|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Order did the clerics who harassed Tas belong to?
2. What had caused Raistlin to envelop his brother in fire?
3. Who stopped Tanis from death?
4. Who had asked for the Golden General?
5. Where do the sea elves' borders extend to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence does Kitiara offer the people that she has indeed captured their Golden General? What ultimatum does she offer the people?
2. What is the first thing that Berem asks of his sister, and what does he do following this?
3. Why was the group extraordinarily lucky in chapter two, "The Golden Span"?
4. What leads the fishermen to their conclusions about the group of companions?
5. Why was Tanis closely examining the map? What was notable about it?
6. What is part of Kitiara's plan to destroy the armies of the Golden General?
7. Why did Laurana feel like a fraud?
8. What things had stopped Laurana?
9. What events had led to the slow decay of Ariakas' dreams?
10. Why did Tas and his parents come through the side gate of the city?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the difference Laurana made on her troops. What would have been likely the outcome had Laurana not been appointed? How is this made obvious following her disappearance?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the self imposed confinement some people wished to go into within the lost city of Istar. What kinds of situations would be likely to encourage continued existence within this realm? How does the length of stay influence the continued stay? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Although Tas doesn't see himself as a thief, many people would think he is in fact, a thief. Discuss the Kender's perception of himself and the way he reacts to being called a thief by a the cartographer.
This section contains 1,050 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)