|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Black Dog lives with _____________.
2. What does Moon Shadow not like about the stained glass window?
3. What is Windrider's part of the town called?
4. How do some men return from America?
5. Why does Windrider think he is now a man in this life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Moon Shadow about the white people in America?
2. What causes Windrider to regret saving Black Dog's life?
3. What happens when Windrider goes to confront Black Dog?
4. How does Windrider intend to live his life, and why?
5. What does Windrider do for a living?
6. How has Moon Shadow come to respect his father?
7. What do Windrider's co-workers do for him when Moon Shadow arrives?
8. What special job for the company is Moon Shadow given?
9. Why is Windrider a partner in the Company of the Peach Orchard Vow?
10. What does Windrider want to make with all the mechanical parts in his room?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Hypocrisy was an attribute that was highlighted in this book. Where did hypocrisy appear, and how did the inclusion of this attribute affect Jamal throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
How did Moon Shadow become friends with Robin, and why was this so surprising for this time in history?
Essay Topic 3
How did Moon Shadow deal with the bullying he received, and what did this indicate about his behavior?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)