|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will Jakkin's dragon be fighting?
(a) Heart O'Mine.
(b) Bottle O'Fire.
(c) Bottle O'Rum.
(d) Heart to Heart.
2. Who pushes Jakkin aside when Jakkin is trying to tend to Red's wounds?
(c) No one.
3. What does the young dragon do when he gets to Jakkin?
(a) Bites Jakkin's leg.
(b) Flies into Jakkin full force.
(c) Nibbles Jakkin's hand.
(d) Lies down.
4. What happens after Jakkin's dragon flies off?
(a) It returns several days later.
(b) It returns in an hour.
(c) It refuses to fly away.
(d) It does not return.
5. What happens when Red opens her mouth to make a noise?
(a) She screams in a non-dragon way.
(b) She speaks rather than bellows.
(c) She spews fire as she bellows.
(d) No sound comes out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Akki say when Jakkin suggests she should get paid for the dead drakk also.
2. What does the double letter "k" mean in someone's name?
3. How does Akki bandage Jakkin's wounds?
4. Why does Jakkin pass out?
5. From whom could Jakkin steal food for his dragon?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jakkin begin training his dragon?
2. What happens between Jakkin and Akki at the end of the story and what does Jakkin vow?
3. What does Sarkkhan reveal to Jakkin?
4. What does Akki offer Jakkin for transporting his dragon and why does this make Jakkin angry?
5. What happens as Jakkin approaches his oasis and why does he trip over his dragon?
6. What does Akki offer to bring Jakkin; is she true to her word, and how else does she help him with his dragon?
7. Who has Akki arranged to carry Jakkin's dragon and what does Jakkin wonder about the man?
8. What do Sarkkhan and Jakkin negotiate?
9. What does Jakkin wonder about Akki as the two are walking back to the bondhouse?
10. Why is Jakkin ashamed, and how does he handle that feeling?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)