Chapter 1, The Land of the Demons
1. How old is Moon Shadow at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Moon Shadow call America?
(a) Land of the Golden Mountain.
(b) Land of Dreams.
(c) The Place of Bounty.
(d) The Freedom Place.
3. Why does Moon Shadow's father live in America?
(a) To find his family.
(b) To make his fortune.
(c) To build a company.
(d) To avoid the law.
4. How many times has Moon Shadow met his father at the beginning of the book?
5. What did Moon Shadow's father build before he left for America?
6. Why are Windrider's letters read to his wife?
(a) She likes the sound.
(b) She is blind.
(c) She cannot read.
(d) She is in denial of his absence.
7. Who reads Windrider's letters to his wife?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Moon Shadow.
(c) Her mother.
(d) The teacher.
8. How does Windrider's wife send letters to him?
(a) She writes in Chinese.
(b) She tells Moon Shadow to write what is happening.
(c) She dictates them.
(d) She draws pictures.
This section contains 3,604 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)