|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the dragon and Jakkin do after the dragon swims?
(a) Jakkin grooms the dragon.
(b) Jakkin has to leave.
2. Why do Jakkin and Akki decide to take the drakk back?
(a) To show Likkarn that Jakkin is brave.
(b) To collect a reward.
(c) They decide not to take the drakk back.
(d) Because they both smell like the drakk.
3. What has Jakkin been doing with his gold?
(a) Saving it to buy his and Akki's freedom.
(b) Paying for training books.
(c) Paying for his dragon's food.
(d) Giving it to Errikkin.
4. What does Jakkin wonder about Akki?
(a) How many men she has been with.
(b) How she learned of his oasis.
(c) If she is engaged.
(d) If she likes him.
5. What does Jakkin wonder about all rites of passages to manhood?
(a) If it is all meaningless.
(b) If he passed even though he peed in his pants out of fear.
(c) If they are all lies.
(d) If they are all as difficult as the drakk hunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is at Jakkin's oasis when he comes back to consciousness?
2. Who has precedence at the rails?
3. What does Sakkhan say all good trainers need?
4. What does Jakkin leave with the young dragon?
5. With what does Jakkin promise to return the next day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Likkarn become furious with Jakkin?
2. What does Jakkin do as soon as he realizes there is a drakk nearby?
3. How does Jakkin begin training his dragon?
4. What does Akki offer to bring Jakkin; is she true to her word, and how else does she help him with his dragon?
5. What do Sarkkhan and Jakkin negotiate?
6. What does Jakkin think about rites of passage to manhood and what precipitated his thoughts on the subject?
7. Why is Jakkin momentarily disappointed when he arrives back to his oasis after leaving the kitchen, but what does he then remind himself?
8. What happens between Jakkin and Akki at the end of the story and what does Jakkin vow?
9. What does Kkarina ask Jakkin about the hunt and what is his response?
10. What tactic is Bottle O'Rum using and how do Red and Jakkin respond?
This section contains 934 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)