|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Windrider think he is now a man in this life?
2. How old is Moon Shadow at the beginning of the book?
3. Why are Windrider's letters read to his wife?
4. What does Moon Shadow want to teach Miss Whitlaw about?
5. Who reads Windrider's letters to his wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Handclap tutor Moon shadow on during their trip to America?
2. What special job for the company is Moon Shadow given?
3. What happens when Windrider repairs a car?
4. How did Moon Shadow's grandfather die?
5. How does Bright Star feel about what Windrider hopes to build? Why does he feel this way?
6. How does Windrider intend to live his life, and why?
7. Where does Windrider find Black Dog after he goes missing?
8. What is most upsetting to Bright Star about Black Dog?
9. Why did Moon Shadow's father take Windrider as his new name in America?
10. Why does Handclap choose to return to America a second time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were Moon Shadow's thoughts on education, and how did this change his actions? How did his ideas change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity was a major theme in this book as many different lifestyles and creatures were involved. How was this theme shown in this book, and why do you think the author felt it was so important?
Essay Topic 3
How did Moon Shadow deal with the bullying he received, and what did this indicate about his behavior?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)