|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day does Miranda prepare to leave her home?
(a) January 14.
(b) June 14.
(c) January 24.
(d) July 4.
2. How does Miranda's mother greet her when she returns from Dragonwyck?
3. How does Miranda's mother describe Nicholas?
(a) A shrewish rich man.
(b) A nobleman of virtue.
(c) A humble businessman.
(d) A very grand personage.
4. What does Nicholas give Miranda that bolsters her confidence?
(a) A book.
(b) A personal student.
(c) A new wardrobe.
(d) Her own room.
5. Where is Johanna kept in state after her death?
(a) The church.
(b) The dining hall.
(c) The red room.
(d) Her room.
6. Where are the De Greniers from?
7. Who walks alone behind Johanna's coffin?
8. Where does the beginning of this book take place?
(a) Salt Lake City.
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
9. Who arrives at Dragonwyck before the festivities of the Fourth of July are over?
(a) The land surveyors.
(b) The tax collectors.
(c) The tenant farmers.
(d) The doctors.
10. What is the name of Miranda's father?
11. What does Charity almost die from?
(b) Whooping Cough.
12. What brings the dancing to an end on the Fourth of July?
(a) A riot breaks out.
(b) It begins to rain.
(c) De Grenier slips and falls.
(d) A musician faints.
13. Who does Miranda spend most of her time with after the ball?
(c) De Grenier.
14. What is Fenimore Cooper's occupation?
15. Who does Miranda go looking for when she gets lonely?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miranda realize about Nicholas as he speaks to her on the boat?
2. What is the name of Nicholas's wife?
3. What is the name of Nicholas's daughter?
4. What is the name of the book Miranda is reading when her mother calls her?
5. What does Miranda offer Tibby as a gift when she returns from Dragonwyck?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)