|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Miranda's father?
2. What does Miranda accidentally see Nicholas doing during the summer?
3. How does Miranda describe the day she spends in town when Katrine is taken to the doctor?
4. Why does Azilda die?
(a) She is unloved.
(b) She is too greedy.
(c) She is unhappy.
(d) She is too beautiful.
5. What does Miranda offer Tibby as a gift when she returns from Dragonwyck?
(a) A novel.
(b) A necklace.
(c) A ring.
(d) A silk dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Van Ryns usually go after the New Year?
2. How long is the mourning period for Johanna supposed to be?
3. Why does Nicholas hate Johanna?
4. What month is Tibby married in?
5. What is the first holiday Miranda enjoys while at Dragonwyck?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Nicholas and Miranda think of each other when they first meet?
2. What happens when Miranda agrees to play a game of Blind Man's Bluff?
3. What does Jeff do after Johanna's death to calm his suspicions?
4. What does Miranda see during the summer that she doesn't forget?
5. What do Nicholas and Johanna spend their days doing?
6. How does Miranda describe Johanna when she is first introduced?
7. How do de Grenier and Miranda feel about the way Nicholas handles the offerings of the tenant farmers?
8. Why does Miranda think she should go to Dragonwyck instead of her sister?
9. What does Ephraim think after Jeff leaves the farm?
10. What does Nicholas do when he and Miranda meet alone at night after Johanna's death?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)