|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Windrider get the machine to the top of a hill?
2. Where does Windrider fly his flying machine?
3. Who helps Windrider build something in the back yard of the new home?
4. Where does Miss Whitlaw move after the earthquake?
5. What did the people have to wait for to return to the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Windrider make money while building his flying machine?
2. How is Windrider supported as he tries out his flying machine for the first time?
3. What secret does Robin share about the bullies?
4. How does Windrider test the science of the Wright flying machine?
5. What does Moon Shadow do at the Chinese New Year in the new house?
6. Why do children in the new area taunt Moon Shadow?
7. How does Moon Shadow try to help his father with his dream of building a flying machine?
8. What happens while Windrider is stargazing?
9. What allows Windrider to forgive Bright Star?
10. What does Windrider choose to do after the earthquake?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different lifestyles and creatures were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 3
How did Moon Shadow become friends with Robin, and why was this so surprising for this time in history?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)