|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Miranda when she cries for the first time since leaving her house?
2. How big is the hotel suite that Miranda is taken to at her first stop?
3. What is the name of the book Miranda is reading when her mother calls her?
4. How does Nicholas treat De Grier after the party?
5. What does Miranda do when she is kissed during a game at the wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Turner to take pity on Nicholas on the Fourth of July?
2. How does Ephraim feel about Nicholas when he first arrives at the hotel?
3. What do Nicholas and Johanna spend their days doing?
4. What does Miranda see one night when Nicholas and Johanna are leaving Dragonwyck for a night out?
5. How does Miranda feel when she sees the hotel room that is prepared for her, at her first stop on her journey to Dragonwyck?
6. What happens when a maid summons Miranda to Johanna's room?
7. What does Nicholas do when he and Miranda meet alone at night after Johanna's death?
8. Why does Miranda think she should go to Dragonwyck instead of her sister?
9. What does De Grenier say about the Van Ryn's relationship while he is visiting for the Fourth of July?
10. Who does Miranda sit by at the Fourth of July celebration, and what do they discuss?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Patience is a virtue that is needed and employed by some of the main characters. What are some of the main instances of this virtue, and how are those characters affected?
Essay Topic 2
Choosing sides is a theme that is presented in this book. What are some of the examples of this theme appearing, and how does it affect the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all have their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affects the characters around them.
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)