|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caramon smell like, according to Raistlin?
2. Who did Tanis think about following his tryst with Kitiara?
3. What did Raistlin wish of Astinus?
4. Who does Kitiara specifically resemble?
5. What faux pas did the Lord of Palanthas make in front of the elven princess?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the two brothers work well together?
2. How was the Tower of High Sorcery cursed?
3. What did the magic users attempt to explain to the public in vain?
4. Why is it that the chronicler doesn't appear to die before Raistlin's eyes?
5. What lie did Tas catch Flint in?
6. What was Tanis' excuse for where he had been?
7. Why are Knights of the Crown unfit for the position of leadership? Who is appointed?
8. What explanation did Tanis offer as proof that he had not betrayed the group?
9. What was the reason the two dragons couldn't come apart?
10. What had forced the good dragons to take the Oath created by the Dark Queen Takhisis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the revelation of Fizban as Paladine. Did anyone guess this plot twist? Why or why not? How do these plot twists effect the story line in total, and draw it up to a nice close? Explain your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss reasons why Flint might have gone after Berem with the speed that he did. Suggest reasons he did so, despite knowing he had a bad heart. How might he have changed his life for the better and lived a longer life if he had stayed with the group? What other events played direct or indirect roles in Flints' condition?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the elven view of life as being sacred. How does this compare to different religious views of our world? What religion considers life to be sacred and revered on Earth? What is the justification for this reverence? Explain.
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)