|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jeff tie Nicholas up with?
(a) Miranda's apron.
(b) A bell rope.
(c) A belt.
(d) His suspenders.
2. Which of the following does Nicholas NOT do for Miranda while she is weak with pregnancy?
(a) Bring food to her room.
(b) Read aloud to her.
(c) Play music for her.
(d) Sing to her.
3. Why is Zelie not present at Miranda's new home with Nicholas?
(a) She refuses to leave Dragonwyck.
(b) She is too sick to travel.
(c) She dies.
(d) She is fired.
4. What does Nicholas talk about as they drive away from their wedding?
(a) His feelings for her.
(b) His travels.
(c) Their future.
(d) Her beauty.
5. What is Nicholas really upset about while he is healing?
(a) Having to be treated by Miranda.
(b) Displaying weakness.
(c) Killing the boy.
(d) Missing the parties of the season.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nicholas stop the river boat when Jeff and Miranda get on it?
2. Why does Nicholas decide to travel to the Pine Orchard Mountain House?
3. What is the name of the river boat Nicholas buys?
4. Who is invited to the house for St. Nicholas's Day?
5. How does Peggy get Miranda's attention when Nicholas gets home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jeff say to Miranda after they meet, while Nicholas is away from Dragonwyck?
2. What does Miranda find in the attic, and how does this make her feel?
3. How do Jeff and Miranda try and escape?
4. What does Jeff write to Miranda about, and how is he feeling?
5. What happens when the Mary Clinton bursts into flames?
6. What does Miranda realize when she falls ill in the Pine Orchard Mountain House?
7. What does De Grenier say to Miranda when he arrives to their party?
8. What does Miranda do with Dragonwyck when she hears that Nicholas is dead?
9. What happens when a bucket of water is thrown on Nicholas?
10. What happens when Miranda asks Nicholas to let Peggy be her maid at home?
This section contains 787 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)