|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom could Jakkin steal food for his dragon?
(b) The neighboring nursery.
(d) No where.
2. What does Jakkin hear in the pit above him?
(a) A dragon dying.
(b) A drakk challenging a dragon.
(c) The sounds of fire burning some of the boundary barrels.
(d) Sarkkhan's dragon fighting.
3. Why does Jakkin cry out?
(a) The drakk slashes him on the arm.
(b) To remind his dragon to stay in the water.
(c) In order to attract the drakk's attention.
(d) To call for help.
4. What does Jakkin's dragon do while Jakkin is unconscious?
(a) Licks Jakkin's wound.
(b) Stays under the water.
(c) Flies off for help.
(d) Cries out.
5. Who is at Jakkin's oasis when he comes back to consciousness?
(b) No one.
(c) Just his dragon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Likkarn say Rum is using?
2. What does Jakkin wonder about Akki?
3. Who will Jakkin's dragon be fighting?
4. What does Jakkin wonder about all rites of passages to manhood?
5. What does Jakkin decide to do as the dragon watches him gather wort leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens as Jakkin approaches his oasis and why does he trip over his dragon?
2. What does Jakkin do as soon as he realizes there is a drakk nearby?
3. How does Jakkin begin training his dragon?
4. What does Akki tell Jakkin about why she is upset when Jakkin suggests Sarkkhan give her a reward for the dead drakk?
5. Who gives Jakkin assistance and what does the person promise Jakkin?
6. What does Jakkin notice about some of the other dragons as he and his dragon walk towards their assigned a stall and how does Jakkin help his dragon?
7. What does Jakkin wonder about Akki as the two are walking back to the bondhouse?
8. Why does Likkarn become furious with Jakkin?
9. What does Sarkkhan reveal to Jakkin?
10. What does Akki offer to bring Jakkin; is she true to her word, and how else does she help him with his dragon?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)