|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Jakkin's dragon?
(a) Akki's red.
(b) Jakkin's red.
(d) Red beauty.
2. What does Jakkin hear in the pit above him?
(a) Sarkkhan's dragon fighting.
(b) A drakk challenging a dragon.
(c) The sounds of fire burning some of the boundary barrels.
(d) A dragon dying.
3. What does Kkarina tell Jakkin to do when he arrives at the kitchen?
(a) Take a bowl and have some takk.
(b) Clean the hearth.
(c) Chop some bitterweed.
(d) Scrub some pots.
4. What happens after Jakkin dons the old shirt he left with his dragon?
(a) The drakk turns his attention to Jakkin.
(b) Jakkin runs behind a bluff.
(c) Jakkin runs back and jumps in the water to wash off the dragon smell.
(d) The drakk flies off because he smells a human.
5. What does Sakkhan say all good trainers need?
(a) Book learning.
(b) A chance to steal an egg.
(c) A chance to fight their own dragon.
(d) A good woman to stand beside him.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom could Jakkin steal food for his dragon?
2. What does Kkarina ask Jakkin to tell her?
3. Why do Jakkin and Akki decide to take the drakk back?
4. What does Jakkin offer Likkarn?
5. Where does Jakkin entice the young dragon to go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Jakkin and Akki at the end of the story and what does Jakkin vow?
2. Why is Jakkin momentarily disappointed when he arrives back to his oasis after leaving the kitchen, but what does he then remind himself?
3. How does Jakkin begin training his dragon?
4. What does Jakkin leave with his dragon and what does he resolve to do the next visit?
5. Why does Likkarn become furious with Jakkin?
6. What does Sarkkhan reveal to Jakkin?
7. How does Jakkin know something is wrong when he and his dragon are swimming at the opening of Chapter 14?
8. What does Jakkin wonder about Akki as the two are walking back to the bondhouse?
9. Who gives Jakkin assistance and what does the person promise Jakkin?
10. For what does Jakkin use his gold and why does he do so?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)