|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time has gone by when Chapter 17 opens?
(a) Three years.
(b) A year.
(c) Two months.
(d) Five years.
2. What does Jakkin find around his oasis?
(a) A very expensive rare herb he can sell for money.
(b) Droppings from a drakk.
(c) Signs of bushes being smashed.
(d) A footprint too small for him.
3. What does Akki say when Jakkin suggests she should get paid for the dead drakk also.
(a) Jakkin does not suggest that Akki receive any gold.
(b) She'll accept no gold from Sarkkhan.
(c) She is happy to get some gold.
(d) She thinks she did nothing to earn any gold.
4. What does Kkarina say most men want after their first drakk hunt?
(a) To visit the baggeries.
(b) To bathe several times.
(c) To get away from the nursery.
(d) To sleep.
5. What does Jakkin notice when he watches the hatchlings?
(a) They are mostly smaller than his dragon.
(b) They seem less controlled than his dragon.
(c) They are mostly bigger than his dragon.
(d) The crippled dragon is no longer among them.
6. What happens after Jakkin dons the old shirt he left with his dragon?
(a) Jakkin runs behind a bluff.
(b) The drakk flies off because he smells a human.
(c) Jakkin runs back and jumps in the water to wash off the dragon smell.
(d) The drakk turns his attention to Jakkin.
7. With what does Jakkin promise to return the next day?
(a) The little dragon's mother.
(b) His friend Akki.
(c) A dragon expert.
(d) A bowl and knife.
8. What does the young dragon do when he gets to Jakkin?
(a) Nibbles Jakkin's hand.
(b) Flies into Jakkin full force.
(c) Lies down.
(d) Bites Jakkin's leg.
9. What does Jakkin know as he observes the young dragon?
(a) That the young dragon is going to be a fighter.
(b) That the young dragon will change colors as it matures.
(c) That the young dragon does not miss its mother.
(d) That the dragon has been swimming before this time.
10. What does Jakkin wonder about Akki?
(a) If she is engaged.
(b) If she likes him.
(c) How many men she has been with.
(d) How she learned of his oasis.
11. What signifies to Jakkin that his young dragon knows he is coming to the oasis?
(a) There is a burst of color in Jakkin's head.
(b) The dragon makes a particular noise.
(c) The dragon speaks words in Jakkin's mind.
(d) The dragon flies out to meet Jakkin.
12. To what does Jakkin finally agree?
(a) Giving Akki half the prize money.
(b) Waiting until another spring before fighting his dragon.
(c) Accepting help from Akki's friend.
(d) Giving Akki partial ownership of the dragon.
13. About what does Jakkin wonder concerning Ardru?
(a) His relationship to Akki.
(b) Why he has an uncommon name.
(c) Why he is a bonder with no k's.
(d) Nothing in particular.
14. What has Jakkin been doing with his gold?
(a) Saving it to buy his and Akki's freedom.
(b) Giving it to Errikkin.
(c) Paying for training books.
(d) Paying for his dragon's food.
15. What does Jakkin reply to Errikkin's request?
(a) Jakkin asks if Errikkin has already been to the oasis.
(b) Jakkin never thought of owning bonders once Jakkin was free of his bond.
(c) Jakkin says a dragon can only have one trainer.
(d) Jakkin tells him he does not own Akki.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kkarina ask Jakkin to tell her?
2. What does Sakkhan say all good trainers need?
3. What happens when Jakkin calls out to his dragon?
4. From whom could Jakkin steal food for his dragon?
5. Who pushes Jakkin aside when Jakkin is trying to tend to Red's wounds?
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)