|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Miranda just before St. Nicholas's Day?
(a) She begins to bleed.
(b) She gets frequent headaches.
(c) She goes into labor.
(d) The baby moves.
2. What is outside of the theater when the Van Ryns go to see the play?
(a) A car accident.
(b) Police men.
(c) An angry mob.
(d) A strike.
3. What causes Miranda to feel guilty after hearing the story of Azilda?
(a) She does not say grace at dinner.
(b) She does not thank Nicholas for the gift.
(c) She does not write to her family.
(d) She is not reading her bible.
4. What is Dick's occupation?
5. How does Nicholas respond to the growing unrest among the tenant farmers?
(a) He has Smith arrested.
(b) He starts arming himself wherever he goes.
(c) He does not let anybody out of his estate.
(d) He remains complacent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day does Miranda prepare to leave her home?
2. How many times does Miranda get lost as she heads to town?
3. What is Greta's occupation?
4. How long does Nicholas mourn his dead son?
5. What does Nicholas talk about as they drive away from their wedding?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)