|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Miranda dance with first on the Fourth of July?
(b) Van Buren.
(c) De Grenier.
2. What does Miranda think of Johanna as she appears for the Fourth of July festivities?
(a) She looks crude.
(b) She looks annoyed.
(c) She looks older.
(d) She looks refined.
3. What does Nicholas's wife always think about?
(b) Her clothing.
4. What is brought to Nicholas by the people who come to Dragonwyck before the festivities of the Fourth of July are over?
(a) Figures and estimates.
(b) New prescriptions.
(c) Fresh produce.
5. What piece of jewelery is Miranda wearing when she leaves for Dragonwyck?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Miranda wake up while in the hotel?
2. Who is left in charge during the mourning time?
3. Why is Katrine so confused when Nicholas takes her to the doctor?
4. What month is Tibby married in?
5. How many servants are at the Van Ryn house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who knocks on Miranda's door when she is in bed for the first night in Dragonwyck, and what is said?
2. What does Miranda think about when she goes to bed for the first time in Dragonwyck?
3. What happens when a maid summons Miranda to Johanna's room?
4. How does Ephraim feel about Miranda going to Dragonwyck?
5. What does Nicholas ask Miranda to do after her first dinner at Dragonwyck?
6. What causes Turner to take pity on Nicholas on the Fourth of July?
7. What causes Miranda to feel guilt during the summer?
8. What happens when Miranda walks in to the doctor's office to have Katrine's finger examined?
9. What happens as Klaas is brought forward to pay his rent to Nicholas?
10. Where does Miranda hear the story about Azilde, and what is it about?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)