|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Menolly considers herself what?
(a) A substitute teacher.
(b) An apprentice teacher.
(c) A journeyman.
(d) An apprentice fire lizard trainer, and the only successful one on Pern.
2. Who else congratulated Menolly?
(a) Master Jerint.
(d) Lord Groghe.
3. How does the Masterharper distract Lord Groghe?
(a) With the promise of vodka.
(b) With the promise of good Benden wine.
(c) With good Belden wine.
(d) With the promise of strong Weltish ale.
4. How does the Masterharper discipline those who bore the brunt of the fire lizards' attacks?
(a) He tells them that he is going to send them back to their Holds.
(b) He dismisses them permanently from the gather.
(c) He sends them away from the gather.
(d) All of these.
5. How does Menolly react to being summoned?
(a) Like a whipped puppy.
(b) With confidence and curiosity.
(c) As though she's in trouble.
(d) As though she's going to get expelled from the Harper Craft Hall.
6. What did Sebell name his queen?
7. What does Silvina say is a miracle?
(a) That the Masterharper was pleased with his bronze.
(b) That the Masterharper is asleep with neither wine nor fellis juice.
(c) That the Masterharper successfully Impressed his bronze.
(d) That the Masterharper is so happy and looks so relaxed.
8. Why wasn't Camo an asset in the fight?
(a) All of these.
(b) He didn't know how to fight.
(c) He hit friend and foe alike.
(d) He took the side of the foes.
9. How does Menolly feel about the clothes and the room?
(a) They aren't good enough for her.
(b) They are too expensive for her.
(c) They are both too fine for her.
(d) They aren't up to par with what the other girls are wearing and where they are sleeping..
10. Where did Menolly's fire lizards go?
(a) To the Red Star.
(b) To the cot Menolly had previously stayed at.
(c) To Benden Weyr.
(d) To the Half Sea Hold.
11. Who does Menolly admit her past to?
(a) Piemur and Audiva.
(b) Piemur and Sebell.
(c) Audiva and Sebell.
(d) The Masterharper and Piemur.
12. What did Silvina mean that Menolly had lived too long alone?
(a) That she had lost respect for the consequence of her actions.
(b) That she didn't respect her elders.
(c) That she hadn't been among people that understood her.
(d) That she hadn't gained an iota of social decorum.
13. What color was the bolt of fabric that Silvina brought out for Menolly?
14. What does the Masterharper tell Menolly and Audiva?
(a) That Pona would be dismissed from the Hall.
(b) That Pona was in the right.
(c) That Pona will not bother them any further.
(d) That they shouldn't have fought with the Holders.
15. What injury did Menolly give the Lord Holder's son?
(a) A broken nose.
(b) A split lip.
(c) All of these.
(d) A colored eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what Menolly was allowed to balk at her singing lessons?
2. What article of clothing did the Masterharper want Menolly to buy?
3. What was the name of Pona's date to the gather?
4. What was the sin Menolly had committed in Dunca's cot?
5. What does Robinton ask Menolly to tell him about?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)