|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Menolly to bring to Master Jerint?
(a) Her gitar.
(b) An open mind.
(c) Her pipes.
(d) Her fire lizards.
2. What did Master Jerint do that Beauty liked?
(a) Stroked her headknob.
(b) Tapped her headknob.
(c) Stroked her wings.
(d) Scratched her headknob.
3. What was the unexpected mercy?
(a) That Dunca didn't want to see her into her furs.
(b) That Dunca didn't answer.
(c) That Dunca wasn't home.
(d) That Dunca left her alone.
4. How were girls treated at the Harper Hall?
(a) As inferiors.
(c) As betters.
5. What horrified Menolly about what Master Oldive said?
(a) She might never regain the use of her hand.
(b) She would never amount to anything.
(c) She might never walk properly again if she didn't stay off her feet.
(d) Beauty had patchy skin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the major social blunder that Menolly did?
2. Why did Beauty keep staring at Piemur?
3. Who did Menolly wish was there?
4. What did Sebell want from Menolly?
5. What was strange for Menolly not to smell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What seems to be the attitude of Master Morshal's opinion of women as harpers?
2. Why does Menolly sigh when Piemur explains what it means to 'walk the tables'?
3. Who was supposed to give Menolly her first lesson for the day, and how was she to have been told?
4. Why did Menolly find little to criticize in the fire lizards' singing?
5. Why did Menolly berate herself in her previous Hold?
6. What was strange to Menolly about the closings on the doors?
7. What does it mean to 'walk the tables'?
8. How did Menolly imagine life in the Harper Hall?
9. Why couldn't Menolly run away from the throng of people?
10. How did all the other Masters aside from Master Morshal treat Menolly?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)