|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nicholas tell Miranda not to listen to while they talk on the boat?
(b) Her parents.
(c) His wife.
2. How does Nicholas respond to the growing unrest among the tenant farmers?
(a) He starts arming himself wherever he goes.
(b) He has Smith arrested.
(c) He does not let anybody out of his estate.
(d) He remains complacent.
3. Where does Nicholas spend most of his time after the day in town with Miranda?
(a) Johanna's room.
(b) The green house.
(c) The tower room.
(d) The drawing room.
4. What causes Miranda to feel guilty after hearing the story of Azilda?
(a) She is not reading her bible.
(b) She does not say grace at dinner.
(c) She does not thank Nicholas for the gift.
(d) She does not write to her family.
5. What brings the dancing to an end on the Fourth of July?
(a) A musician faints.
(b) A riot breaks out.
(c) It begins to rain.
(d) De Grenier slips and falls.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Nicholas treat Miranda after the ball?
2. What is Annetje's occupation?
3. What does Jeff test the cake Johanna is eating for?
4. What does Charity almost die from?
5. Why does Nicholas give Miranda a gift after the ball?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Miranda's father to think twice about leaving his daughter, and what does she say to change her mind?
2. Why does Miranda think she should go to Dragonwyck instead of her sister?
3. What does Ephraim think after Jeff leaves the farm?
4. How does Miranda feel when she sees the hotel room that is prepared for her, at her first stop on her journey to Dragonwyck?
5. Who does Miranda sit by at the Fourth of July celebration, and what do they discuss?
6. What causes Miranda to feel guilt during the summer?
7. What does Miranda see during the summer that she doesn't forget?
8. What does Nicholas do when he and Miranda meet alone at night after Johanna's death?
9. What happens as Klaas is brought forward to pay his rent to Nicholas?
10. Which doctor does Nicholas want to treat his daughter, and why?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)