|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Celia plan to do if she has a boy?
(a) She will find Gustavo.
(b) She will become a santera.
(c) She will name him Gustavo.
(d) She will change her ways.
2. Who does Celia remember, as a result of her son's birth?
(b) A childhood friend.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Tia Alicia.
3. In Ordinary Seductions: Celia's Letters: 1942-1949, which author does Celia read?
(c) Lord Byron.
4. Why does Celia feel Jorge betrays her?
(a) He destroys a letter she wrote to Gustavo.
(b) He tells everyone she is a bad mother.
(c) He puts Celia in the asylum.
(d) He leaves her for another woman.
5. What object does Celia worry about after a tidal wave?
(a) Her bed.
(b) Her piano.
(c) A photograph of Gustavo.
(d) Her pearl earrings.
6. Where is Felicia marching at the start of Imagining Winter: The Meaning of Shells?
(a) Santiago de Cuba.
(b) Sagua La Grande.
(d) Sierra Maesta.
7. Who comes to the ranch while Lourdes is pregnant with her second child?
(d) Celia and Jorge.
8. Why is Celia's father killed?
(a) For abusing his wife.
(b) For killing someone.
(c) For stealing.
(d) For having affairs with married women.
9. How does Celia describe the environment that her first child experiences in her womb?
10. Why does Lourdes fire her new employee?
(a) The woman steals from her.
(b) The woman has eyes for Rufino.
(c) The woman lied on her resume.
(d) The woman takes extremely long breaks.
11. What does Celia keep that her lover gave her?
(a) A dozen roses.
(b) Pearl earrings.
(c) A scarf.
(d) An engagement ring.
12. What are the names of the fishing boats Celia sees?
(a) Charles and Eddie.
(b) The Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria.
(c) Boats A, B and C.
(d) Wynken, Blynken, and Nod.
13. Who is the civil trial between in Imagining Winter: The Meaning of Shells?
(a) Beny More and Ibrahim Ferrer.
(b) Milagro and Luz.
(c) Felicia and Ivanito.
(d) Ester Ugarte and Loli Regalado.
14. What happens to Lourdes, in Ordinary Seductions: A Grove of Lemons, when Rufino is out of town?
(a) Soldiers rape her.
(b) She falls off a horse.
(c) Lightning strikes her.
(d) She is in a car accident.
15. Who soothes Felicia as her condition worsens?
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition does Celia suffer from that she describes in one of her letters?
2. Who does Pilar see her father with, in Ordinary Seductions: Going South?
3. Who does Pilar talk to, at length, on a bus ride?
4. At what time of Celia's life does she go to live with Tia Alicia?
5. Who does Celia believe murdered a woman she befriended?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)