|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nicholas do to the boy who throws water at him?
(a) Has him arrested.
(b) Punches him.
(c) Shoots him.
(d) Cuts him.
2. Which of the following does Nicholas NOT do for Miranda while she is weak with pregnancy?
(a) Sing to her.
(b) Read aloud to her.
(c) Play music for her.
(d) Bring food to her room.
3. What is Peggy's occupation?
(a) Call girl.
(b) Clothers ironer.
(d) Cook's assistant.
4. What is Bronck's occupation?
(c) Business Manager.
5. What does 'to the egress' mean?
(a) The washroom.
(b) The cloak room.
(c) The entrance.
(d) The exit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Ephraim's farm?
2. How does Miranda describe Nicholas's actions?
3. Why does Nicholas decide to travel to the Pine Orchard Mountain House?
4. What does Nicholas not believe in that shocks Miranda?
5. What is the name of the woman Jeff plans to propose to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Miranda feel when she wakes up after her wedding night, and how does Nicholas respond to this?
2. What happens when a bucket of water is thrown on Nicholas?
3. What does De Grenier say to Miranda when he arrives to their party?
4. What happens when Miranda meets with Nicholas in the tower room?
5. Who does Jeff plan to marry when he returns from the war, and why does he not get the chance to propose to her?
6. What happens when Miranda secretly meets with Jeff?
7. What does Miranda realize when she falls ill in the Pine Orchard Mountain House?
8. What does Jeff say to Miranda after they meet, while Nicholas is away from Dragonwyck?
9. How does Miranda feel about Poe's home?
10. Where does Miranda stay when she gets back to Dragonwyck, and how does she feel about this?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)