|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jakkin not want to tell anyone about what he saw?
2. What does Balakk order the men on the drakk hunt to wear?
3. What does Jakkin note about Akkhina?
4. What time of day is it when Jakkin wakes?
5. Who is Jakkin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jakkin see as he leaves the bondhouse and what does he have to do about it?
2. What are the duties of the bond boys who care for the dragons?
3. How does Jakkin become unconscious and what is the consequence of that?
4. For what is Jakkin chosen when the hunters arrive at a clump of trees?
5. How does Akki save Jakkin from freezing to death and what story does she give the other bondmen?
6. Who is Akkhina and what is Jakkin's connection to her?
7. What does Jakkin notice about Kkarina and how does she become free?
8. How does Jakkin think he can escape being a bond man?
9. Who catches Slakk and why does Slakk betray Jakkin?
10. How does Jakkin demonstrate his knowledge of dragon training?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Titles often play a vital role in making a person decide to read a particular book. Discuss the following:
1. Fully explain why you think Dragon's Blood is titled as such. Do you think it is the best title for the book? Why or why not? Can you think of a better title? Why would you choose it?
2. How important is a title in influencing you to consider reading a book? Explain your answer.
3. Do you think a title needs to have direct relevance to a book's content? Explain your answer.
4. Have you ever read a book that when you finished, you do not understand the relevance of the title? Does it discourage you from "trusting" that particular author again?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the following:
1. Compare/contrast Jakkin at the beginning of Dragon's Blood to Jakkin at the end of the novel. How are they alike? How are they different? Are they both sympathetic characters? Which "Jakkin" would you most likely have as a friend? Why? Is each one believable? Why or why not.
2. Compare/contrast Akki at the beginning of the novel to Akki at the end of the novel. How are they alike? How are they different? Are they sympathetic characters? Who would you most likely have as a friend? Why? Is each one believable? Why or why not.
3. Compare/contrast Jakkin to Akki. How are they alike? How are they different? Are they sympathetic characters? Who would you most likely have as a friend? Why? Is each one believable? Why or why not.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following:
1. What do you think are the characteristics of a successful novel?
2. Analyze and discuss Dragon's Blood based upon the criteria you decide upon in #1 and judge if Dragon's Blood is a successful novel.
3. Do you think the fact that Dragon's Blood as a novel in a series changes the criteria upon which its success should be judged? Explain.
This section contains 1,088 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)