|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impression did Morshal have of Menolly's knowledge of musical theory?
(a) That she wouldn't know theory if it hit her across the head.
(b) That she knew little.
(c) That she knew more than she let on.
(d) That she knew a lot.
2. What did Menolly consider to get Dunca to leave her alone?
(a) Telling the Masterharper about the way she was treated.
(b) Calling Beauty to her.
(c) Calling all her lizards to her.
(d) Asking to change locations.
3. Which fire lizard adopted Camo as the feeding perch?
(a) All of these.
(b) Aunty Two.
(c) Aunty One.
4. Why didn't Menolly consider licking the juice from her fingers from the redfruit?
(a) The girls would think ill of her.
(b) The girls were too stuffy and would stare.
(c) It was poor manners and the girls are obviously haughty.
(d) None of these.
5. What word couldn't the young apprentice, Piemur, pronounce?
Short Answer Questions
1. What bemused Menolly?
2. What entranced Camo?
3. Why had Silvina called Menolly considerate?
4. What kinds of sounds were indicative of workshop industry?
5. What was the name of the bronze dragon that Menolly rode in on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does it mean to 'rank' someone?
2. What startled Menolly about the way Master Jerint was addressed by the stocky man who was wearing faded journeyman's markings?
3. Why did Menolly find little to criticize in the fire lizards' singing?
4. In what way was Dunca's reaction to Menolly feeding her fire lizards hypocritical?
5. Why does Menolly sigh when Piemur explains what it means to 'walk the tables'?
6. Why did Menolly wish that she could go between?
7. What seems to be the attitude of Master Morshal's opinion of women as harpers?
8. How does Menolly present herself as being possessed of quiet dignity?
9. How did all the other Masters aside from Master Morshal treat Menolly?
10. Why didn't Menolly continue talking to the obviously friendly Audiva?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)