|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the boat Miranda and Nicholas take to his estate?
(a) The Eagle.
(b) The Swallow.
(c) The Raven.
(d) The Sparrow.
2. Where is Miranda's quiet place?
(a) The family burial grounds.
(b) The attic.
(c) The haystack in the barn.
(d) The branches of an old sycamore tree.
3. How does Johanna describe winters at the manor?
4. Where do the Van Ryns usually go after the New Year?
(b) New York.
(d) Washington D.C.
5. What is the name of Johanna's maid?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Klaas Becker do that causes a big scene?
2. What is Fenimore Cooper's occupation?
3. Why does Azilda die?
4. What time does Miranda wake up while in the hotel?
5. Why does Nicholas give Miranda a gift after the ball?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Miranda sit by at the Fourth of July celebration, and what do they discuss?
2. What happens when Miranda agrees to play a game of Blind Man's Bluff?
3. What does De Grenier say about the Van Ryn's relationship while he is visiting for the Fourth of July?
4. What does Nicholas do when he and Miranda meet alone at night after Johanna's death?
5. How does Ephraim feel about Nicholas when he first arrives at the hotel?
6. How does Johanna die, and how does Nicholas respond?
7. What does Ephraim think after Jeff leaves the farm?
8. What do Nicholas and Miranda think of each other when they first meet?
9. How does Miranda feel during her first month at Dragonwyck?
10. How does Ephraim feel about Miranda going to Dragonwyck?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)