|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a queue?
2. How do some men return from America?
3. What does Windrider choose to do after killing some gang members?
4. How many people travel with Moon Shadow to America?
5. Whom does the owner of the Company of the Peach Orchard Vow not want to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Moon Shadow feel about the stained glass window, and why?
2. What was Windrider told in his great dream?
3. What does Moon Shadow call Americans, and why?
4. Why does Moon Shadow move to a house in the city?
5. How does Windrider get Black Dog safely home?
6. What is most upsetting to Bright Star about Black Dog?
7. What does Handclap tutor Moon shadow on during their trip to America?
8. What does Moon Shadow find strange about his father's room?
9. Where does Windrider find Black Dog after he goes missing?
10. Why were so many Chinese men unable to return to China after moving to America?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did the flying machine mean to Windrider, and how did it affect his life and his view on reality?
Essay Topic 2
Belonging and having security were two themes present in this novel. Where did these themes appear, and which characters were most motivated by them?
Essay Topic 3
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)