|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Moon Shadow to the Feast of Pure Brightness?
2. How is Windrider asked to help Bright Star?
3. What is declared in the city after the natural disaster?
4. What kind of building does Windrider live in after the earthquake?
5. How does the book end?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens just before Windrider is able to fly his flying machine?
2. Why does Windrider not build a second flying machine?
3. What leads Robin to become friends with Moon Shadow?
4. Why do children in the new area taunt Moon Shadow?
5. What does Miss Whitlaw do after the earthquake, and why?
6. Who goes on a picnic with Windrider, and what do they do?
7. What goes wrong during Windrider's first time in the flying machine?
8. What secret does Robin share about the bullies?
9. How does Robin feel about the way Moon Shadow handles his bullying?
10. What happens while Windrider is stargazing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was Black Dog addicted to, and how did this addiction affect the people around him?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Hypocrisy was an attribute that was highlighted in this book. Where did hypocrisy appear, and how did the inclusion of this attribute affect Jamal throughout the book?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)