|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Ephraim's farm?
2. What does Nicholas do to the boy who throws water at him?
3. What does Nicholas talk about as they drive away from their wedding?
4. Why is Jeff brought to Dragonwyck?
5. What does Miranda's baby die from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Peggy feel about all the social engagements that happen after the baby dies?
2. What does Nicholas say when Miranda asks him what he thinks of Poe?
3. What does Jeff write to Miranda about, and how is he feeling?
4. How does Miranda feel about Poe's home?
5. What happens when Miranda secretly meets with Jeff?
6. What happens when the Mary Clinton bursts into flames?
7. Where does Miranda stay when she gets back to Dragonwyck, and how does she feel about this?
8. What does Jeff do for Peggy before he and Miranda move to California?
9. What does Jeff do before leaving Dragonwyck as Nicholas orders him?
10. What happens when a new governor is elected?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Love is a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters are most affected by this theme? Which relationships are the most significant to the plot and why?
Essay Topic 2
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book are persuaded to do things that they do not do on their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how does persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)