|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Red scream in pain?
(a) She gets burned by Rum.
(b) She twists her leg.
(c) She is pinned by Rum.
(d) She twists one wing.
2. What happens when Jakkin calls out to his dragon?
(a) He gets no response.
(b) The dragon breathes fire.
(c) The dragon is gone.
(d) A strong burst of color happens in Jakkin's head.
3. What does Jakkin learn about Sakkhan and Akki?
(a) They are siblings.
(b) They are not related.
(c) They are uncle and niece.
(d) They are father and daughter.
4. From whom could Jakkin steal food for his dragon?
(a) No where.
(b) The neighboring nursery.
5. What does Errikkin ask of Jakkin?
(a) To buy Errikkin's bond.
(b) To take Errikkin to meet Jakkin's dragon.
(c) If Errikkin can help Jakkin train a dragon.
(d) If Errikkin can meet Akki.
6. How big is Jakkin's dragon compared to the day before?
(a) An inch and half longer.
(b) Twice as big.
(c) Three times as big.
(d) About the same.
7. Who pushes Jakkin aside when Jakkin is trying to tend to Red's wounds?
(c) No one.
8. What does Jakkin leave with the young dragon?
(a) A pile of drakk bones.
(b) A bowl of bitterweed.
(c) A pile of fir branches.
(d) His old shirt.
9. What does Jakkin tell his dragon to do?
(a) Fly off.
(b) Run for the cave.
(c) Remain underwater.
(d) Play dead on the sand.
10. What will happen if Jakkin's dragon does not win?
(a) It will drop back in the line up.
(b) It will go to the stews.
(c) He will try again at the next contest.
(d) It is not said what will happen.
11. What does Jakkin notice about the plants around his oasis?
(a) They have withered.
(b) They are ready for picking.
(c) They are gone.
(d) They have gone to seed.
12. Where does Jakkin entice the young dragon to go?
(a) The hot sand baths.
(b) Next to Jakkin.
(c) The warm stream.
(d) The back of the cave.
13. What does Jakkin notice about his dragon's coat the next time Jakkin visits?
(a) It has become black.
(b) It is moulting.
(c) It is now golden colored.
(d) Some red shining through the dragon's coat.
14. What do Akki and Jakkin do back at the oasis?
(a) Get ready to move the dragon.
(b) Play with the dragon and then lie in the sun.
(c) Prepare a week's worth of food.
(d) Train the dragon.
15. Why does Jakkin cry out?
(a) In order to attract the drakk's attention.
(b) To remind his dragon to stay in the water.
(c) To call for help.
(d) The drakk slashes him on the arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Jakkin's dragon?
2. What does Akki say when Jakkin suggests she should get paid for the dead drakk also.
3. What does Akki tell Jakkin about her bond?
4. With what does Jakkin promise to return the next day?
5. Who argues with Jakkin about where Jakkin got Red?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)