|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the refugees sleep after leaving the city?
2. How big of a share does Windrider get in the Company?
3. How is Windrider asked to help Bright Star?
4. Why did Mother teach Moon Shadow to treat people in a certain way?
5. Who meets Windrider at Miss Whitlaw's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Moon Shadow respond to the bullying he encounters in the new neighborhood?
2. What goes wrong during Windrider's first time in the flying machine?
3. What allows Windrider to forgive Bright Star?
4. What leads Robin to become friends with Moon Shadow?
5. Why do children in the new area taunt Moon Shadow?
6. What is the first thing Windrider does after the earthquake hits?
7. What happens while Windrider is stargazing?
8. How does Moon Shadow try to help his father with his dream of building a flying machine?
9. What secret does Robin share about the bullies?
10. How does Bright Star feel about Windrider's decision after the earthqauke?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the earthquake effect the plot? Which characters were most put out after this natural disaster, and why?
Essay Topic 2
What was Black Dog addicted to, and how did this addiction affect the people around him?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things that they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)