|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Imagining Winter: Celia's Letters: 1950 - 1955.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of work did Jorge do before the revolution?
(a) He sold cars.
(b) He cooked for El Lider.
(c) He sold electric brooms and portable fans.
(d) He was a fisherman.
2. What does Celia do when she leaves the asylum?
(a) She sacrifices a goat.
(b) She buys a ticket to Spain.
(c) She looks for a job.
(d) She vacations with her family.
3. Who does Pilar see her father with, in Ordinary Seductions: Going South?
(a) Her grandfather.
(c) Another woman.
(d) His boss.
4. Why does Celia want to leave New York?
(a) To pursue a singing career.
(b) To visit colleges.
(c) To escape her life.
(d) To start her own bakery.
5. Who does Celia believe murdered a woman she befriended?
(a) A local priest.
(c) The hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Ordinary Seductions: The Fire Between Them, who does Felicia teach to dance?
2. Who does Celia say in her letters treats her poorly?
3. When Celia returns to her home in Santa Teresa del Mar, she knows Javier has already left to _____.
4. What does Celia tell her daughter not to bring in the house?
5. Who does Celia say curses her for taking Jorge away?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)