|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miranda offer Tibby as a gift when she returns from Dragonwyck?
2. What piece of jewelery is Miranda wearing when she leaves for Dragonwyck?
3. What happens at Dragonwyck that stops guests from coming?
4. How many times does Miranda get lost as she heads to town?
5. What is the name of Nicholas's daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Miranda think she should go to Dragonwyck instead of her sister?
2. What happens as Klaas is brought forward to pay his rent to Nicholas?
3. What happens when a maid summons Miranda to Johanna's room?
4. What is given to Miranda just before she heads to her own home after the funeral?
5. What happens when Nicholas and Miranda are driving home from the doctor's office?
6. What does Miranda think about while her father reads the family bible?
7. What does Jeff do when he stays the night at Dragonwyck?
8. What does Jeff prescribe for Johanna's cold, and how does she respond?
9. What does Nicholas ask Miranda to do after her first dinner at Dragonwyck?
10. How do de Grenier and Miranda feel about the way Nicholas handles the offerings of the tenant farmers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Miranda choose to do with her inherited estate, and why does she choose to take this path?
Essay Topic 2
Miranda endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials and what lessons does she learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 3
Love is a very important theme and motivating factor in this book. Which characters are most affected by this theme? Which relationships are the most significant to the plot and why?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)