|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does failure mean to those that take the tests?
2. What did Raistlin produce to threaten anyone who drew near him?
3. What is the question of Laurana's head?
4. What did Flint attempt to keep a firm grip on?
5. What is the name of the dragon that Flint is attempting to ride?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the sight that had taken Tas' breath away?
2. Why was the ship Maquesta captained ideal for her trade?
3. What explanation did Tanis offer as proof that he had not betrayed the group?
4. Why did Goldmoon look at Maq with disgust?
5. What did Tanis know that the others did not?
6. What was Laurana's opinion about having been put in command?
7. What had happened when Laurana met Kitiara up on the walls of the High Clerists' Tower?
8. Why was it that Astinus seems like he is cold and unfeeling?
9. Why didn't Jasla want Berem to chip away the gemstone?
10. How did Raistlin know that he could kill Caramon if he wanted to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the different reactions of the group to the revelation that Tanis had been lying to them since he arrived back with the group at Flotsam? How did some of the characters understand this deception and forgive him almost immediately? Suggest reasons why other characters were more hesitant to forgive.
Essay Topic 2
Although Tas and others of his kind weren't welcome in Palanthas, it didn't stop them from entering the place regardless. Discuss their opinions as the reason for this racism, and how they dealt with it. How does kenders' perceptions of themselves play direct roles in their entrance of Palanthas?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Kitiara's conversations with Lord Soth. How did these conversations illustrate the personality she was trying to reinvent for herself? Do you think she meant the things she had said to Soth? Why or why not? Is it likely that Kitiara is actually as bad a person as she portrays herself to be? How can you prove your answer?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)