|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is outside of the theater when the Van Ryns go to see the play?
(a) A strike.
(b) A car accident.
(c) An angry mob.
(d) Police men.
2. What does Nicholas not believe in that shocks Miranda?
(d) True love.
3. How does Miranda describe Nicholas's actions?
4. What play are the Van Ryns invited to go and see?
(b) Romeo and Juliet.
5. What about Jeff does Miranda find soothing?
(a) His touch.
(b) His confidence.
(c) His voice.
(d) His presence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jeff tie Nicholas up with?
2. Which of the following does Nicholas NOT do for Miranda while she is weak with pregnancy?
3. What does Nicholas rescue from a cliff?
4. What does Miranda find in the attic while Nicholas is gone?
5. Where is Peggy when she begins to feel uneasy with staying at Dragonwyck?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jeff write to Miranda about, and how is he feeling?
2. How does Peggy feel about all the social engagements that happen after the baby dies?
3. What does Jeff say to Miranda after they meet, while Nicholas is away from Dragonwyck?
4. What happens when a new governor is elected?
5. What does Miranda find in the attic, and how does this make her feel?
6. What does Nicholas say when Miranda asks him what he thinks of Poe?
7. What does Miranda realize when she falls ill in the Pine Orchard Mountain House?
8. What does Miranda do with Dragonwyck when she hears that Nicholas is dead?
9. What happens when Miranda asks Nicholas to let Peggy be her maid at home?
10. How does Miranda feel about Poe's home?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)