|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Menolly wince?
(a) The salve she applied to her feet hurt.
(b) Neither of these.
(c) Both of these.
(d) Her scar had a dull throb.
2. What phrase had made Menolly mad regarding what Master Morshal had said?
(a) That women were incapable of anything past cooking and cleaning.
(b) That she dared believe that a woman could be a musician and songwriter.
(c) That it was not a woman's place to be a harper and she proved it.
(d) That she 'presumed' to be a harper and pretended to compose music.
3. How does Beauty smell?
4. What did Beauty alert Menolly to?
(a) The fact that there were other fire lizards outside.
(b) That she wanted to sing.
(c) The fact that she was lonely and needed love.
(d) That Menolly had rolled over on her.
5. What did Menolly have to get from inside the cot?
(a) Her pipes.
(b) Her gitar.
(c) Her notebooks.
(d) None of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What smell didn't fill the air when Menolly got up?
2. Why was Dunca grumbling about Petiron?
3. Why did Dunca dislike Menolly?
4. What did Piemur's foster mother always tell him?
5. Why is it good that Dunca is strict?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was everyone shocked that Menolly had Impressed nine fire lizards?
2. In what way was Dunca's reaction to Menolly feeding her fire lizards hypocritical?
3. How did Menolly imagine life in the Harper Hall?
4. What seems to be the attitude of Master Morshal's opinion of women as harpers?
5. Why does Menolly sigh when Piemur explains what it means to 'walk the tables'?
6. Why did Menolly berate herself in her previous Hold?
7. Why does Menolly avoid mentioning the amount of fire lizards she Impressed?
8. Where does Pona's uncle suggest that the weyrmen should be going?
9. Why did Menolly find little to criticize in the fire lizards' singing?
10. What does it mean to 'rank' someone?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)