|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person waiting at the house do to help Miss Whitlaw?
(a) Washes her clothes.
(b) Shares his food.
(c) Loads her belongings.
(d) Gives her a map.
2. What is Bright Star's most valued possession?
(a) His dog.
(b) His son.
(c) His land.
(d) His citizenship papers.
3. What causes Windrider to dip into his savings?
(a) Paying rent for the warehouse.
(b) Moon Shadow's schooling.
(c) He gets sick.
(d) Buying parts for his machine.
4. What city does Windrider move to after the earthquake?
(c) San Diego.
5. What does Moon Shadow receive from the person he wrote a letter to?
(a) A polite refusal.
(d) A form letter.
6. How long does it take for Windrider to build his flying machine?
(a) Four years.
(b) Three years.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
7. What does Windrider like to watch flying?
8. What job does Moon Shadow take after the earthquake?
(a) Laundry folder.
(b) Delivery boy.
(c) Note taker.
(d) Teacher's assistant.
9. Who taunts Moon Shadow in his new home?
(a) The repairmen.
(b) Kids at school.
(d) Neighbor children.
10. How does the lead bully feel about Moon Shadow after he uses his weakness against him?
(a) He hates him more.
(b) His feelings don't change at all.
(c) He is afraid of him.
(d) He respects him.
11. Why does Moon Shadow write a letter to someone?
(a) To ask for peace so he can go back to Chinatown.
(b) To get permission to bring his mother there.
(c) To ask to return to China.
(d) To get help with the flying machine.
12. What is Windrider depressed about?
(a) Seeing his son fight.
(b) Losing his job.
(c) Not succeeding in his dream.
(d) Being away from his wife.
13. Who helps Windrider build something in the back yard of the new home?
(a) Moon Shadow.
(c) Miss Whitlaw.
(d) All of these.
14. What does Windrider try to build in the back yard of the new home?
(a) A windmill.
(b) A large kite.
(c) A flying machine.
(d) A car.
15. What does Moon Shadow always do right after waking?
(b) His chores.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Windrider asked to help Bright Star?
2. Who meets Windrider at Miss Whitlaw's house?
3. What does Moon Shadow teach about?
4. Who goes with Moon Shadow and Windrider on their picnic?
5. What kind of buildings are next to Miss Whitlaw's house?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)