|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kitiara want Ariakas to call for?
2. What is the golden dragon's name?
3. What was the trap within the lock?
4. What did Theros Ironfeld say in regards to love?
5. What was in the water that Berem and Caramon were crossing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had made the Dark Queen excited?
2. For what reason was Tanis compelled to grovel at the feet of the Queen of Darkness?
3. Why did Tas and his parents come through the side gate of the city?
4. What offer is made to Laurana?
5. What is part of Kitiara's plan to destroy the armies of the Golden General?
6. How does Caramon take on the role of a high ranking draconian officer and to what end does his acting serve?
7. What offer does Tanis make Kitiara? How does he justify this?
8. What argument did Caramon make to the mage that was overseeing Raistlin's trials to attempt to save his brother?
9. What does Tanis wish for in regards to what the sea elves can do for them?
10. What things had stopped Laurana?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the different reactions of the group to the revelation that Tanis had been lying to them since he arrived back with the group at Flotsam? How did some of the characters understand this deception and forgive him almost immediately? Suggest reasons why other characters were more hesitant to forgive.
Essay Topic 2
Although Tas and others of his kind weren't welcome in Palanthas, it didn't stop them from entering the place regardless. Discuss their opinions as the reason for this racism, and how they dealt with it. How does kenders' perceptions of themselves play direct roles in their entrance of Palanthas?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the reverence Tanis feels upon his meeting with the Queen of Darkness. Why does he actually feel a sense of awe being in the proximity of one of the great gods? How does this feeling change while being in Paladine's presence? Explain.
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)