|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Bright Star so upset about Black Dog's addiction?
(a) Black Dog is his best worker.
(b) Black Dog was a good client.
(c) Black Dog is his nephew.
(d) Black Dog is his son.
2. Where is Moon Shadow held before he can see his father?
(a) A prison.
(b) The ship.
(c) An office.
(d) A warehouse.
3. Who spoke to Windrider in his great dream?
(a) A queen.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A slave.
(d) A king.
4. How does Moon Shadow describe Miss Whitlaw?
5. Why are Windrider's letters read to his wife?
(a) She is in denial of his absence.
(b) She is blind.
(c) She cannot read.
(d) She likes the sound.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Windrider think he died in his former life?
2. What does Windrider say white people do not know the truth about?
3. What does Moon Shadow have to prove when he gets to America?
4. What do Windrider's friends think about his dream?
5. What does Moon Shadow call cars?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Moon Shadow move to a house in the city?
2. Why did so many Chinese men live in America at this time?
3. What does Moon Shadow like to learn from his father while working?
4. What is most upsetting to Bright Star about Black Dog?
5. What does Windrider want to make with all the mechanical parts in his room?
6. What happens when Windrider repairs a car?
7. What surprises Moon Shadow about the white people in America?
8. How does Bright Star feel about what Windrider hopes to build? Why does he feel this way?
9. What does Moon Shadow find strange about his father's room?
10. Why does Handclap choose to return to America a second time?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)