|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Nicholas's hobby?
2. What does Johanna criticize most about Miranda?
(a) Her youth.
(b) Her clothing.
(c) Her voice.
(d) Her manners.
3. How is Miranda related to Nicholas?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) He is her uncle.
(c) He is her half-brother.
(d) He is a family friend.
4. Why is Miranda unable to sleep while in the hotel?
(a) Her surroundings are too unfamiliar.
(b) Nicholas is snoring.
(c) Her new nightgown in uncomfortable.
(d) There are no crickets in the city.
5. How long is the mourning period for Johanna supposed to be?
(a) Six months.
(b) One month.
(c) One forthnight.
(d) One year.
6. How old is Miranda at the beginning of the book?
7. Which of Miranda's siblings rides on the wagon with Miranda as she leaves for Dragonwyck?
8. How big is the hotel suite that Miranda is taken to at her first stop?
(a) Four rooms.
(b) Three rooms.
(c) One room.
(d) Two rooms.
9. What does De Grenier tell Nicholas he is too much of?
(d) Hot tempered.
10. What does Nicholas give Klaas Becker as he is ordered to leave?
(a) A map.
(b) An arrest warrant.
(c) Gold coins.
(d) A wagon and a horse.
11. What does Nicholas's wife always think about?
(d) Her clothing.
12. What does Klaas Becker do that causes a big scene?
(a) Accuses Nicholas of murder.
(b) Refuses to pay his rent.
(c) Hits Nicholas.
(d) Sings a slaving song.
13. What is the name of Johanna's maid?
14. What is brought to Nicholas by the people who come to Dragonwyck before the festivities of the Fourth of July are over?
(b) Figures and estimates.
(c) Fresh produce.
(d) New prescriptions.
15. What does Miranda offer Tibby as a gift when she returns from Dragonwyck?
(a) A novel.
(b) A silk dress.
(c) A ring.
(d) A necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miranda think of Johanna as she appears for the Fourth of July festivities?
2. Where does Nicholas spend most of his time after the day in town with Miranda?
3. What gift does Nicholas give Miranda after the ball?
4. Where are the De Greniers from?
5. Who is left in charge during the mourning time?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)