|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Windrider choose to do with his Company share?
(a) Buy a house.
(b) Pay off his debt.
(c) Bring his wife to America.
(d) Build a second company site.
2. Why does Moon Shadow write a letter to someone?
(a) To ask for peace so he can go back to Chinatown.
(b) To get permission to bring his mother there.
(c) To get help with the flying machine.
(d) To ask to return to China.
3. How is Windrider able to offer forgiveness for the offense that made him move?
(a) He receives a letter.
(b) Brigth Star takes him to a festival.
(c) He is given a raise.
(d) Black Dog dies.
4. Why did Mother teach Moon Shadow to treat people in a certain way?
(a) They might have been a ruler in a previous life.
(b) Their spirits might be older than yours.
(c) You never know who wants to hurt you.
(d) He was a ruler in a previous life.
5. How does Moon Shadow describe dragons?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Windrider see Miss Whitlaw off after the earthqauke?
2. What does Robin question about Moon Shadow?
3. How did Mother teach Moon Shadow to treat others?
4. Where do the refugees sleep after leaving the city?
5. Why does Miss Whitlaw move after the earthquake?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens just before Windrider is able to fly his flying machine?
2. How does Windrider convince Bright Star to leave the Company after the earthquake?
3. Who goes on a picnic with Windrider, and what do they do?
4. How does Windrider react to Moon Shadow helping him attain his dream, and why?
5. How does Moon Shadow gain a strong relationship with Miss Whitlaw?
6. What does Moon Shadow do at the Chinese New Year in the new house?
7. What secret does Robin share about the bullies?
8. What does Miss Whitlaw do after the earthquake, and why?
9. Why do children in the new area taunt Moon Shadow?
10. How does Windrider test the science of the Wright flying machine?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)