|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the lead bully hate?
2. Who rounds up the Tangs?
3. What causes Bright Star to leave the city?
4. How is Windrider asked to help Bright Star?
5. Who tells Moon Shadow about what the lead bully hates?
Short Essay Questions
1. What goes wrong during Windrider's first time in the flying machine?
2. How does Windrider test the science of the Wright flying machine?
3. Why do children in the new area taunt Moon Shadow?
4. What allows Windrider to forgive Bright Star?
5. How does Moon Shadow use the information given to him about the bullies?
6. What secret does Robin share about the bullies?
7. How does Moon Shadow respond to the bullying he encounters in the new neighborhood?
8. What is the first thing Windrider does after the earthquake hits?
9. What does Moon Shadow do at the Chinese New Year in the new house?
10. How is Windrider supported as he tries out his flying machine for the first time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Moon Shadow become friends with Robin, and why was this so surprising for this time in history?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
How did the earthquake effect the plot? Which characters were most put out after this natural disaster, and why?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)