|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Miranda go looking for when she gets lonely?
2. What does Nicholas give Klaas Becker as he is ordered to leave?
(a) A map.
(b) Gold coins.
(c) An arrest warrant.
(d) A wagon and a horse.
3. Who does Miranda's mother think should be sent to Dragonwyck?
4. What is Nicholas's favorite poet?
5. What is the first holiday Miranda enjoys while at Dragonwyck?
(a) The Summer Solstice.
(b) Independance Day.
(c) Johanna's birthday.
(d) Valentine's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Abigail feel as she prepares Miranda to leave for Dragonwyck?
2. How many tenant farmers meet in Smoky Hollow?
3. What does Miranda accidentally see Nicholas doing during the summer?
4. What does Jeff test the cake Johanna is eating for?
5. Who tells Miranda the story of Azilda?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Miranda agrees to play a game of Blind Man's Bluff?
2. How does Ephraim feel about Miranda going to Dragonwyck?
3. How does Johanna die, and how does Nicholas respond?
4. What causes Miranda's father to think twice about leaving his daughter, and what does she say to change her mind?
5. What does Nicholas do when he and Miranda meet alone at night after Johanna's death?
6. What does De Grenier say about the Van Ryn's relationship while he is visiting for the Fourth of July?
7. What does Jeff do when he stays the night at Dragonwyck?
8. Why does Miranda think she should go to Dragonwyck instead of her sister?
9. What is given to Miranda just before she heads to her own home after the funeral?
10. What causes Turner to take pity on Nicholas on the Fourth of July?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)