|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is dominant in the fire lizards' eyes?
2. What did Menolly assure Camo?
3. What did Sebell ask Menolly if she always used?
4. What did Sebell thank Menolly for?
5. Who is Menolly to not pay as much attention to in regards to her studies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Master Domick's reaction change to Menolly from the last time they had met?
2. How did Silvina act towards Menolly's lack of desire for finery? What is the rationale behind these decisions?
3. How does Menolly react to being summoned? How is this indicative of how she has been treated?
4. Why did Menolly confess her past to the two people?
5. Why couldn't Sebell give the Masterharper the queen fire lizard?
6. What hidden message does Menolly tell to Sebell while they are talking with the two other Harpers after playing together?
7. What actually happened at Benden Weyr?
8. Why shouldn't Menolly bring her fire lizards to the gather?
9. How did Sebell and Robinton gain a newfound respect for Menolly?
10. How did Menolly believe she had erred after playing with the three Harpers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although Pona is an inept musician, she still has pull within the Harper hall due to her rank. Is rank as important as apprenticeship? Why is it of so little importance to Menolly? For what reason is it so important to Pona?
Essay Topic 2
Describe how Menolly's loyalty to the Masterharper and to Journeyman Sebell manifests itself in chapter eight. In what way does she prove where her loyalties lie? How does her explanation to the events that occurred during the fire lizards Impression put an end to all of the rumors?
Essay Topic 3
How did Robinton react to the hatching of his fire lizard? What did he learn from it, and how could it pose as a great boon to him? How is this a whole new world for him, and yet how can it serve him within the confines of Masterharper?
This section contains 1,002 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)