|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Menolly experience when she was conducting the group?
(a) A strange thrill of power.
(b) A high level of nervousness.
(c) Intense excitement.
(d) A born gift, shining through her.
2. What sours Domick?
(a) Having to repeat himself.
(b) Having to train idiots.
(c) Having to teach the girls.
(d) Playing with people who have no talent.
3. What would cause Abuna's black scowl?
(a) Fire lizards in the kitchen.
(b) Fire lizards in the food.
(c) None of these.
(d) Fire lizards flying about in the kitchen.
4. What did Sebell thank Menolly for?
(a) All of these.
(b) Helping him with Kimi.
(c) Saving his dignity.
(d) Stopping Kimi from hurting him.
5. What color is dominant in the fire lizards' eyes?
6. What did Menolly scream?
(a) Don't leave me! I love you!
(b) Don't you dare go without me!
(c) Don't leave me alone!
(d) Please don't leave me!
7. What did Piemur receive for his trouble in selling the pipes and the tambourine?
(a) A half mark.
(b) Three quarters mark.
(c) A mark.
(d) A eighth mark.
8. What was Menolly worried about in the hatching?
(a) That they would fly away.
(b) That they wouldn't feed the lizards fast enough.
(c) That the little bronze would choke in its greed for food.
(d) All of these.
9. What prevents a man of the Sea Hold from playing music?
(c) All of these.
10. What was interesting about the watch dragon?
(a) None of these.
(b) He went between riderless.
(c) He launched riderless.
(d) All of these.
11. What did the Harper name his bronze?
12. What did Menolly get for a bed?
(a) An apprentice cot.
(b) Two apprentice cots lashed together.
(c) A fine feathered bed.
(d) A doublewide apprentice cot.
13. What fire lizard hatched first?
(a) A queen.
(b) A bronze.
(c) A green.
(d) A brown.
14. Who else's fire lizard has started to sing?
(a) Mirrim's brown.
(b) Lord Groghe's queen.
(c) Mirrim's greens.
(d) F'nor's green.
15. What is a Mark?
(a) A grade.
(b) A skill.
(c) A bartering tool.
(d) A form of currency.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was most urgent in Menolly's estimation?
2. Whose apprentice is Menolly?
3. What edible item did the Masterharper want Menolly to get?
4. What had made Dunca 'incensed'?
5. How many pies did Piemur get for the price of six?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)