|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color was the belt that was so pretty?
2. What was the Masterharper seemingly disappointed about?
(a) His fire lizard was unfriendly.
(b) His fire lizard would do nothing but eat and sleep.
(c) All of these.
(d) He couldn't teach Menolly to compose.
3. What did Menolly experience when she was conducting the group?
(a) Intense excitement.
(b) A born gift, shining through her.
(c) A high level of nervousness.
(d) A strange thrill of power.
4. What is Silvina mad at herself for?
(a) Both of these.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Giving Dunca a chance to snipe at her.
(d) Not thinking.
5. How many marks was Menolly given?
(a) A half.
(d) One and a half.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Pona insult Menolly?
2. What article of clothing did the Masterharper want Menolly to buy?
3. What did Sebell not expect from the fire lizards' skin?
4. What was the first thing Menolly did when she woke up?
5. For how many days will the fire lizards do little but eat and sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Masterharper prepare for a situation that Sebell did not?
2. How does Menolly react to being summoned? How is this indicative of how she has been treated?
3. What favors had Menolly done the Masterharper and Sebell that day?
4. What actually happened at Benden Weyr?
5. What did the Masterharper mean when he was told her she was his apprentice?
6. Why couldn't Sebell give the Masterharper the queen fire lizard?
7. Why shouldn't Menolly bring her fire lizards to the gather?
8. Why did Menolly cry insult from Pona? How did Sebell react to this?
9. What worried Menolly in regards to Sebell's desire to learn how to sail?
10. How did Menolly believe she had erred after playing with the three Harpers?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)