|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had been happening with the eggs of the good dragons?
2. What was the draconian officer attempting to do?
3. What is on the stone column?
4. Where was the Highlord called to?
5. Why can't Maquesta simply get rid of Berem?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Tanis know that the others did not?
2. What was Tanis' excuse for where he had been?
3. Why did Goldmoon look at Maq with disgust?
4. What had happened when Laurana met Kitiara up on the walls of the High Clerists' Tower?
5. Why didn't Jasla want Berem to chip away the gemstone?
6. What did the draconian think might have accounted for the Dragon Highlords' pallor?
7. What was the sight that had taken Tas' breath away?
8. Why is it that the chronicler doesn't appear to die before Raistlin's eyes?
9. Why couldn't Raistlin read the spellbooks?
10. What was Laurana's opinion about having been put in command?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss possible reasons why Tanis was mad at his friends for trusting him, even after he liked to them. What did he try to convince the group of, without avail? What was the result of this attempt to debase himself?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the self imposed confinement some people wished to go into within the lost city of Istar. What kinds of situations would be likely to encourage continued existence within this realm? How does the length of stay influence the continued stay? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the revelation of Fizban as Paladine. Did anyone guess this plot twist? Why or why not? How do these plot twists effect the story line in total, and draw it up to a nice close? Explain your answer.
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)