|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was in the water that Berem and Caramon were crossing?
2. What is the golden dragon's name?
3. Why hasn't Berem gone to Neraka before?
4. What is Riverwind to do if he sees any sign of the man that came into their chambers?
5. What Order did the clerics who harassed Tas belong to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What argument did Caramon make to the mage that was overseeing Raistlin's trials to attempt to save his brother?
2. What did Tanis realize too late?
3. Why was Tanis closely examining the map? What was notable about it?
4. What had made the Dark Queen excited?
5. What offer does Tanis make Kitiara? How does he justify this?
6. Why was the group extraordinarily lucky in chapter two, "The Golden Span"?
7. Who is Fizban revealed to be? What does this mean and how does he react to their reaction?
8. What leads the fishermen to their conclusions about the group of companions?
9. What offer is made to Laurana?
10. Why did Laurana feel like a fraud?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the social order of the group. Who is at the top, and who is at the bottom? Speculate on the reason for such an order, and why it is that Tanis specifically is their leader.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Kitiara's conversations with Lord Soth. How did these conversations illustrate the personality she was trying to reinvent for herself? Do you think she meant the things she had said to Soth? Why or why not? Is it likely that Kitiara is actually as bad a person as she portrays herself to be? How can you prove your answer?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Tanis' actions as being reprehensible of a true hero. How are his actions involving Kitiara, although not admirable, better than those that occurred later on in the novel, specifically between him and Berem. What were Berem's actions regarding what Tanis had done? Are these reactions difficult for the reader to accept? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)