|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kkarina ask Jakkin to tell her?
(a) How Likkarn is treating Jakkin.
(b) About his new little dragon.
(c) About his relationship with Akki.
(d) About the drakk hunt.
2. What does Jakkin wonder about Akki concerning Sarkkhan's home?
(b) Why she has been in his house.
(c) Why she lives in his house.
(d) Why she refuses to go to his home.
3. What does Jakkin notice about his dragon's coat the next time Jakkin visits?
(a) Some red shining through the dragon's coat.
(b) It is now golden colored.
(c) It has become black.
(d) It is moulting.
4. What does Kkarina tell Jakkin to do when he arrives at the kitchen?
(a) Chop some bitterweed.
(b) Clean the hearth.
(c) Scrub some pots.
(d) Take a bowl and have some takk.
5. What happens after Jakkin dons the old shirt he left with his dragon?
(a) Jakkin runs back and jumps in the water to wash off the dragon smell.
(b) Jakkin runs behind a bluff.
(c) The drakk turns his attention to Jakkin.
(d) The drakk flies off because he smells a human.
6. What does Jakkin wonder about all rites of passages to manhood?
(a) If they are all lies.
(b) If they are all as difficult as the drakk hunt.
(c) If he passed even though he peed in his pants out of fear.
(d) If it is all meaningless.
7. What does Jakkin know as he observes the young dragon?
(a) That the young dragon will change colors as it matures.
(b) That the young dragon does not miss its mother.
(c) That the dragon has been swimming before this time.
(d) That the young dragon is going to be a fighter.
8. What does Akki offer to get Jakkin?
(a) Some more blisterweed.
(b) Some books on dragon training.
(c) Some numbweed.
(d) A new bowl and knife.
9. What does the young dragon do when he gets to Jakkin?
(a) Lies down.
(b) Bites Jakkin's leg.
(c) Nibbles Jakkin's hand.
(d) Flies into Jakkin full force.
10. What does Kkarina say most men want after their first drakk hunt?
(a) To bathe several times.
(b) To get away from the nursery.
(c) To visit the baggeries.
(d) To sleep.
11. Who sneers at Jakkin?
12. What do Akki and Jakkin do back at the oasis?
(a) Train the dragon.
(b) Get ready to move the dragon.
(c) Play with the dragon and then lie in the sun.
(d) Prepare a week's worth of food.
13. Why does Jakkin pass out?
(a) From blood loss.
(b) From a blow to the head when he falls off the bluff.
(c) From exertion.
(d) From the smell of the drakk as Jakkin stabs the creature.
14. What has Jakkin been doing with his gold?
(a) Giving it to Errikkin.
(b) Saving it to buy his and Akki's freedom.
(c) Paying for training books.
(d) Paying for his dragon's food.
15. About what does Jakkin wonder concerning Ardru?
(a) Why he is a bonder with no k's.
(b) Why he has an uncommon name.
(c) Nothing in particular.
(d) His relationship to Akki.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sakkhan ask for of Red?
2. How does Jakkin plan to get his dragon to Krakkow?
3. Why does Jakkin cry out?
4. What is flying above Jakkin and his dragon?
5. What does Jakkin realize which embarrasses him?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)