|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Windrider to dip into his savings?
2. Who distracts Windrider from his depression?
3. Who helps Windrider build something in the back yard of the new home?
4. What is the most shaming thing for Windrider?
5. What is Windrider doing when he becomes depressed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Windrider react to Moon Shadow helping him attain his dream, and why?
2. What is the first thing Windrider does after the earthquake hits?
3. What happens just before Windrider is able to fly his flying machine?
4. How does Moon Shadow respond to the bullying he encounters in the new neighborhood?
5. Why is Bright Star so adamant about not leaving the Company after the earthquake?
6. Who goes on a picnic with Windrider, and what do they do?
7. What does the military do with the Tangs after the earthquake?
8. How does Windrider make money while building his flying machine?
9. How does Windrider convince Bright Star to leave the Company after the earthquake?
10. How does Moon Shadow gain a strong relationship with Miss Whitlaw?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hypocrisy was an attribute that was highlighted in this book. Where did hypocrisy appear, and how did the inclusion of this attribute affect Jamal throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
Gangs were a very prevalent theme in this book. How did this theme affect the main characters?
Essay Topic 3
What was Windrider's dream, how did he interpret it, and what effects did this have on his life?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)