|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Johanna describe winters at the manor?
2. How does Miranda's mother greet her when she returns from Dragonwyck?
3. What title does Mr. De Grenier hold?
4. Where is Miranda's quiet place?
(a) The family burial grounds.
(b) The attic.
(c) The branches of an old sycamore tree.
(d) The haystack in the barn.
5. What does Miranda offer Tibby as a gift when she returns from Dragonwyck?
(a) A ring.
(b) A novel.
(c) A silk dress.
(d) A necklace.
6. Where does the beginning of this book take place?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) Salt Lake City.
(c) New York.
(d) Washington D.C.
7. What is the name of Nicholas's daughter?
8. What does Miranda think of Johanna as she appears for the Fourth of July festivities?
(a) She looks crude.
(b) She looks refined.
(c) She looks annoyed.
(d) She looks older.
9. How does Miranda's mother describe Nicholas?
(a) A very grand personage.
(b) A humble businessman.
(c) A shrewish rich man.
(d) A nobleman of virtue.
10. Which of Miranda's siblings rides on the wagon with Miranda as she leaves for Dragonwyck?
11. Where does the dancing take place on the Fourth of July?
(a) The garden.
(b) The dining hall.
(c) The red room.
(d) The ballroom.
12. How does Nicholas treat De Grier after the party?
(a) He invites him over.
(b) He avoids him.
(c) He does not change at all towards him.
(d) He is hurtful to him.
13. Who does Miranda spend most of her time with after the ball?
(c) De Grenier.
14. Where is Miranda when she cries for the first time since leaving her house?
(a) The dining room.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) Her new bedroom.
(d) On the ferry.
15. What is Annetje's occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Miranda describe the day she spends in town when Katrine is taken to the doctor?
2. Who does Miranda tell her secret to?
3. What is the name of the city where the boat lands?
4. Who does Nicholas tell Miranda not to listen to while they talk on the boat?
5. What month is Tibby married in?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)