilar talk to, at length, on a bus ride?
(a) The bus driver.
(b) A group of orphans.
(c) A woman.
(d) A ghost.
6. What foods does Felicia insist will purify, in Ordinary Seductions: The Fire Between Them?
(a) Blueberries and dark chocolate.
(b) Meringues and coconuts.
(c) Raw fruits and vegetables.
(d) Beans and bananas.
7. At what time of Celia's life does she go to live with Tia Alicia?
(a) When Tia Alica gets sick.
(b) After Jorge dies.
(c) When her parents get a divorce.
(d) When her parents die.
8. What was Celia's son born with that is a sign of good luck?
(a) A caul.
(c) Long finger nails.
(d) Curly hair.
9. Who convinces Lourdes that her daughter, Pilar, does not hate her?
10. Who arrives in Santa Teresa del Mar, screaming for Celia?
11. What time of year does Ordinary Seductions: Ocean Blue take place?
12. What do the nuns tell Lourdes over the phone about her father?
(a) The nuns say they have not seen her father for several days.
(b) The nuns say her father's spirit thanked them for his care.
(c) The nuns say they want her to bake a cake for her father.
(d) The nuns say her father promised them money.
13. Who checks Celia into a mental asylum?
(c) Jorge's sister and mother.
14. Why do Lourdes and Rufino originally leave Cuba?
(a) Rufino is offered a job elsewhere.
(b) They want to escape soldiers.
(c) Lourdes wants to live some place cold.
(d) They are worried about the economy in Cuba.
15. What condition does Celia suffer from that she describes in one of her letters?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Celia agree to do if Gustavo does not respond to her letters?
2. What object does Celia worry about after a tidal wave?
3. Who does Celia see emerge from the light and come toward her?
4. What type of people does Celia say she relates to?
5. What does Lourdes foresee during her moment of crisis?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)