|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what family member does Lourdes unsuccessfully call?
2. Who did Celia fall in love with before she met Jorge?
(c) El Lider.
3. Who does Hugo tell his daughters he wants to see?
(a) His mother.
4. Why is Hugo forced to marry Felicia?
(a) A santera tells him he will have bad luck if he refuses.
(b) It is an arranged marriage.
(c) He lost a bet.
(d) She is pregnant.
5. What initially scares Luz and Milagro when they see their father?
(a) A dog running toward them.
(b) A ghost standing behind him.
(c) His looks.
(d) Disappointing their mother.
6. What does Luz recall her father's hands holding?
(d) The smallest threads.
7. Why does Celia want to leave New York?
(a) To escape her life.
(b) To visit colleges.
(c) To pursue a singing career.
(d) To start her own bakery.
8. How do Celia's feelings change for Jorge in Ordinary Seductions: Celia's Letters: 1935-1940?
(a) She feels sorry for him.
(b) She starts to appreciate his sense of humor.
(c) She falls in love with him.
(d) She wants to start over with him.
9. What was Celia's son born with that is a sign of good luck?
(b) Long finger nails.
(c) Curly hair.
(d) A caul.
10. Where is Felicia marching at the start of Imagining Winter: The Meaning of Shells?
(a) Santiago de Cuba.
(b) Sierra Maesta.
(c) Sagua La Grande.
11. What does Celia's mother do when she is young?
(a) Abandons her on a train.
(b) Teaches her how to sew.
(c) Forces her to perform in the circus.
(d) Makes her cook dinner for the family.
12. What does Celia plan to do if she has a boy?
(a) She will name him Gustavo.
(b) She will become a santera.
(c) She will find Gustavo.
(d) She will change her ways.
13. Who is the judge during the civil trial?
(a) Cristina Garcia.
(c) Loli Regalado.
(d) El Lider.
14. At what time of Celia's life does she go to live with Tia Alicia?
(a) When her parents get a divorce.
(b) When her parents die.
(c) When Tia Alica gets sick.
(d) After Jorge dies.
15. Who comes to the ranch while Lourdes is pregnant with her second child?
(b) Celia and Jorge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does Celia worry about after a tidal wave?
2. Who does Celia say killed her father?
3. Why do Lourdes and Rufino originally leave Cuba?
4. Why does Celia name her son after her father?
5. Who arrives in Santa Teresa del Mar, screaming for Celia?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)