|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason did Goldmoon offer for the blood red color of the Blood Sea of Istar?
2. What did Kitiara ask permission for?
3. How didn't Tanis fall victim to his passion?
4. What did Raistlin produce to threaten anyone who drew near him?
5. What scent filled the Great Library?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the reason the two dragons couldn't come apart?
2. Why didn't Jasla want Berem to chip away the gemstone?
3. Why did those that loved understand Tanis and his actions?
4. Why did the dragon decide to attempt to be of assistance?
5. What had helped Raistlin in the Tower of High Sorcery?
6. Discuss why there was a moment of indecision in Kitiara regarding the pursuit of the Green Gemstone Man?
7. What did the draconian think might have accounted for the Dragon Highlords' pallor?
8. How did the two brothers work well together?
9. What had Laurana asked the Lord of Palanthas to do about the information about the incoming dragons?
10. Why was it that Astinus seems like he is cold and unfeeling?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss possible reasons why Tanis was mad at his friends for trusting him, even after he liked to them. What did he try to convince the group of, without avail? What was the result of this attempt to debase himself?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the elven view of life as being sacred. How does this compare to different religious views of our world? What religion considers life to be sacred and revered on Earth? What is the justification for this reverence? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the different reactions of the group to the revelation that Tanis had been lying to them since he arrived back with the group at Flotsam? How did some of the characters understand this deception and forgive him almost immediately? Suggest reasons why other characters were more hesitant to forgive.
This section contains 1,000 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)