|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the evil dragons do?
2. What race was Maquesta's first mate?
3. What had Laurana told Flint and Tas to do?
4. Where had Raistlin known the historian from?
5. What explanation did the minotaur offer for what was coming up in the west?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why couldn't the mages defend their own Towers?
2. What had helped Raistlin in the Tower of High Sorcery?
3. What did Tanis know that the others did not?
4. Discuss why there was a moment of indecision in Kitiara regarding the pursuit of the Green Gemstone Man?
5. What did the magic users attempt to explain to the public in vain?
6. Why did the dragon decide to attempt to be of assistance?
7. What was the sight that had taken Tas' breath away?
8. Why was the ship Maquesta captained ideal for her trade?
9. Why, despite the absurdity that was Tanis' story, did Maq believe him?
10. How did Raistlin lie to them all? How had he utilized the orb while the ship was stuck in the maelstrom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the way Laurana and Kitiara feel about Tanis. Whose love is more genuine? What evidence is there to support this? Who was the reader wishing would win Tanis' affection throughout the story and why?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Tanis' actions as being reprehensible of a true hero. How are his actions involving Kitiara, although not admirable, better than those that occurred later on in the novel, specifically between him and Berem. What were Berem's actions regarding what Tanis had done? Are these reactions difficult for the reader to accept? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the different reactions of the group to the revelation that Tanis had been lying to them since he arrived back with the group at Flotsam? How did some of the characters understand this deception and forgive him almost immediately? Suggest reasons why other characters were more hesitant to forgive.
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)