|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why weren't the dragons listening to the commands of their riders?
2. How many years has Kitiara been in Tanis' dreams?
3. What does Raistlin see through his hourglass eyes?
4. Who had said they would come?
5. What would have happened had Riverwind refused Tanis' aid?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Tanis' excuse for where he had been?
2. Why did Goldmoon look at Maq with disgust?
3. What information does Gilthanas bring specifically to Laurana?
4. Why is it that the chronicler doesn't appear to die before Raistlin's eyes?
5. Why did the dragon decide to attempt to be of assistance?
6. Why didn't Jasla want Berem to chip away the gemstone?
7. Why are Knights of the Crown unfit for the position of leadership? Who is appointed?
8. Why couldn't Raistlin read the spellbooks?
9. What did Tanis know that the others did not?
10. How had the last four days been a harrowing experience for Tika, Caramon, Raistlin, Goldmoon and Riverwind?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what Gilthanas could have meant by both himself and his sister knowing what it is like to be betrayed. Who, it becomes evident is the one that Gilthanas had been betrayed by? How is this evident in the way the characters treat each other?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Tanis as being a rather selfish character. How does he grow throughout the book? What specific areas does he grow the most in, emotionally, and mentally. Utilize quotes to prove your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss why Flint felt weird going off on his own following his death. What did he mean, when he had said that he "knew who (Fizban) was now". Who did Flint know Fizban was, and how did this serve him, if at all?
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)