|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What article of clothing did the Masterharper want Menolly to buy?
(a) A skirt.
(b) A belt.
(c) A new tunic.
(d) New boots.
2. What does Robinton ask Menolly to tell him about?
(a) Any unusual doings of the fire lizards.
(b) If she has any other strange visions with the fire lizards.
(c) Anything that troubles her in the hall.
(d) Anything they can do to make her more comfortable.
3. What color is dominant in the fire lizards' eyes?
4. What color was the bolt of fabric that Silvina brought out for Menolly?
5. Who else congratulated Menolly?
(b) Lord Groghe.
(d) Master Jerint.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sea hold boy jumped to Menolly's defense?
2. Who does everyone but the Masterharper and Menolly seem to be afraid of?
3. Who does Menolly admit her past to?
4. "The sky seemed to be as _____ with dragons as just recently it must have been with Thread."
5. What fire lizard hatched first?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Sebell and Robinton gain a newfound respect for Menolly?
2. What struck Menolly about the way Camo asked her if he could feed the fire lizards again?
3. Why shouldn't Menolly bring her fire lizards to the gather?
4. What actually happened at Benden Weyr?
5. What hidden message does Menolly tell to Sebell while they are talking with the two other Harpers after playing together?
6. How did Silvina act towards Menolly's lack of desire for finery? What is the rationale behind these decisions?
7. Why did the Master tanner not charge Menolly for the belt?
8. How did Menolly believe she had erred after playing with the three Harpers?
9. Why did Menolly cry insult from Pona? How did Sebell react to this?
10. How did Master Domick's reaction change to Menolly from the last time they had met?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)