|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Ordinary Seductions: Celia's Letters: 1935 - 1940.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Celia waiting for at the start of Ordinary Seductions: The House on Palmas Street?
(b) Her granddaughters.
(c) The mail carrier.
2. What does Celia plan to do if she has a boy?
(a) She will become a santera.
(b) She will find Gustavo.
(c) She will name him Gustavo.
(d) She will change her ways.
3. How does Celia respond when her lover leaves Cuba?
(a) She is relieved.
(b) She is disgusted.
(c) She gets depressed.
(d) She feels guilty.
4. What does Celia agree to do if Gustavo does not respond to her letters?
(a) She must contact Gustavo's wife.
(b) She must visit Gustavo in person.
(c) She must let the santera set her up with someone new.
(d) She must marry Jorge.
5. Where does Pilar plan to travel?
(d) The Hamptons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of people does Celia say she relates to?
2. Who encourages Celia to write to Gustavo?
3. What smell is in the air when Celia runs to the beach?
4. How do Celia's feelings change for Jorge in Ordinary Seductions: Celia's Letters: 1935-1940?
5. What condition does Celia suffer from that she describes in one of her letters?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)