|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take for Miranda to regain consciousness after the boat accident?
2. What is Miranda's favorite part of the hotel in the Pine Orchards?
3. Who does Miranda ask to come and live with her when she is pregnant?
4. What do Peggy and Miranda plan while Nicholas is away from Dragonwyck for a few days?
5. What does Miranda think about her wedding day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Jeff and Miranda try and escape?
2. What does Jeff write to Miranda about, and how is he feeling?
3. What does Miranda do with Dragonwyck when she hears that Nicholas is dead?
4. What does Jeff say to Miranda after they meet, while Nicholas is away from Dragonwyck?
5. Where does Miranda stay when she gets back to Dragonwyck, and how does she feel about this?
6. What happens when Miranda asks Nicholas to let Peggy be her maid at home?
7. How does Miranda feel about Poe's home?
8. What happens when a bucket of water is thrown on Nicholas?
9. How does Peggy feel about all the social engagements that happen after the baby dies?
10. What does De Grenier say to Miranda when he arrives to their party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character do you relate with the most in this book? Why is this? How does this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Despair is a theme that is placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role does despair play in this book?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)