|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Silvina say is a miracle?
2. Who are Menolly's songs important to?
3. Who else's fire lizard has started to sing?
4. What was the sin Menolly had committed in Dunca's cot?
5. What about Menolly's thoughts appalled her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Sebell and Robinton gain a newfound respect for Menolly?
2. How did Menolly react to having two whole marks to herself?
3. What did the Masterharper mean when he was told her she was his apprentice?
4. Why shouldn't Menolly bring her fire lizards to the gather?
5. What worried Menolly in regards to Sebell's desire to learn how to sail?
6. Why did Menolly become angry after Lord Groghe left?
7. Why doesn't Menolly have to sit classes with Master Morshal?
8. How did Silvina act towards Menolly's lack of desire for finery? What is the rationale behind these decisions?
9. What impression did Menolly get from the fire lizards?
10. Why did Menolly confess her past to the two people?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe how Menolly's loyalty to the Masterharper and to Journeyman Sebell manifests itself in chapter eight. In what way does she prove where her loyalties lie? How does her explanation to the events that occurred during the fire lizards Impression put an end to all of the rumors?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the ways in which the Masterharper and Silvina provide the much needed parental love that Menolly has been lacking. In what ways is this so desperately needed by Menolly? Speculate on how she would fare without this influence.
Essay Topic 3
How did Robinton react to the hatching of his fire lizard? What did he learn from it, and how could it pose as a great boon to him? How is this a whole new world for him, and yet how can it serve him within the confines of Masterharper?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)