|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Nicholas mourn his dead son?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Three months.
2. What happens at Dragonwyck for a year after the death of the baby?
(a) Some rallies against the tenant farmers.
(b) A general shunning of the Van Ryns.
(c) A mourning period for the boy.
(d) A constant stream of parties.
3. What is the name of Ephraim's farm?
(a) Willford Ranch.
(b) Walling's Place.
(c) Well's Farm.
(d) Wales Territory.
4. Which of the following does Nicholas NOT do as a mentor to Miranda?
(a) Supervises her reading.
(b) Buys her a new wardrobe.
(c) Hire a tutor for her.
(d) Take her to cultural events.
5. What does Poe ask Miranda to do when she first meets him?
(a) Promice him to be happy in life.
(b) Give him a critique.
(c) Sing for the group.
(d) Recite her own poetry.
6. Why is Zelie not present at Miranda's new home with Nicholas?
(a) She refuses to leave Dragonwyck.
(b) She is fired.
(c) She dies.
(d) She is too sick to travel.
7. What is Nicholas really upset about while he is healing?
(a) Displaying weakness.
(b) Missing the parties of the season.
(c) Having to be treated by Miranda.
(d) Killing the boy.
8. How does Miranda describe Nicholas's actions?
9. What is the name of the river boat Nicholas buys?
(a) Mary Craft.
(b) Mary Clayton.
(c) Mary Mercy.
(d) Mary Certain.
10. What do Peggy and Miranda plan while Nicholas is away from Dragonwyck for a few days?
(a) A dinner with Jeff.
(b) Peggy's wedding.
(c) Miranda's birthday party.
(d) A return party for Nicholas.
11. Which of the following is NOT someone who comes to care for Miranda after the boat accident?
(a) Dr. Francis.
12. What is outside of the theater when the Van Ryns go to see the play?
(a) An angry mob.
(b) A strike.
(c) Police men.
(d) A car accident.
13. What does Miranda think Nicholas is upset about when he is healing?
(a) Missing the parties of the season.
(b) Displaying weakness.
(c) Killing the boy.
(d) Having to be treated by Miranda.
14. What does Nicholas rescue from a cliff?
(a) A purse.
(b) An old man.
(c) A dog.
(d) A child.
15. Why does Nicholas decide to travel to the Pine Orchard Mountain House?
(a) He is avoiding seeing Jeff Turner.
(b) The heat gets too intense.
(c) He has business to attend there.
(d) Miranda asks to travel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miranda's baby die from?
2. What sickness does Miranda get after the boat accident?
3. What does Nicholas do to the boy who throws water at him?
4. What does Miranda wear when she hears that Nicholas is coming?
5. Where is Miranda taken after Nicholas hears she is pregnant?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)