|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who goes with Moon Shadow and Windrider on their picnic?
(a) White Deer.
2. Who meets Windrider at Miss Whitlaw's house?
(a) Black Dog.
(c) White Deer.
3. How does Windrider get the machine to the top of a hill?
(a) He pulls it up with Windrider.
(b) He flies it up.
(c) Horses drag it.
(d) It is taken on a cart.
4. What causes Robin to question Moon Shadow when she first meets him?
(a) Watching him deal with bullies.
(b) Hearing him teach Miss Whitlaw.
(c) Listening to his prayers.
(d) Trying his strange food.
5. What does Moon Shadow receive from the person he wrote a letter to?
(c) A polite refusal.
(d) A form letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Windrider devote his time to after the earthquake?
2. What does Windrider choose to do with his Company share?
3. Where does the City take refuge?
4. Where do the refugees sleep after leaving the city?
5. What did the people have to wait for to return to the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens while Windrider is stargazing?
2. How is Windrider supported as he tries out his flying machine for the first time?
3. How does Bright Star feel about Windrider's decision after the earthqauke?
4. What happens just before Windrider is able to fly his flying machine?
5. What does Moon Shadow do at the Chinese New Year in the new house?
6. What favor does Lefty ask of Windrider after the earthquake?
7. What does the military do with the Tangs after the earthquake?
8. What does Miss Whitlaw do after the earthquake, and why?
9. Who goes on a picnic with Windrider, and what do they do?
10. How does Moon Shadow gain a strong relationship with Miss Whitlaw?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)