|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Menolly wish was there?
(b) Masterharper Robinton.
(d) Her friends from the Hold.
2. Who were the first to leave their tables?
(a) Male apprentices.
(b) Both of these.
(c) Female apprentices.
(d) Neither of these.
3. Who is the new queen's weyrwoman?
(a) Tarina of Ruatha Hold.
(b) Talina of Boll Hold.
(c) Talina of Ruatha Hold.
(d) Talina of Benden Weyr.
4. What Master finally realized that Menolly's fire lizards reacted to her emotion?
(a) Master Domick.
(b) Master Morshal.
(c) Master Jerint.
(d) Master Shonagar.
5. How many more days did Silvina tell Dunca it was until the next Threadfall?
(a) Four days.
(b) Two days.
(c) Five days.
(d) Three days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why didn't Menolly want to go into the cot?
2. Which Master was hard on Menolly?
3. What is the problem of the girls?
4. What was the difference between the way Menolly ate and the way the other girls ate?
5. Why did Dunca dislike Menolly?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were the other girls mad at Menolly?
2. Who was supposed to give Menolly her first lesson for the day, and how was she to have been told?
3. Why would the fire lizards eat pretty much any time?
4. Why was rehearsal usually fun?
5. How did Menolly imagine life in the Harper Hall?
6. How did the boys at the Harper Hall act differently from those at the Half Sea Hold?
7. What does it mean to 'walk the tables'?
8. Why did Menolly find little to criticize in the fire lizards' singing?
9. Who is Master Harper Robinton the son of, and why did this surprise Menolly?
10. What seems to be the attitude of Master Morshal's opinion of women as harpers?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)