|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Piemur's foster mother always tell him?
(a) That they would be fine in the morning with a good night's rest under their ear.
(b) That a good nights rest healed all that ails.
(c) That a good nights rest will do wonders for any pain.
(d) That they would be fine after a good nights rest.
2. Where was Menolly told to report to?
(a) Master Jerint.
(b) Master Oldive.
(c) Master Domick.
(d) Journeyman Sebell.
3. What was the difference between the way Menolly ate and the way the other girls ate?
(a) The girls said prayers first before eating.
(b) Menolly ate smaller portions.
(c) Menolly ate heartily and zestfully.
(d) The girls ate only salad and with better table manners.
4. What was the unexpected mercy?
(a) That Dunca wasn't home.
(b) That Dunca didn't want to see her into her furs.
(c) That Dunca didn't answer.
(d) That Dunca left her alone.
5. What did Beauty alert Menolly to?
(a) The fact that she was lonely and needed love.
(b) That Menolly had rolled over on her.
(c) The fact that there were other fire lizards outside.
(d) That she wanted to sing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kinds of sounds were indicative of workshop industry?
2. What did the Masterharper want Menolly to do?
3. What was strange for Menolly not to smell?
4. Who was the girl who had become outranked by Menolly's presence?
5. What did Sebell want from Menolly?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the boys at the Harper Hall act differently from those at the Half Sea Hold?
2. Who is Master Harper Robinton the son of, and why did this surprise Menolly?
3. What seems to be the attitude of Master Morshal's opinion of women as harpers?
4. In what way was Dunca's reaction to Menolly feeding her fire lizards hypocritical?
5. Why was everyone shocked that Menolly had Impressed nine fire lizards?
6. How does Menolly present herself as being possessed of quiet dignity?
7. Why does Menolly sigh when Piemur explains what it means to 'walk the tables'?
8. What was strange to Menolly about the closings on the doors?
9. Why was Menolly's arrival at the Harper Craft Hall a triumphal success?
10. Why was rehearsal usually fun?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)