|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sea hold boy jumped to Menolly's defense?
2. How does Menolly feel about the clothes and the room?
3. What did Sebell ask Menolly if she always used?
4. What did Menolly experience when she was conducting the group?
5. What sours Domick?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why couldn't Sebell give the Masterharper the queen fire lizard?
2. What actually happened at Benden Weyr?
3. Why shouldn't Menolly bring her fire lizards to the gather?
4. How did Silvina act towards Menolly's lack of desire for finery? What is the rationale behind these decisions?
5. How did Menolly believe she had erred after playing with the three Harpers?
6. Why did Menolly confess her past to the two people?
7. Who was the Masterharper and Menolly both concerned for?
8. What did the Masterharper mean when he was told her she was his apprentice?
9. What did Menolly hesitate on telling Master Domick?
10. Why doesn't Menolly have to sit classes with Master Morshal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the way of life of the people of the Sea Hold, and those in the Harper Hall. Which one is more difficult and why? Which one takes the most amount of stress and concentration to operate? Why is this?
Essay Topic 2
How did Menolly view life in a Harper Hall, and how was it in actuality, different? How is this an open expression by the author of Menolly's innocence? How is her view of the Harper hall in actuality, and what does this represent? In what way is Menolly's outlook still very innocent?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the insatiable envy of the people of the Harpers Hall for Menolly and her way of life. How is her way of life a happy accident, and therefore nothing to be proud of? What kinds of things might they not have envied if they would have known her past?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)