|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Van Ryns usually go after the New Year?
(c) New York.
(d) Washington D.C.
2. What does Nicholas dress up like on St. Nicholas Day?
(a) A chimney sweep.
(b) A clergyman.
(c) A pauper.
3. What does Miranda do when she is kissed during a game at the wedding?
(a) She faints.
(b) She breaks down in tears.
(c) She kisses him back.
(d) She slaps the boy.
4. Who does Miranda spend most of her time with after the ball?
(a) De Grenier.
5. How long is the mourning period for Johanna supposed to be?
(a) One year.
(b) Six months.
(c) One month.
(d) One forthnight.
6. Who is the highest ranking guest at the Fourth of July festivities?
(a) Earl De Grenier.
(b) Vice President Jefferson.
(c) President Van Buren.
(d) The Ambassador to Britain.
7. What does Jeff test the cake Johanna is eating for?
8. Who does Miranda go looking for when she gets lonely?
9. What is Dick's occupation?
10. What does Nicholas give Miranda after Johanna's death?
(a) A betrothal ring.
(b) Johanna's mirror.
(c) A wedding dress.
(d) A picture of himself.
11. What happens when the tenant farmers meet in Smoky Hollow?
(a) A snow storm blows in and some of them get frostbite.
(b) Whiskey is handed out and some property is destroyed.
(c) A boy is shot and dies.
(d) The group is outraged against the Van Ryns.
12. How does Miranda feel about the doctor that treats Katrine?
(a) She finds him attractive.
(b) She is annoyed by him.
(c) She is afraid of him.
(d) She is not impressed by him.
13. What is Dick Duyckman's occupation?
14. What is the first holiday Miranda enjoys while at Dragonwyck?
(a) Johanna's birthday.
(b) Independance Day.
(c) The Summer Solstice.
(d) Valentine's Day.
15. What does Jeff treat Johanna for after the New Year?
(b) A heavy cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Nicholas sit when he and his wife go out in the carriage?
2. How does Abigail feel as she prepares Miranda to leave for Dragonwyck?
3. What does Miranda accidentally see Nicholas doing during the summer?
4. Who walks alone behind Johanna's coffin?
5. Where does Nicholas spend most of his time after the day in town with Miranda?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)