|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ordinary Seductions: The Fire between Them.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Celia believe murdered a woman she befriended?
(b) The hospital.
(c) A local priest.
2. What does Celia report in her final letter happens to Jorge?
(a) He has started hearing voices.
(b) He has just received a job promotion.
(c) He is in a terrible accident.
(d) He is leaving her.
3. What happens to Lourdes, in Ordinary Seductions: A Grove of Lemons, when Rufino is out of town?
(a) Soldiers rape her.
(b) Lightning strikes her.
(c) She is in a car accident.
(d) She falls off a horse.
4. How does Rufino explain the voices Lourdes hears?
(a) He says he made the voices, to play a practical joke.
(b) He says she is tired.
(c) He says she is eating too much sugar.
(d) He says she is making it up to get attention.
5. Who predicts that Celia will survive hard times and live by the water?
(a) A santera.
(b) Celia's great aunt.
(d) A psychic friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Celia keep that her lover gave her?
2. When Celia wakes up in a panic, where does she want to go?
3. How do Celia's feelings change for Jorge in Ordinary Seductions: Celia's Letters: 1935-1940?
4. Who does Celia say in her letters treats her poorly?
5. What type of people does Celia say she relates to?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)