|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jeff come home from the war?
(a) He deserts his post.
(b) He is needed at home.
(c) He fulfills his commitment.
(d) He is wounded.
2. What about Jeff does Miranda find soothing?
(a) His presence.
(b) His confidence.
(c) His touch.
(d) His voice.
3. What is the name of the river boat Nicholas buys?
(a) Mary Clayton.
(b) Mary Craft.
(c) Mary Mercy.
(d) Mary Certain.
4. What does Nicholas do to the boy who throws water at him?
(a) Shoots him.
(b) Punches him.
(c) Cuts him.
(d) Has him arrested.
5. Who cares for Miranda when she gets injured after the PT Barnum show?
(a) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Peggy's boyfriend?
2. What about Nicholas does Miranda never question?
3. What does Miranda injure when she comes home from the PT Barnum show?
4. What does Nicholas say he hears in the house when he returns?
5. What does Miranda say Poe's wife looks like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Miranda find in the attic, and how does this make her feel?
2. What does Miranda do with Dragonwyck when she hears that Nicholas is dead?
3. What happens after Miranda and Nicholas are apart for a year?
4. What does Jeff say to Miranda after they meet, while Nicholas is away from Dragonwyck?
5. How does Miranda feel when she wakes up after her wedding night, and how does Nicholas respond to this?
6. How does Miranda feel about Poe's home?
7. What does Jeff do for Peggy before he and Miranda move to California?
8. What happens when a new governor is elected?
9. What happens when Miranda secretly meets with Jeff?
10. What does Miranda realize when she falls ill in the Pine Orchard Mountain House?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)